Username Post: Creative text only paper/layout ideas?        (Topic#1532039)
Tenant

Hi, everyone:

I kept an online journal for a few years, and now am looking to use excerpts to fill in some (photo) gaps in my scrapbook.

I'm trying to find an interesting, attractive way of displaying the text - thinking either a subtly patterned paper (it would be great if there was something that looked like a journal page) to just print it directly on, or a neat layout idea.

It would be a page for a month - with 6-8 mini paragraphs of items from that month. So I don't want to have to hand write it out, but I could certainly cut and paste from the text file into a more creative format.

(I scrap in 8.5x11, so printing is easy.)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Scrapping My Adventures

You could print out your own writing paper. Here's a link to several different kinds:
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/writing.html

Or here are some pp's that may work:
Products Referenced in This Post:

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 04-05-10 06:29 PM
In response to scraprabbit

The poster above gave you great links. I think almost every manufacturer carries lined or graph paper.

The back side of these Cosmo Cricket pp are lined or graph. Both make good journaling spots. You could also buy or make journaling tags.

Tenant
In response to IzzyB

Thanks so much both of you!

I had tried searching the paper selection here, but didn't come up with any of those!

I like the idea of making/using tags for some of them, but not sure how that would work when the whole page would be the tags. Hmmm.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 04-06-10 06:03 AM

Not sure if this is helpful, but I needed some filler pages for DH's album. It's tidbits of info on the USMC. I scrap 12x12, so I had lots of space to fill.

Another filler By Tivi

Tenant
In response to Tivi

Thanks - that is really useful just to see blocks of text presented in a creative way.

Maybe I could some sort of modified calendar template, with big boxes for the days with entries I'm using.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• Scrapping My Adventures Said:
Thanks - that is really useful just to see blocks of text presented in a creative way.

Maybe I could some sort of modified calendar template, with big boxes for the days with entries I'm using.

I have seen several really cool layouts recently that featured a ton of journaling in different ways.
Here are a couple of mine if you're interested. Any of the handwritten text could be done on the computer as well.

*SNA J/A 09* Kindergarten By Here Kitty

SNA *TaDa Studios* So Another Year By Here Kitty

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 04-08-10 09:55 AM
In response to Here Kitty

If you want use calendar type blocks, I think either Day-Timer or At-A-Glance has online versions of their dayplanner pages. MS Word also has different styles of calendar pages.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to Tivi

LOTS of creative techniques for printing and using your computer to check out on my blog--like how o print around a circle's edge or fill in a circle or print in a ribbon shape or how to print on silk flowers etc.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics