Page 1 of 342 
Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Well hey there! Do you like getting your hands dirty with ink and paint? Do you distress, tear, crumple, and otherwise destroy your papers? Do you find that you often get comments like "Wow, great distressing," or "Look at all that ink and paint!". Do you feel misunderstood in your love of the "darkside" of scrapping?

If so, you've found the right place! I would love to form a COF consisting of gals and guys whom adore the dirty side of scrapping. Come in and chat, vent about your day, and share your work. Stuck on a page? Post and we'll help! Want a raw, honest critique? Ask, and we'll give it. Share your distressing tips and tutorials with us here! Most importantly, have fun!

Sooooo, who will join me, and be my deliciously distressed friends?? I'm looking to keep the group under 20, so we can get to know each other and keep up with chat. If you're interested, please copy the questionaire below, and reply with your answers. Look forward to meeting you!

Check out our tutorials, which is the third post down from here, for inspiration!

Our challenges, to keep us growing as artists!

Challenge 1: Scrap with a product or technique OUTSIDE of your comfort zone..

FIRST HOLIDAY GIFT/CARD EXCHANGE INFO::
!!!*GIRLS, THE HOLIDAYS ARE ALMOST UPON US*!!!!!

**HERE'S THE IDEA**:

I will take the names of people who want to do this, and pair people up. Via PM, you will be given your pals' name, address, and brief questionnaire answers. You will then need to send a handmade card, altered goodie, and another treat to your pal. You must mail by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10,2010..

Sound good?? If you want in, here's what you must do:

*Post here that you want to, and send me a PM that you want in, by Friday, September 10. Include your full name, mailing address, and answers to the questionnaire. (At the bottom of this post)

*The weekend of September 11-12, I will assign pals and send you a PM with your pal's info. THIS IS A SECRET!!! Don't tell who you are making goodies for! We want this to be a surprise! You will be making items for someone DIFFERENT than who is making for you!!
((Of course, as the hostess, I will know who is making for me. That is OK by me! AND, no matter how much you bribe me, I will not tell who is making for who! HAHA!)

*Going by your pals' answers on the questionnaire, you must make a card, handmade goodie, and send them a treat. Then, mail by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2010...

**SECRET SANTA QUESTIONNAIRE**

1.) What is/are your favorite color combo(s)? Holiday(s) you celebrate??
2.) What kind of homemade/altered item would you really like? Theme? Colors?
3.) What is your favorite candy/chocolate?
4.) What is your favorite savory/salty snack?
5.) Do you like jewelry? If so, silver or gold?
6.) Are your ears pierced?
7.) Do you like candles? Favorite brand, color, scent?
8.) Do you like perfumes, body oils? Favorite scent?
9.) Lip gloss or makeup favorites?
10.) Favorite scrapbook manufacturer? Scrappy product?
11.) Is your sb.com wishlist current?
12.) Your first choice from the wishlist?

**There is a $20 limit on this secret santa**

PARTICIPANTS:
Rebecca
Annie
Andrea
Carrie
Celina
Wendy
Drea
Becky
Sabrina
Amy
Lisa

Edited by byondbzr on 09-06-10 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

.....MEMBERS.....

*BYONDBZR*
1. What's your name?
Rebecca
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc..
I have a boyfriend of 7 years, and we have two children. My girly-girl Rylie just turned 5, and my crazy boy Mason just turned 3.
3. How long have you been scrapping?
Five years.
4. What is your favorite product?
I must say ink, I can't do a page without INK!
5. Your favorite manufacturer?
My Mind's Eye and Basic Grey for patterned papers. Clearsnap for ink, I am addicted to Colorbox cat's eyes
6. A quick description of your style?
"Eclectic distressing meets beauty parlour"
7. Anything else you want to share?
I can be a little cooky and sometimes crazy! I scrap to preserve memories for my children, but I also enjoy the artistic side of it. Nothing is off limits to me, I scrap good, and bad. I don't think only the good times should be remembered, that would be a lie. I scrap with anything, I just don't care about "acid/lignin" free! I love to alter stuff, and again, nothing is off limits there either!

*FOREVERVAMPRESS*
1. What's your name?
Celina
I'm a military spouse; my 14th wedding anniversary is in May. I have two daughters, 17 and 13, and a son who is 3. I have a very large extended family and a few unofficially adopted members.
I've been scrapping since June of 2009. Got obsessed with it right away and my husband says it's an addiction!
Right now my favorite prodcut is any color of Distress Ink. There are so many wonderful products out there but my fingers are constantly colored with ink.
My favorite manufacturer must be Ranger. They make such awesome products I love to use like memory glass and studio paints.
I'd say my style is pretty eclectic but I like to go dark whenever I can.
Nothing else comes to mind at the moment but I am sure stuff will come up to share later! I look forward to be a part of this COF!

*KRISSYCLARKMCKEE*
1. What's your name?
Kristin "Krissy" Clark McKee
Married - not my first but it IS my last marriage! Three year anniversary is this October. I have four children spread out in age from 23 to 9. Thankfully, they don't all live at home anymore. Hubby has two children, 23 and 26, who are also out of the house and self-sufficient. We have four, yes four, dogs (all ankle biters) and my youngest daughter is the proud owner of two rats.
I just started last April - can't believe I waited so long!
Distress Ink - can't seem to do a page without it!
Gosh, that one is so hard! Probably my two favorite paper manufacturers right now would be Graphic 45 and Crate Paper. I am a paper addict,though!!!!6. A quick description of your style?
Not a clue - I don't think I have just one. If you know, please tell me. I have been super-fascinated by vintage lately, though.7. Anything else you want to share?

*DANCINIRISH90*
1. What's your name?
Lisa
I've been married for 16 years. I have a 13 year old daughter. We have a dog and a bird.
I've kept up with albums of photos and memorabilia since high school. I started 'modern' scrapbooking a couple years ago, but I feel I've only recently started embracing the more artistic side of this hobby.
I go in phases, but I don't do many pages without some type of ink on it. And I love border punches too.
Probably Basic Grey
What style? I let the pictures decide how they should be presented, I guess. I do consider my pages as divided into 2 types -- functional pages and artistic pages. I scrap all my photos, so sometimes I just need to get them done with multiple photos and not a lot of other stuff going on. But when a photo is extra special to me or inspires me, I give it a more elaborate treatment. Does that make sense?

*ZUK*
1. What's your name?
Andrea
I've been married for 8 1/2 years to my husband Trey and we have an 8 year old son.
Like Lisa I started in high school with what was available back then. I've always been into art my whole life and went to fashion college for a year.I'm especially fascinated with color!
Most definately my distress inks. I have all the colors and just love playing with them.
Tim Holtz, Basic Grey, and Bobunny.
I don't feel like I have a certain style. My starting point is always the photo so that dictates where I want the design to go. I LOVE trying new techniques and telling stories with my photos and designs!
I'm on the design team for "If it's groovy" as a 2 page designer. I also just opened up my own etsy shop about a week ago, so I've been pretty busy lately but this seems like a great group already. Besides, I like the sound of being a deliciously distressed diva. Lol.

*WENDYG-SA*
1. What's your name?
Wendy
Married with 3 adorable kids. Jarrod's 11 and entering that pre-teen phase which is scaring me a bit. Erin is 4 and a real FIRE CRACKER! Just like mom. And my darling Matt has just turned 1 and is the most adorable baby. Love them all to death!!
My mom got me started at the end of 2007 and I'm absolutely hooked now
I'm just loving misting at the moment. I love the fact that I can alter anything to the colour I WANT!!! Cool5. Your favorite manufacturer?
I LOVE Prima's embellies. For pp's I must say Prima, Kaiser Kraft and I've recently become hooked on the creative Imaginations range6. A quick description of your style?
I have several because I do really girly LO's for my daughter and then I go to the opposite extreme for my oldest son. But genrellay I love to tear, crumbles, paint, stitch.
I find it extremely frustrating having a very unique style amongst local scrappers here in SA. I can't join any crops or classes because I just don't fit in so sb.com has become my scrapping home. Look forward to learning and sharing with you gals

*MRSANNIES*
1. What's your name?
Annie
Just got married in September, no kids yet but a 10 y/o german shepherd and a 12 week old cockapoo
2 years
Colorbox cat's eyes, am obsessed! Just got my first distressed ink and am pretty sure I'm loving it!
Prima for embellies and BasicGrey for pp
Still looking for it, I've been 'throwing together' scrapbooks for two years with putting enough thought in it to make sure the paper is straight. But have started getting a little more into the artistic side and have found that not one page-no matter the theme-doesn't have something torn, crumpled, inked or chalked. Have also found that I love the backing of prima flowers to add to los
My hands and nails are always dirty-thanks to either the pottery wheel in my garage or the ink that is cluttering my table! Love to get constructive criticism and learn new techniques and products and would love to get to know some people also into scrapbooking-even if they aren't in the area!

*PLANTY*
1. What's your name?
Crystal
I have a husband and 3 sons, ages 14, 7,an 3.
Been Married for 6 years and toghether with my husband for 12.

Man, I would have to say about 6 years now
Glimmer mist I use it on almost everything
Tattered angels and Cosmo Cricket hands down!
Sloppy and un-kempt I often say I do not use a paper trimmer because I'm too lazy to get it out..
I'm on the DT for Scrap Mojo and I have a total obsession with vintage buttons

*SCRAPINBABYGAL*
1. What's your name?
Sabrina
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids?
I've been married to DH for 2 years and we have one son Captain Cuteness
About 7 years
Buttons for embellies, rub ons, inks
Basic Grey or anything coordinated
6. A quick description of your style? Oh goodness. Its a mixed variety but I suppose I am clean and simple. I do pride myself of 'specializing' in scrapping the mundane, ordinary.
I looked forward to making new friends and learning new things to try on my LOs.

*ANDREAM*
1. What's your name?
Andrea m
married two kids one boy one girl
six years
love so many
tim holts/ranger
new to distress but loveing it and want to learn more.
7. Anything else?
love my cricut and cant stop buying cartridges.

*AUNTJO*
1. What's your name?
Becky aka AuntJo
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids?
Etc.. Married for almost 25 years, have 3 grown sons, 6 grandchildren, and a furbaby dog named Jedda
Since around 1996 or 97....my dh suggestions...do you think he regrets it?4. What is your favorite product?
wow...don't have just one...besides paper!!!! LOL!
hmmm...another tough one. Basic Grey, DCWV, K & Co., of course Tim Holtz stuff.
I really don't know what my style is. I love vintage and the shabby chic style which I am trying to learn and get my pages to that point. So that is why I joined here!!!!
Looking forward to what all this group will teach me and show me! A new adventure!

*GENTLEWOODFARMS*
1. What's your name?
Pat
I'm married to Tom (22 years now). Mom to Beth and Amy. Teach mathematics - currently in middle school, but was teaching at the university level before my husband took his job with Oklahoma Gas and Energy and we moved to OKC area. Beth married Tony in 2009. Amy joined the US Army this year.
I started scrapping in 2004 when I was blessed with a black and white appaloosa colt that was national level show quality. I wanted to keep a "book" for clients to look at as we went to the regional shows. I planned to stand him as a stallion, but he died of liver cancer at age four. Scrapbooking sort of filled the hole and still provides a creative outlet for me.
oh man. Um. Prima Flowers and Vintage style paper.
7 gypsies, Basic Grey, Jeni Bowlin, Websters Pages
Vintage, Heritage, Shabby Chic. When I'm not doing that, I'm doing down and dirty, clean lines, and simple construction for a class project to teach.
Um....I'm sure I'll think of something as we go along. Mostly I'm just flattered to be invited to be included. I recognize most of the names here and think your all's collective work is pretty amazing!

*AMARILYS*
1. What's your name?
Amarilys but people call me Amy
I'm married. In fact, I celebrated my 1 year anniversary this past May!

Since the summer of 2003
now, this one is hard. I love all sort of distressing stuff but I also love prima flowers
Prima for flowers and probably Basic grey for pattern paper

I have no idea although many have told me that my style is shabby chic
Well, I love my Pazzles and CANNOT (I've tried!) make a layout without using it! My husband supports my hobby (he got me the Pazzles as a birthday present some years back) up to the point where he begs for me to go shopping (he's a keeper alright!) and he nags me for not having finished the wedding album yet. I love to make my own embellishments. Sometimes I sell premade pages and embellishments (tear bears, handmade flowers, etc) on eBay to help support my hobby.

Oh, yeah, it takes me hours and even days to finish one layout. I'm extremely sloooow but I always love how the layout looks at the end.
------------------------- --------------------

*TUMBLE*
1. What's your name?
carrie
I am married to a wonderful man named brian and i have 3 furbabies that i adore, jingles, jasper and pigeon
Almost 5 years.
Paper, page distresser and INK..
Prima for embellies of course! Tim holtz everything he makes, basic grey is my absolutel fav and glitz papers
i think shabby chic maybe
If i can distress, It will be done...

Edited by byondbzr on 09-05-10 03:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Getting To Know You Questionaire

1. What's your name?

Edited by byondbzr on 04-24-10 05:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

*TUTORIALS*

Reusing plastic packaging, by Rebecca
Bleached out Prima flowers, by Rebecca
Using alcohol inks on fabric embellishments, by Rebecca
Using alcohol inks on paper, by Rebecca

Edited by byondbzr on 04-29-10 07:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

1. What's your name?
Celina
I'm a military spouse; my 14th wedding anniversary is in May. I have two daughters, 17 and 13, and a son who is 3. I have a very large extended family and a few unofficially adopted members.
I've been scrapping since June of 2009. Got obsessed with it right away and my husband says it's an addiction!
Right now my favorite prodcut is any color of Distress Ink. There are so many wonderful products out there but my fingers are constantly colored with ink.
My favorite manufacturer must be Ranger. They make such awesome products I love to use like memory glass and studio paints.
I'd say my style is pretty eclectic but I like to go dark whenever I can.
Nothing else comes to mind at the moment but I am sure stuff will come up to share later! I look forward to be a part of this COF!

Edited by forevervampress on 04-24-10 09:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to forevervampress

Hi Celina, welcome aboard!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

So today I took my kids to a "Fairy Princess" birthday party. It was a friend of my dd's from preschool. The kids had fun, and got worn out, LOL. They are now on the way to grandma's house to spend the night. I get a night with NO kids, WOOHOO! I don't know if me and Jim(boyfriend) will go out or anything....

Right now, I'm kicking out some laundry, and then I want to get my scrap on!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to byondbzr

Hi girls! Thanks for the invite Rebecca! I'm in even though I have alot on my plate right now. I'm on my way to lunch and to get my new dining chairs. I'll fill out the questionaire later today.Look forward to getting to know you guys better.
Andrea

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to DreaSlee

Awesome Andrea! Pop in when you can, and share your stuff with us so we can "oooh and ahhhh"..LOL!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Hmmmm, I am sitting here thinking about mud. I have a picture I want to scrap, and I want to put "mud" on my page.. I must figure this out!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Hey, Girls! Just got back from scrapbook supply shopping! Yippee! I got a lot of cool stuff and I got most of it on sale! Can't wait to start playing with it. Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Mmmmm...Shopping.....
Sounds fabulous!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:

1. What's your name?
Kristin "Krissy" Clark McKee
Married - not my first but it IS my last marriage! Three year anniversary is this October. I have four children spread out in age from 23 to 9. Thankfully, they don't all live at home anymore. Hubby has two children, 23 and 26, who are also out of the house and self-sufficient. We have four, yes four, dogs (all ankle biters) and my youngest daughter is the proud owner of two rats.
I just started last April - can't believe I waited so long!
Distress Ink - can't seem to do a page without it!
Gosh, that one is so hard! Probably my two favorite paper manufacturers right now would be Graphic 45 and Crate Paper. I am a paper addict,though!!!!
Not a clue - I don't think I have just one. If you know, please tell me. I have been super-fascinated by vintage lately, though.

I am going to my first ever crop tomorrow! Yay!!!!! I am trying to be organized and packing up little kits in baggies - hoping to keep from taking every single supply I own with me!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to krissyclarkmckee

YAY Krissy, glad you joined us!

Hope you have a great time at your crop today! My first ever crop, well not with family that is, was with a bunch of gals here at sb.com. We call ourselves the WTTS girls. (Will Travel To Scrap) Goodness, I was so nervous for our first meeting, but everyone was awesome, and we already "knew" each other so we really hit it off.

We've had two crops now, one in Ohio, one in Michigan. Our third crop is this summer, I'm trying to save up money for it. It's at a crop retreat, a pretty, old house. It's under a two hour drive for me, so I really hope to make it!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

OK, have to run to the store. When I get back I'll add your info to the member list Krissy!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca, a crop retreat sounds so much fun. Some of my good friends in another forum on this site are supposed to be planning a retreat in October that I'm hoping to go to! It seems like so much fun!

The crop I'm going to today is at Archiver's and I'm going with a lady I met on this site who actually lives in the same town as I. So, I've made my little baggy packages but will probably be looking for reasons not to have what I want/need for my layouts so I can do a little shopping, too! LOL!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to krissyclarkmckee

Hee, yep, an excuse to shop is always nice isn't it! I just love this hobby because it is so easy to bond with people online, and then possibly meet up. I hope you get to go to the meet-up!

When I crop, I do as you do, I make "page kits". I will get four pics(or sets of them if wallet sized)and then pull the pp's and embellies. I take a few extra pics, not as kits, in case I get all four layouts done. I also take nearly all of my flowers, a huge selection of inks/paints, my trim collection, and extra cs and pp. I honestly never get more than four LO's done during a weekend crop. I like to chat, we go out to eat and for coffees, we hit up a LSS, and really, I do scrap slowly as I often have to wait on paint/mists to dry! Our first crop, I got 3 LO's done, the second one, I got a 12x12 wall hanging, and a 6 page mini album completed.

Edited by byondbzr on 04-25-10 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

OK, going to go scrap for a bit. I tried making "mud" yesterday. It didn't go over like I wanted, BUT, I do like what I have. So, I want to finish this up and if I still love it, I may do a tutorial on it.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Can't wait to see what you came up with for mud, Rebbeca! You know, I wish I could find other scrappers around where I live but haven't had any luck so far. My best friend scraps and we get together but the frequency has gone down because her life is so crazy busy right now. We try to get together once a month at least. I try to scrap every day because it's how I relax.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Me too Celina. Getting my hands dirty really helps me de-stress. I'm sorry to hear you friend is too busy to get together, I hope you can find more local scrappy folks! You don't happen to be in Ohio, do you??

Weeellll...The "mud" doesn't look like my vision. I can try again with different materials sometime. I did scrap the layout anyway, and I like the final result. I also decided it was time to use the empty plastic packaging from my Prima flowers. I have kept many, just not wanting to throw them out. I used alcohol ink on one, and layered it on my page. I have an idea to whip up some flowers using this technique too. I am off to try it!

Here is my page if you'd like a peek!

Feel the Earth By Byondbzr

Page 1 of 342 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics