Page 4 of 342 
Username Post: Deliciously Distressed Divas COF CLOSED/ACTIVE!        (Topic#1533261)
MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to krissyclarkmckee

Aww congratulations on your DD's graduation-that's such a great accomplishment! I certainly hope the rest of her studies go smoothly!

As for your camera, I would recommend a zoom lens first for sure-it is the one that would probably get used the most. Sadly I don't think I've seen one for much less than a grand-but my bil is a big camera guy he might have some recommendations-could check with him if you'd like!

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee
In response to MrsAnnieS

Yes, if it's not too much trouble and your BIL has advice to offer!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

No trouble at all! Will let you know what I hear back

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to MrsAnnieS

I am camera illiterate, so no help there! I have a Canon Powershot 590. It works for me!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

• krissyclarkmckee Said:
Celina, I live in Houston, Texas - but if your hubby is in the military then you probably don't live near me.

Nope, I live in Copperas Cove right outside the Fort Hood military base. Too bad you're not just a bit closer.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to dancinirish90

• dancinirish90 Said:
Krissy, I'm also afraid of Stazon! LOL. Permanence frightens me I guess -- a fear of commitment

I like using masks with ink and a blending tool best -- for some reason, I don't get a consistently good image when I use a spray.

Okay - so bonehead move of the day award. Last night I was pushing my glasses up onto my head so that I could see better to cut -- and yes, do you see where this is going? -- I had scissors in my hand.... I cut a clump of my hair! I FREAKED out when I thought it was worse than it was, but luckily it's not noticeable. LOL - what a dope!

OMG! You are lucky you didn't poke an eye! lol! I've caught myself doing that before and I always think how dumb I am yet I keep forgeting I have them in my hand!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

• krissyclarkmckee Said:
So sorry I'm just catching up and doing a little monologue here. Here are three layouts I did at my crop yesterday (well, two were done at my crop and one was finished after I got home). Almost all of my layouts these days are being done for the AGC daily challenges - I am obsessed with that forum right now, I think because the different challenges keep me out of a rut and I'm just competitive enough that I like the point system.

Baby Cakes By Krissyclarkmckee

Bluebonnets By Krissyclarkmckee

John Wesley Windham By Krissyclarkmckee

Seriously, if there is anything you think I could do better or different, I would love to hear it. It's always nice to have sweet comments but I'm all for improvement, too!!!

Krissy, these are beautiful! I especially like the Baby Cakes layout; so cute!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to forevervampress

So I've got three project going on right now! Two layouts plus a canvas project I am making for my grandmother for mother's day. Plus I am trying to think up a topic for next month's The Darker Side Challenge, which I would like to complete a layout for before the 30th. Ugh! I feel like I have scrapper's block or scrapper's overload!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Whew, finally done with DT work for this month. I can breathe for a few days, before the dance begins yet again, LOL

I put up a sneak peek of the work I did for my kit club on my blog: http://byondbzr.blogspot.com/2010/04/sneak-peak.html

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90
In response to byondbzr

Krissy - I'm no help with Canon, but I will tell you that I'm going to be getting a lens for my Nikon soon. I decided on a 70-300 (I can't remember the f/ right now) because it'll be better than what I have for wildlife shots, and it's only about $500-600. (The one I really wanted is an 80-400 -- but it's $1900. Not exactly in my budget right now!) I learned that digital focal length is 1.5x the focal length of comparable film lenses -- so the 70-300 is like having a 450mm lens on a film camera. My old film Minolta only had a 200mm lens so I figure I'm already going to be able to get better shots than I did with that camera. I hope anyway. The other lens I have for my Nikon is an 18-135. I'm hoping that between the two, I should be able to do most of what I would want.

I was watching Roswell -- just finished the last episode of the series. It was on originally from 1999-2002.

I just finished one of my calendar LO's for 2007. Nothing exciting. And now, I'm working on my LO for the 2page sketch challenge. I haven't gotten farther than picking out what pics to use and the paper so far. Anyway, just some of those 'functional' LO's I was talking about before.

Celina -- I'm so sorry that I didn't get something done for the Darker Side challenge. I have pics for it - they just aren't printed, and I don't feel 'ready' to do them yet. I'm really glad you are going to host again next month!

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Lisa, don't worry about not being able to join this month. The challenge is so new that I wasn't expecting too many to join. I hope it will pick up speed though. Whenever you're ready to use those pictures though, the challenge is here.

DreaSlee
Queen
DreaSlee

Good morning girls! I wish I could share my cake with you. It came out yummy but now I don't want it. I'm suppose to be on a diet so I was bad last night.DH hates cake so the rest will have to be for my son and his friends. Rebecca I just checked out your blog. I'm very intrigued by the seed packets. I didn't get anything done yesterday so I should do something today. I haven't had any sales or traffic in my shop so maybe I should do a LO with one of my embellies?

krissyclarkmckee
Diva
krissyclarkmckee

Lisa, I'm hoping to stay right in that range. I know that you can buy lenses from different manufacturers but I need to read up more on those because some can be pretty hit or miss from what I understand. What I should do is call my step-dad and ask him because he is a HUGE photography buff, but he will talk my ear off about photography for at least an hour and at some point I will just stop retaining whatever he tells me - and there's no way to cut him short without upsetting him. *sigh*

Celina - I really want to try your challenge, too, but this just wasn't the month for it. I was definitely interested after reading your objective in your forum!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS

I really wanted to do the darker side challenge-and I think I have an idea for pictures, just need to get them printed. So hopefully next month I can get in on it! I am liking what I am seeing this month though!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Andrea- I think using your embellies on your pages and then including your etsy link would definitely get some traffic to your site. Could you share the link here for us too? I wanna see!

OK, I am allowed to say what they are, the owner of the kit club spilled it earlier this month. The kit makes 6 garden stakes using Cosmo's Garden Variety collection. I think they are cute, which really isn't my fave style, but I still did my distressing, LOL. I'll share them here on the first of the month.

Edited by byondbzr on 04-27-10 11:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca, can't wait to see them. I really like these Cosmo Cricket papers! Well inspiration has struck so I completed the two layouts and mom's day project AND I figured out a topic for next month's challenge! My best friend is also coming over for NSD to participate with me here at sb.com then we're having Mai Tais! So feeling pretty darn good at the moment! lol!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

Ooohh -- I love Mai Tais!! Sounds fun! My best friend was supposed to come over for NSBD -- I made her promise last year -- but now she has a first communion to go to that day. I'll be here all day though.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Lisa - I love Mai Tais, too! Me and my friend barely tried them a couple of weeks ago and now its our favorite fruity drink! This NSD will be our first, so I am a bit nervous because I don't know what to expect. But I know it will be lots of fun!

dancinirish90
Angel
dancinirish90

It is fun! Last year was my first -- there was a new challenge every hour, plus the all day LO challenge. I think I did all but one. Some of the hours, I felt frantic, then others were more laid back. I'm excited to see what they have planned this year.

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress

Sounds like so much fun! Can't wait! Well I am turning in for the night. I will see you ladies tomorrow! Good night.

Page 4 of 342 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics