Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: what do you use to cut circles?        (Topic#1532807)
Nancyko
Pro
Nancyko
In response to cheball

Do you have to have a Cricut Expression to cut circles or will the regular cricut work? Do you need a special die to do it??

brandiey1
Idol
brandiey1
In response to Shutterbugg

Yay, I still use my CM Circles and Ovals too!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Nancyko

• Nancyko Said:
Do you have to have a Cricut Expression to cut circles or will the regular cricut work? Do you need a special die to do it??

You can cut circles with the smaller Cricut. They can be as large as 5 inches. You would need a cartridge that has a circle shape.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to dotfree

And the personal Cricut comes with the George and Basic Shapes cartridge, which has a circle and a whole host of other shapes.

Darkflame_30
Expert
Darkflame_30
In response to aquabunny

I have that one! I LOVE it......it has tags, hearts, flowers, squares, rectangles, circles....

dlc903
dlc903 
Veteran
dlc903
In response to cheball

Got the small puches up to 3". For bigger ones I go for the EK Success Curvy Cutter for ease of use. Cricut would also do the trick if you'd like to set it up just for that.

mollydog
Veteran
mollydog
In response to dlc903

I tried the EK Success Curvy Cutter and hated it...and so It sits. I sold my baby Cricut and got an E. I love it!! The first cut was a 11 inch circle.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to mollydog

Love my CM circles and ovals and also use my Cricut

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to purpledurple

I have the CM oval and cirles, a silhouette, and the fiskars shape express, I use them all!

lovelybloom
Resident
lovelybloom
In response to rockmom

I just bought the making memories circle cutter. since this is my first circle cutter, I have nothing else to compare it too. It works fine for me..does the job. I have punches to cut circles 1.0" - 1.50"

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to cheball

I trace around anything I have to get that just right size circle, and I cut them out with my cuticle scissors. The curved edge works great. I have other cutting things to work with, but I always go back to them!

momneverstops
New Kid On the Block
momneverstops
In response to cheball

I use the Creative Memories cutter system. It has 3 circle guides. The circle guides have a groove in it and the actual cutter piece fits in it. The cutter pieces are 3 different sizes so each guide allows you to cut 3 differnt size circles. It works great and you have lots of options.
If you want to cut a picture in a circle you pick the size. If you pick a smaller circle you can cut bigger ones from the same guide and make matts for your picture.

nicelydone
New Kid On the Block
nicelydone
In response to momneverstops

I just trace around household items. I did get a laught from this:

• Quote:
I also hunted down a roughly 10.5" plate at the thrift store that now has a permanent home in my scrap room.

darkone
New Kid On the Block
darkone
In response to nicelydone

The best one is the Fiskars Shape Cutters, I use all the templates that are available, I find them much easier then the CM if your not sure what I mean then have a look http://shapecuttersforscr apbooking.blogspot.com/ I think it may show you CM's as well?

Tarynne Wise
Diva
Tarynne Wise
In response to darkone

I looovve my fiskar circle cutter!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady
In response to Tarynne Wise

I use my cuticle scissors, I have used the same pair for several years. The curve helps with my cutting small pieces in my paper piecing and works for circles too. So I just find something in my home to trace around that's the size I want and cut it out. i save the money for some other scrapbook item.

Ashley_Jenna
Resident
Ashley_Jenna
In response to Crankylady

I'm with the kitchen tool people. I just track down something around the house that is the right size.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-11-10 05:19 PM
In response to Ashley_Jenna

I love my Creative Memories circle cutters...they're awesome! I now have the Cricut Expression but will still use my CM cutter. I have the George & Basic Shapes cartridge that I bought from an individual and it is great for basic stuff!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to LeeLo

I have them all and don't love any of them! I only have the Cricut Create, but I haven't used it for circles because I couldn't do more than 5 1/2" on it.

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012
In response to cheball

I use the CM circles. work great! even for pictures

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics