Username Post: Summer Scrapbook        (Topic#1532257)
New Kid On the Block

Recently I have REALLY gotten into scrap booking. I want to make one for this summer coming up and I am wondering what size I should get.

Just recently I have made one for my rescued puppy, his book is 8x8. The only problem with that is I can only fit about one picture on each page. With cutting and getting super creative I can fit about two.

For my senior year in high school I had a 12x12 and it was huge and I had to lug it around for 6 periods before I got to my English class we made it for. Maybe that left an awful memory in my head for larger books :).

Some stuff I want to do is with letters write out what the event is, put pictures, maybe a concert/plane/movie ticket and add stickers and fun stuff like that. If you cannot tell I am very much a novice, or just really dopey. The more I think about the more I think I need the bigger one.

Also are there some ways I can spruce up the book? Right now for my dog I have the background page, a 6.5x4.5 card stack and picture on pretty much every page. BORING! I want my summer book to look beyond amazing. I will look around this site for more ideas but anymore original ones would be amazing!

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012
In response to RocknCraft

all of my pages are 12x12 as many other people's here on sb.com

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to kelsey kay 2012

Go big!!! I used to only do 8x11.5 and swore I would never go bigger ...but once I did, I hardly go back. There are just more options with the 12 x 12....most craft stores carry more of the 12 x 12 stacks and patterned paper...AND you can get more creative with photo size and embellishments.

every once in a while, I will do a small one, like the 8 x 8, for a specific occasion...but that is only if I can not resist a cute scrapbook that only comee in that size.

you do not have to limit yourself, make more than one, even !

I remember lugging around a "memory" book my senior year...that was a LONG time ago...but most of ours got so jam packed with stuff that we started adding handles to them (we thought we were so clever ha ha). I sure wish I still had that big old book.

Tiffany

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

i scrap 12x12 but sometimes it does seem a little big.

i also have several 8.5x11 books. mainly for my sons scout ranks. but if 12 inch seems too big for you, i would try 8.5x11. you can always cut the 12 inch stacks down to fit and use the extra paper for layering techniques, mats, etc.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to abbynormaloh75

Or... Buy a 12x12" album, and do multiple-size layouts within it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CMLeach

Just like pretty much everyone on here, I scrap in 12x12. However, this size can be intimidating because of all the negative space to someone relatively new to scrapbooking. You could go 8.5x11.5 or the smaller 8x8. It all depends on how many pics you want to include in your LO and how many embellishments you want to add.

SeeCheriScrapbook
New Kid On the Block
SeeCheriScrapbook
In response to RocknCraft

There are so many great album options out there now. The internet is a great place to find just the right choice for your next scrapbook. My daughter and I have put together a 16 week video course that is full of great album ideas. Plus, we have great money saving tips also. After all, scrapbooking can really get expensive when we start needing more and more albums!

Check out our website at thescrapbookingacademy.com

joogz
joogz 
Diva
joogz
  • joogz on 04-14-10 12:11 PM
In response to SeeCheriScrapbook

I'm not sure what size my small album was, but like it was said, most small albums can only hold one photo, so I have 12x12 albums and I love them! I find myself trying to be more creative with each LO. Have a great day!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to joogz

You can always get a binding machine and cut paper down to the size you want and customize it. You can get chip board and cut that to size too. I have 6x6, 8x8 and 12x12 papers and binders, but I find that I have flocked to the 12x12. The 8x8 lo I did work on seems too small....but I have to do a few more to complete a book.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics