Username Post: Dry Embossing        (Topic#1533463)
HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Ok so I have several embossing folders and borders for the Cuttlebug and yes the dry embossing looks nice, but what can I do to add a splash of color? I tried using a inking block, but it leaves a little streaking..is there a way to do this technique without the streaking or is there markers I can use? Thanks in advance.....

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to HisGEM

This is not ink, but you could use Coredinations cardstock that has a colored core. Dry emboss it, than lightly sand the raised areas to reveal the core colors.

Edited by dotfree on 04-27-10 04:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Memaoftwo
Idol
Memaoftwo
In response to dotfree

You can ink directly on the the embossing folder, it gives it a cool look(:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to HisGEM

• New2thisgame Said:
Ok so I have several embossing folders and borders for the Cuttlebug and yes the dry embossing looks nice, but what can I do to add a splash of color? I tried using a inking block, but it leaves a little streaking..is there a way to do this technique without the streaking or is there markers I can use? Thanks in advance.....

what kind of ink are you using? I do this all the time with no problems - I usually use Cat's eyes ink pads or other inks that have a raised, plush pad. You can also use a sponge or cloth to transfer the ink instead of the pad itself.

Just Because By Here Kitty

i have my eye on you By Here Kitty

Hey Chick! By Here Kitty

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Here Kitty

@Here Kitty, I used the Studio g inks that has the raised pad. The streaking wasn't that bad...maybe I swiped instead of blotted? Thanks for sharing you cards!

I will also try the core paper and adding the ink right to the folders as suggested...thanks again!

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to HisGEM

you can also add ink and a lil water to the embossing before you embossing the paper that leaves a cool effect.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Brandilynn

oh and adding dots of stickles or liquid pearls or even self adhesive pearls or bling looks pretty too!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics