Username Post: Brads!        (Topic#1532007)
Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

back in the days- I stocked up on brads. mainly MM. the simple kinds, you must know what I mean.

3 years later- I have a lot of brads. and I mean A LOT OF BRADS.

I was wondering how can I use some of my supplies- and the brads just left my wondering without ideas,
so- what are brads good for?

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Kitty_wOlf

I've seen were they use them to form circles and it looks pretty cool! I have tons of brads too!!!

Tenant

You can frame / outline embellishments and photos with them or you could make decorative edging by aligning them down the side or across a page. You could create a pattern, say, a series of scallops or flourishes, and follow the shape with brads for a studded effect. Easy way to use up lots of brads.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22

Hi there! You can trace doodling templates on the back of your layout, then use a paper piercer to poke holes along the lines. When you flip your layout over you'll have the design to put your brads in! I also did this layout a bit ago where I used a TON of brads to outline the circle. I started with just a few in each corner then I just couldn't stop myself and worked them all the way around! Hope this helps! I have TONS of brads, too!

My Constant Companion By ScrapperSara22

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton

I've been trying to use mine up lately too. Check out my gallery for ideas --
I used them on a pocket Christmas Card page, to hold my doggie's foot print on the Oscar page, on my Sunflower page to hold circle photos, same on my son's 16th birthday layout.

You can dot "I" with them in titles, use three as an accent like I did on my Thanksgiving page, use different ones in a line as an accent border... attach vellum to a journal block like on my SDC layout... attach tags to a layout... that's all I got right now... but there's more I'm sure... Oh I know one more I attached a burlap square to my Great Ball of Twine layout... use in the center of flowers...

LOL that's all I really have for now...

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to ScrapperSara22

very cute~! I love the different sizes.

kari.johnson11
New Kid On the Block
kari.johnson11
In response to Schokoküsse

I usually use them on all 4 corners of my photo to attach to the page but I have also seen the shape designs people have used them for. You could also make a border or use them as a page divider! Good Luck!

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to kari.johnson11

I like to use them to add "lines" to my pages.

Horseshoes By KittyMama

Daddy's Little Helper By KittyMama

this last one, I used them as dots between the triangles. It's not as cool in the picture, but it's nice and dimensional in person.

Cuddle Bugs By KittyMama

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to HollyD

Use thenm to form "trails" behind butterflies and dragonflies stamped on your pages.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to dwelch

I like using mine to create circles too. Here's a page where I did it, mixed with buttons and I looove how it turned out...

Then sometimes you need just a little something extra and brads can be the perfect touch...

On this one, I used them to outline my journaling strips...

You can also use them on your cards if you're a cardmaker. Here are a few I've used brads on...

Hope that helps!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics