Username Post: New at all this..        (Topic#1533423)
ginab1989
New Kid On the Block
ginab1989

Hi everyone, i am very new to all of this.

I have bought a scrapbook and loadsss of materials and things..but what glue should i use and things? I want to start making my first scrapbook for my boyfriend showing our year together, possibly a double spread page for each month and then stick in tickets etc of places we've been to and photos of us. If anyone has or knows anyone that does things like this, please let me know!

I just dont really know where to start! xxx

Darkflame_30
Expert
Darkflame_30
In response to ginab1989

there's lots of different adhesives....pop dots, glue, glue pens, vellum adhesive, roller tape, photo corners, etc....

Depends on what you find works best for you I guess....i love glue sticks and roller tape, but definitely recommend the vellum adhesive for the vellum, i figured that out the hard way....

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to Darkflame_30

I just started and I have tried a few different adhesives. I have been very disappointed in a couple.
I just got a two way Zig glue pen that I really like. You can use it as a permanent adhesive or a repositionable.

cupcakegirl
Tenant
cupcakegirl
In response to ginab1989

I definitely recommend Zip Dry glue! It's the only glue I use. And also for photos I always use the second item I recommended. It's really easy to use, and it's good to put on corners of anything so it doesn't flip up or bend. The one I mentioned below looks similar to what I use, but they're pretty much little sticky squares you can put on the corners of photo, or pretty much anything that has a corner you don't want sticking up. These are the only adhesives I use. =)
Products Referenced in This Post:

brandiey1
Idol
brandiey1
In response to MissaOnTheRun

I've recently switched over to Glue Arts Glue Glider... Glue Dots work great for me as well... and I still love my Hermafix Dots and Hermafix Tabs...

leslief
Idol
leslief
In response to ginab1989

I use Zip-Dry and Glue Dots (I bought a muti-size bundle with a 40% off coupon) These have lasted me almost a year.

Scrap2K
Pro
Scrap2K
In response to leslief

One of my fave glues is Aleene's Tacky Glue. But, since it is a thick glue you want to spread it very evenly & thinly with a sponge brush. That way the paper doesn't warp from the wetness. If that makes sense. Anyway, it also works great on heavy embellishments like buttons, metal pieces, chipboard pieces, etc. Just make sure to allow dry time like overnight if possible. Hope that helps! Good luck, Elizabeth

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics