Page 2 of 342 
Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to forevervampress

I would love to join you girls here, if you'll have me

1. What's your name?
Lisa
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc..
I've been married for 16 years. I have a 13 year old daughter. We have a dog and a bird.
3. How long have you been scrapping?
I've kept up with albums of photos and memorabilia since high school. I started 'modern' scrapbooking a couple years ago, but I feel I've only recently started embracing the more artistic side of this hobby.
4. What is your favorite product?
I go in phases, but I don't do many pages without some type of ink on it. And I love border punches too.
5. Your favorite manufacturer?
Probably Basic Grey
6. A quick description of your style?
What style? I let the pictures decide how they should be presented, I guess. I do consider my pages as divided into 2 types -- functional pages and artistic pages. I scrap all my photos, so sometimes I just need to get them done with multiple photos and not a lot of other stuff going on. But when a photo is extra special to me or inspires me, I give it a more elaborate treatment. Does that make sense?
7. Anything else you want to share?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to dancinirish90

Of course Lisa, YAY!!!!!!! I'll go add ya...

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Oooh, love how you described your style Lisa! I am the same way, I let pictures "tell" me what to do! Sometimes the result is grungy, sometimes bold and crazy, but one thing I rarely do is simple. Occasionally, yes. I also tend to do what I call "concept" LO's I did one that was my son swinging, and I made the background page look like the sun, sky, Earth. I put a huge tree on it too, and "hung" the pic like my son was actually swinging on it.. I also did one with a rainbow and houses underneath, like it's a street with homes.

I think, it's my concept of how I would see the world in relation to the picture itself. I am trying to capture the memory along with the pic. It is normally artsy, and would never make a publication, but I think it rocks! It can be crazy, but I have found here at sb.com, that people really LIKE that type of scrapping. KWIM? Heck, I think my swing LO got 60+ votes as faves, that is incredible to me, as I nearly didn't post it. I thought everyone would LAUGH at it! You just never know. It was so different, I thought there was no place for it in the scrappy world. That NEVER stops me from creating, I love it!

Edited by byondbzr on 04-25-10 11:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

I remember that LO, Rebecca - and it really was/is amazing. One thing I've come to realize is that there is a place for EVERY style in the scrappy world! I think people like to see and admire things they wouldn't or couldn't do and appreciate them for all the creativity and effort that went into them even if it's not their style.

It's so funny -- the LO's of mine that I think are not so good, often get lots of votes, and the ones of mine I love, get ignored! LOL -- I am obviously not a very good judge of what people like.

I'm struggling with a LO right now because I don't have the right ribbon. I do NOT want to haul my lazy self out to the store to shop for something else, so I'm trying to figure out what to do to improvise. I'm trying to do 'girly punk' for this one. I know there are going to be safety pins on it somehow and some distressed brocade looking pp, but that's as far as I've gotten.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Well, what color of ribbon do you need?? IF you have white or cream, and the desired color in glimmer mist, paint, or ink, then you can color to suit your needs. That is why I have a bunch of white lace and burlap, it is so easy to alter.

Also, if you cannot color white ribbon, pick a piece of cs or pp that is the right color. Cut it into the width you desire, and crumble it up. Then, roll it onto a pen or pencil, and use it as "paper" ribbon. Does that help? Adding something like Glossy Accents will really set it apart too, it won't look like paper, KWIM??

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Oh yeah, instead of ribbon, maybe fold a piece of paper accordian style, that could work too!?!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

In case you would like a peek at my scrappy storage/space, it was featured on the Scrap N' Art blog!

http://www.scrapnart.com/blog/?p=3113

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

OK, got a second page done and put up a tutorial on reusing plastic packaging on my blog. The link is in the description. I love this idea, and will use it over and over!

First bloom By Byondbzr

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Gorgeous, Rebecca! I think what you are doing with the plastic is amazing. I, however, have a horrible fear of alcohol inks. Maybe being in this group with help me conquer it

Well, I finished my LO, but it's too dark to get a pic tonight I think. It turned out more 'girly' than 'punk.' Actually, I should have said 'new wave' anyway. I ended up just using a ribbon I had, and it looks okay. On to the next thing!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

1. What's your name?
Andrea
I've been married for 8 1/2 years to my husband Trey and we have an 8 year old son.
Like Lisa I started in high school with what was available back then. I've always been into art my whole life and went to fashion college for a year.I'm especially fascinated with color!
4. What is your favorite product?Most definately my distress inks. I have all the colors and just love playing with them.
Tim Holtz, Basic Grey, and Bobunny.
I don't feel like I have a certain style. My starting point is always the photo so that dictates where I want the design to go. I LOVE trying new techniques and telling stories with my photos and designs!
I'm on the design team for "If it's groovy" as a 2 page designer. I also just opened up my own etsy shop about a week ago, so I've been pretty busy lately but this seems like a great group already. Besides, I like the sound of being a deliciously distressed diva. Lol.

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the invite Rebecca, I'd love to join. I can't promise I'll be able to check in everyday as I work full time but I'll drop in as often as possible.

Getting To Know You Questionaire

1. What's your name?
Wendy
Married with 3 adorable kids. Jarrod's 11 and entering that pre-teen phase which id scraing me a bit. Erin is 4 and a real FIRE CRACKER! juts like mom. And my darling Matt has just turned 1 and is the most adorable baby. Love them all to death!!
My mom got me started at the end of 2007 and I'm absolutely hooked now
4. What is your favorite product?
I'm just loving misting at the moment. I love the fact that I can alter anything to the colour I WANT!!! Cool
I LOVE Prima's embellies. For pp's I must say Prima, Kaiser Kraft and I've recently become hooked on the creative Imaginations range
I have several because I do really girly LO's for my daughter and then I go to the opposite extreme for my oldest son. But genrellay I love to tear, crumbles, paint, stitch.
I find it extremely frustrating having a very unique style amongst local scrappers here in SA. I can't join any crops or classes because I just don't fit in so sb.com has become my scrapping home. Look forward to learning and sharing with you gals

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to WendyG-SA

Yay! That is OK Wendy, check in when you are able. I don't want this to be a stressful place, where you feel you HAVE to keep up and then feel guilty/bad if you're behind. I don't like that feeling and don't want to inflict it upon anyone else!

I have to get the kids up/dressed and take Rylie to preschool. I'll add you two to the member list when I get back!

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Good morning!

Here's the LO I was working on yesterday. I was going to do something different with the glimmer mist, but it didn't work, so I ended up using a paper towel to spread mist over the whole bg. I like how it came out - kind of swooshy.

Safety Dance By Dancinirish90

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
Me too Celina. Getting my hands dirty really helps me de-stress. I'm sorry to hear you friend is too busy to get together, I hope you can find more local scrappy folks! You don't happen to be in Ohio, do you??

Weeellll...The "mud" doesn't look like my vision. I can try again with different materials sometime. I did scrap the layout anyway, and I like the final result. I also decided it was time to use the empty plastic packaging from my Prima flowers. I have kept many, just not wanting to throw them out. I used alcohol ink on one, and layered it on my page. I have an idea to whip up some flowers using this technique too. I am off to try it!

Here is my page if you'd like a peek!

Feel the Earth By Byondbzr

Nope not in Ohio. I live in Texas. lol. I do love that you used the Prima packaging in this layout. I also have some packaging saved up and am gonna have to try using it some time.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to byondbzr

Hey there, I'd love to join if you'll have me!

1. What's your name? Annie
2. Tell a little about your family. Married? Kids? Etc..Just got married in September, no kids yet but a 10 y/o german shepherd and a 12 week old cockapoo
3. How long have you been scrapping? 2 years
4. What is your favorite product?Colorbox cat's eyes, am obsessed! Just got my first distressed ink and am pretty sure I'm loving it!
5. Your favorite manufacturer? Prima for embellies and BasicGrey for pp
6. A quick description of your style?Still looking for it, I've been 'throwing together' scrapbooks for two years with putting enough thought in it to make sure the paper is straight. But have started getting a little more into the artistic side and have found that not one page-no matter the theme-doesn't have something torn, crumpled, inked or chalked. Have also found that I love the backing of prima flowers to add to los
7. Anything else you want to share? My hands and nails are always dirty-thanks to either the pottery wheel in my garage or the ink that is cluttering my table! Love to get constructive criticism and learn new techniques and products and would love to get to know some people also into scrapbooking-even if they aren't in the area!

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to MrsAnnieS

Good morning girls! Annie my hands are always covered in ink or paint.I don't even bother painting my nails anymore. I just finished a distressed LO yesterday but since it's a DT project I'll have to wait to share it.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to DreaSlee

Love the LO Lisa!

Welcome aboard Annie, I'll go add you!

Andrea- That is one thing I dislike about DT work, not being able to share it as soon as it's finished!

Celina- Yes, use up those packages! I am thinking I'll mainly be using them to layer with. I love to layer! Oh yeah, Texas is a wee bit far to go to crop, LOL! Perhaps someday, one can never exclude anything right?!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca, I got to tell you I LOVE your "mud" layout! The one thing I absolutely love about your layouts is that you aren't afraid to experiment and you look at things (like plastic packaging) that I would NEVER think of using with an eye to making it part of your art!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
In case you would like a peek at my scrappy storage/space, it was featured on the Scrap N' Art blog!

http://www.scrapnart.com/blog/?p=3113

I swear, I'm as bad as Pavlov's dog - seeing the two drawers with inks and Prima made me want to immediatley jump up and start scrapping. There was a fair amount of drooling going on, too! LOL!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
OK, got a second page done and put up a tutorial on reusing plastic packaging on my blog. The link is in the description. I love this idea, and will use it over and over!

First bloom By Byondbzr

I could babble on for the next five minutes or so about how much I love this! Like, Lisa, I have an unreasonable fear of alcohol inks. I also have a fear of using masks, but I think I will bite the bullet and give them a try because your layout is fantastic and I want to be able to do that!

Page 2 of 342 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics