Username Post: New Hope MN        (Topic#1533249)
MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

Hi there! I don't have any scrapping friends near by and would love to meet any fellow scrappers in the twin cities and surrounding area!
Annie

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hi there, Annie! My name is Star, and both my mom and I are scrappers from Crystal. We're actually doing a crop in New Hope on the 10th (at our Creative Memories consultant's house). Where do you like to go to scrap?

Tmika
Tmika 
Tenant
Tmika
  • Tmika on 07-06-10 01:29 PM
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hey there! I am a Brooklyn Center scrapper!! Yay, go MN!! Where do you scrap??

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to Tmika

Hello!! =) I love scrapping at Archiver's in Maple Grove (the people there are AWESOME, and so much fun!) and we scrap at our Creative Memory's consultant's house. (She has a monthly crop, usually 9-12 hours...you bring a lunch, get a huge table all to yourself, and she provides dinner. Last time we had salad, garlic bread and a delicious lasagne.) I just bought a new house, so am in the process of unpacking and setting up my own craft area. I'm very excited to be able to scrap at home! Where do you guys scrap?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to MissStarlaMae

I am ALWAYS at the Maple Grove Archivers-love the crops there and the people really are fantastic! Plus with the Michaels and Joanns so close it is a mini scrappers paradise!

I had no idea there was a creative memory's consultant around here! That's so awesome!

Are any of you planning on going to the scrap fest at MOA in september?

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love the people at the Maple Grove Archivers, too. I was sad that Anne Marie left...she was always fun for classes.

I wish I could go to ScrapFest (especially since so many of the MG Archivers people run things there) but my friend is getting married that weekend and I'm a bridesmaid. *sigh* Maybe next year. =) We are going to a retreat near Hinkley in February, though.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

That's too bad-but a wedding will be fun!

I've heard rumors that Tim Holtz is teaching a class this year and I can't wait for the sign ups to start! I'm a complete TH fanatic!

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to MrsAnnieS

Oh, I love Tim Holtz!! Double darn! Oh well, maybe again next year. I have heard that all the vendors and make and takes are very generous with their products...hope you have fun!! =)

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo

I'm from Watertown but go to Archiver's in Maple Grove a lot--I have a friend near there. We're going this Friday, in fact. Don't think we're staying for Mania, though.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to jflanderbo

Oh I love the archivers in maple grove-the ladies there are so friendly and just love it there!

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love the ladies at Maple Grove, too. Sadly a few of my favorites have recently left (sniff) but they're getting some new girls and I'm sure they will be just as nice. (In fact, one of the new hires is a girl I went to high school with.) We did the Breast Cancer Crop there last weekend...that was fun. Our first crop since they got rid of Mania. I still liked it.

Are any of you going to the Rubber Stamp Expo at the Fairgrounds this weekend?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

I haven't heard about the expo...that sounds like fun! But after scrapfest and the tons of pennies I spent there I should probably refrain from going!

I was bummed to hear that some left at MG, but my two favorites are still there, Meg and Lisa.

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to MrsAnnieS

I totally understand. I wasn't able to go to Scrapfest, but I don't need to spend the pennies either...however, I feel like I just HAVE to go to the expo! =) I'm excited to see all the new stamps, and there are so many companies going to be there in one place that I just love (Stampin' Up, Archivers, Anchor Paper) and I'm looking for new stamps to use with the techniques I've recently learned. (I'm really getting into the watercolor pencils w/dove blender, copic markers and shading with Tim Holtz's distress inks.)

I love Meg and Lisa, and Kayla's one of my favorites still at the store. =) Meg and Kayla are going to be at the Archiver's booth this weekend, so it will be nice to see them again.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

If I went to the expo this weekend Meg would probably think I'm stalking her, I saw checked out with her every day at scrapfest, completely on accident! It was so fun to see a familiar face there.
Tim Holtz is pretty much my hero, I love his distress inks and he is such a fun guy. I took a class with him at ScrapFest and a lot of people thought he was kind of full of himself, but I didn't really see it.
Do you like copics? I haven't bought any yet but they are so tempting! Oh and Anchor Paper, next to Archivers they are just so much fun to go and spend lots of $$ at!

MissStarlaMae
Veteran
MissStarlaMae
In response to MrsAnnieS

Haha! We tell the people at Archivers that we're stalking them. It's fun. =)

I've never been able to meet Tim or take a class with him (I just started all of this in February) but I hope to at some point. I just love all of his designs and products...his distressed look is one of my favorites, and I just love his stamps! (I took the vintage holiday card class and ended up buying the santa face set).

I love anchor paper because you can find some really good deals in the clearance room, and I love the huge selection of wood block stamps!

I do like copics...haven't had much time to play with them (I haven't bought any yet, so just during demos) but my next purchase is going to be a set. I've started making some cards using people stams (especially the ones from The Greeting Farm...so cute!), and they really need to be colored in. I've seen what other people have done with the stamps and copics, and the effect looks so great....I HAVE to figure out how to do it!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

I've seen the copics demo'd like that and it always looks so awesome! I am just way too much of a pansy to try it myself, I am not sure I could get the same look!
I've never been to the anchor in plymouth just the one on the saint paul side, which is weird since I work about 5 miles away from the plymouth store!
I am so addicted to Tim's distressing, I bought his first book and just love all the techniques in there, I just need to invest in some alcohol inks to really get going with them!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics