Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Ok...ladies I will take off the prove your not a robot! I don't know why it seems like my blog has been acting up lately. I had one ladies post that has posted often forever go in the spam box? What's up with that?

Drea...sorry to hear that the circus wasn't that good. But like you said Logan enjoyed it and that is what matters, plus just the time of being together. If you ever get insurance my dil is going to a NUCA chiropractor in Vegas. I think they have one in Reno too. She broke her back several years ago and hasn't been able to get any relief. He is really helping her with the pain and getting things back in alignment. If I read your post wrong about your neck forgive me for rambling on. LOL! We will definitely have to compare notes...when all of my symptoms first started I would have tingling running up my leg and into my back from my foot. Sorta feels like an electrical shock. And like you said they can find nothing wrong with your nerves or any damage. So frustrating.

Had a great day today. Went to church and lo and behold my middle ds and his girlfriend showed up. Yay! They then came over and we had lunch....but not much bonding time with conversation...we all fell asleep and took like a 2 hour nap! LOL!

Ok...off I go! need to get some sleep tonight...I know I had that big of a nap...but this little bit of storm that is coming in is kicking my butt!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Drea you should look into rolfing, my sister had guillain barre, which basically is caused by the body's immune system attacking the nervous system, so she lost all feelings in her nerves, that was almost 6 years ago and she still has issues. But rolfing has really helped her get over a lot of the lingering pain. Rolfing helps strengthen the body, and is kind of a cross between physical therapy and massage (according to my sister!) I know you don't have insurance at the moment, but it might be something to think about

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hi ladies, lots of chatter here

No big plans for spring break - although, it's the first time ever that Cassie's had the same spring break for school and dance so we really are free all week. Probably lots of pj time. Becky, she tried scrapping a few years ago, but she hasn't done any in a while. She thinks she's not good at it, which is ridiculous.

Drea, I wanted to ask you -- I'm seeing in the store here that Cricut 12x12 mats are discontinued? What the heck does that mean? What are we supposed to be using? Is there a replacement product? If they think I'm buying a new generation of their machine they are nuts! $500 is a ONE time purchase, and I will be livid if they are making it obsolete.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to dancinirish90

Lisa I don't know what's going on with the Cricut mats. But I really need some. I was having a hard time last night cutting a title out. I hope they're not getting rid of them. I'm going to make some calls later to Michael's and Joann's. If any of you see them anywhere let us know. There is a little trick to get them sticky again, but I'm sure you guys already know. Just in case you don't though, use a clorox cleaning wipe over the whole mat. It gets rid of dirt and paper particles, leaving your mat sticky again. However it only works once. I had already done it to all my mats before, and tried it again last night, but was only able to get one more sticky enough to cut my title.

Annie I've never even heard of that.I'll have to look into it. I'm doing good today and even did pilates. I'm actually much better now than I was about 3 years ago. It's just so hard to plan anything when you never know how you're going to feel. But eating healthier helps too.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to DreaSlee

Woohooo!!!! Joann's finally has the Cricut mats! I just called and they had 3, so I had them put one on hold for me. I need to get some more white cardstock anyway.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to DreaSlee

Drea I hope your new mats are better than mine! I got a pack of them around Christmas and they were white not the usual green. And they didn't hold paper at all! Lucky for me I found an old green one in my closet. I asked the cricut forum on here about it and they said you need to activate it with a credit card or something-which of course didn't work for me...I'm a little irritated with Provo craft at the moment-it took me ages to find new mats and now I can't even use them! Ugh!

Ok venting done...

I'm glad you were feeling better today!

Lisa I hope you girls have fun this week!

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to MrsAnnieS

I use crafters companion sprays on my mats. I have the crafters companion stick away spray and the stick and spray. I usually only buy a pack of mats once a year. I usually end up buying the mats because they are all worped and bent.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to andrea m

They didn't have the original mats. They're not carrying them anymore. I had no choice but to try the white ones. I just used it and it held fine, but normally when I use a new mat it's almost hard to peel the paper off, and this time the paper came right off. I can see them not lasting long at all.It's SO frustrating! I'm venting with you Annie! Lol!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to DreaSlee

Oh boy - that doesn't sound good at all, Drea. What a pain.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

At least it's working. I can tell they're not going to last as long though. I'm sure that's all part of their plan. Lol! Just dropping this off before dinner.

Reach for the stars By DreaSlee

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to DreaSlee

I wonder if people complained about the originals being too sticky at first. I know I had trouble with them, but at least they lasted a long time.

I have one to share:

Les Miserables By Dancinirish90

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo

Awesome pages ladies!

Oh No ...don't tell me about the mats! Guess I better look for some while I am in Idaho this weekend.

andrea...thanks for the info about the spray. Where can you find it?

boy have I had a busy week and it isn't over yet. The Dr. put me on stronger pain pills and yay! They are working much better! We had our dgs on Wednesday and today I had Women's Minsitry meetings. I leave Friday for Idaho with a friend and will be back on Monday. Almost done with the mini. Hoping to get it finished tomorrow.

If I don't get back here before I leave everyone have a wonderful weekend.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to AuntJo

yooo hoooo where did everyone go?

Had a wonderful weekend away with friends. I also have a new post on my blog with my remodel contest!
This week will be hectic with dental appts. quilting with friends, cookies to bake for the Easter Play on Thursday night. I also need to finish that mini before Thursday too!! I have also had a lady in town approach me about getting involved with her and Tumbleweed productions...making scrapbooks and home decor items to sell at the home shows. hmmmm.....?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to AuntJo

Hey ladies,
Becky glad you had a great time this weekend! how are the new meds working out?

Great new pages everyone!

I've been super busy getting started at Archivers, lot of training but I definitely am enjoying it! Especially the discount. But we had an employee training class on sunday night, we all took the newest class that is going to be offered and got to play around for free-it was a great way to get to know everyone a bit more. Working the late night crop nights are giong to be hard at first though, but I assume they'll get better.

AuntJo
AuntJo 
Queen
AuntJo
In response to MrsAnnieS

Annie...how much fun!! What was the newest class about? I'm sure in time your body will adjust to some late night crops. How many do you have to do a week? I actually got to go to an Archivers over the weekend! I just love that store and wish we could get something like that here....whine, whine. The new meds are working much better. Grant it still in pain off and on, but the new meds broke the cycle of constant pain. At least I can go 12 hours between pills and have had a day or two that I didn't need them. Yay!
Almost done with that mini. Busted it out. Just have to add ribbons and the front and back covers and it's done! Woo Hoo! Now I can find some time for my stuff. I am postponing my quilting day til next week so I can finish up. And then I should have that quilt I started a year ago done! Doing the happy dance.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to AuntJo

Wow Becky, it sounds like you've been super productive lately! I can't wait to see the new mini. I just finished one also, the cover is in my gallery but I do have the entire thing on my blog.

That's so good to hear about the new meds, it must be nice a nice change, fingers crossed they keep working so well.

The new class is a color technique using tombow markers as water colors on stamped images, very fun and super easy. I plan to turn my images into mother's day cards so I will post them sometime soon!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Hello, ladies. I know it's been a long time since I checked in but I haven't been feeling great. My aunt passed away in early March and since then I have just been so tired and sad. I haven't scrapped in all this time, until yesterday. I finally got one page put together. I have been feeling a little better these last couple of days so I hope I am getting back to normal. I've missed stopping by to see how you all are.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to forevervampress

Celina I am sorry to hear about your aunt, but I am glad you are feeling a bit better, hang in there lady!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thanks, Annie. It's a slow process but I know it will get better with time. I just need to get into my scraproom more. I think it will help.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee
In response to forevervampress

Celina I'm SO sorry to hear about your aunt! I hope you can get some therapy in by scrapping.
(Hugs)

I'm just dropping this off. I was able to see my aunt, uncle, and 2 of my many cousins yesterday. They live 8 hours away in southern CA, so it was great to see them!
California Coast By DreaSlee

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics