Page 1 of 67 
Username Post: ~*~MAY~*~Anything Goes Challenge--BEST CHALLENGE EVER!!!        (Topic#1533487)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

MAY is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to MAY's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until MAY 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than MAY 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after MAY 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on MAY 31st at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 4 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details inculding any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for.

Note on embedding:
Hope this helps:
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~PLAYERS~*~

paid=

April C. 11/10 GOAL MET!!! 2231 pts
B2Hearts 12/12 GOAL MET!!! 4817 pts
MommaSaid 8/2 Goal Met!!! 8730 pts 20 DCs
senora_x 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 8752 pts 16 DCs
Inspired.By.Love 6/5 *Goal Met* 11608 pts 25 DC
MelissaW 15/15 GOAL MET!!! 13249 pts 21 DCs
iheartaslan 24/11 GOAL MET!!! 17830 pts 28 DCs
scrapinbabygal 31/15 GOAL MET!!! 20051 pts 26 DCs
sugarcrystalz 60/25 GOAL MET!!! 20367 pts 30 DCs
MrsAnnieS 76/15 GOAL MET!!! 24363 pts 31 DCs
amancuso 0/20
2lilbugs 6/10 2660 pts 9 DCs
GentlewoodFarms 13/15 7466 pts 9DCs
Zolyshka 23/25 14993 pts 27/31 DCs
Margy 0/25
scrapriguez 0/20
jjfer 0/15

MOTIVATIONAL

Ms.Schwiet 0/4
scrapn2 0/10
pebbles831 0/15
chefkarrie 0/15
Lamoo12 7/15 LO 3524 pts 12 DCs
Jordannichole 0/25
SwtTxt 0/10
xAlysonex 0/5
loveangelmommy
paper obsessed 0/50
creativefool 0/20

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

Each day a new challenge will be posted. These challenges can be done at your own pace unless specified in the challange. These can easily be incorporated into any card or LO. You can take +10 pts for completing the challenge on the same day it was posted.

5/1: HAPPY NSD Ladies!!! Take +10 pts for each sb.com officially hosted NSD activity you participate in today! (so +10 for each hourly challenge you complete during the hour it was posted and the daily challenge.)

5/2: Set up your daily challenges blog and siggy today for +100 pts!

5/3: use only patterned paper on a LO 150 pts, on a card 100 pts

5/4: use 3 or more different shapes (square, circle, etc and can be paper, punch, sticker, etc.) 150 pts for LO, 100 pts for card

5/5: use a monogram. on a LO 100 pts, on a card 60 pts

a monogram is a large letter. Its usually by itself. If there are other letters in that word, they are significantly smaller. i hope this helps!

5/6: Today is "No Diet Day." Do something related to food. 150 for LO, 100 for card

5/7: use your LEAST favorite embellishment that you own. tell us what it is and why you don't prefer it. 150 points

5/8: use at least 25% solid white paper. 125 points

5/9: Happy Mother's Day. Take 300 points for being alive.

please wait until sunday to take the points.

5/10: Today is clean up your room day! Today, your challenge is to post a before photo of your scrap space, and then an after photo, once you've cleaned it up! Take 300 points for completing this one today. If you don't complete it today, it is only worth 200 points.

5/11: Use an embellishment you made yourself (flower, button, etc.) on your page for 125 points. Use it on a card for 70 points.

5/12: Use this sketch to make a page.

150 points

5/13: With May being national photo month, I challenge you to put at least 4 photos on a single page layout, or 8 photos on a double-page layout. There is no card option for today. 130 points.

5/14:
I am always so happy to see the weekend! And today is payday for me as well... which means I can do a little shopping, if I please. Your challenge today is to find 5 items in the Scrapbook.com store you would order, put those products in a post on the thread and, since I only buy what I need/have plans for, tell us what upcoming page/item you would use them on. 150 points

5/15: My in-laws are taking the kids for the night tonight, leaving DH and I a whole 24 hours alone! If you had the next 24 hours to do whatever you want, with our without your significant other, what would you do with your day? Post a new blog entry giving us the details and take 110 points when you post your blog link here!

5/16: Sorry! I overslept this morning! Take 100 points if you eat breakfast today.

5/17: Use a flourish (sticker, stamp, one you cut out, die cut, etc.) on a LO for 100 points, use one on a card for 50 points

5/18: Use a question as your title on a LO for 100 points. examples: Where are we? What is that? you get the drift

5/19: Use some questionable paper on you LO for 100 points. By "questionable" I mean paper that you bought and now you aren't quite sure if you like it. Maybe the colors is a little odd or the print is kind of funky, hope that makes sense

5/20: Catch up on comments today. Take double points for the comments you leave TODAY ONLY, for a max of 200 points. If you want to do it another day, take an extra point per comment, for a max of 100 points.

5/21: Use your favorite color on at least 50% of a LO for 125 points. Don't forget to tell us what color is your favorite when you post your LO.

5/22: Use an overlay or transparency on your LO for +100 pts.

5/23: Use 3 colors of paint or stickles (or a combo of both) on your LO for +125 pts or a card for +75 pts.

5/24: Do a journal heavy layout (obviously, no card today)and it can't be hidden journaling. All of the journaling has to be seen on the page. You need at least 150 words. Double the points for the 150 words, then follow the points list for anything over 150. So 200 words would be 350 points. 250 words would be 400 points. 25 points for every 50 words over 400 points.

5/25: Take 100 pts if you upload a LO today. Take 90 pts if you upload a LO tomorrow. Take 80 pts if you upload a LO on Thursday etc... Only take pts for 1 day though. So for example. If you don't upload a LO until Friday, then you would take 70 pts. But if you upload a LO today, then you won't take any more points.

5/26: It seems like a lot of people are having issues this week that are making them mad! It's very therapeutic to do a LO about stuff that makes you mad. Do a LO about the things that make you mad. To qualify for the points you don't need pictures of things that make you mad, just as long as the journaling says what makes you mad. 150 pts

5/27: Use your favorite tool on a LO (no card please) today for 90 points. Tell us what tool you used.

5/28: I've been feeling pretty down lately, so use a happy face OR a sad face on a LO (no card) for 50 points. If you use both a happy AND a sad face on a LO for 100 pts

5/29: I honestly believe that my daddy is one of the best guys in the world! Use a picture of a father on your page. Your dad, grand dad, your kid's dad. etc. 130 pts

5/30: I love traveling Use a picture that was taken somewhere outside of your home 130 pts

5/31: Personally invite 3 friends to join the June Anything Goes Challenge for +200 pts. If you join the June AGC (or have already joined), then take an additional +50 pts!

Edited by iheartaslan on 05-31-10 08:15 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~WEEKLY CHALLENGES~*~

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

5/24-5/30

Pictures These are really random. The last 4 are whatever you want them to be, as long as they are connected to whatever I said! (62 pts each)
Something in the shape of something else (leaf in the shape of a heart etc. It has to be a noticeable shape, and it has to be something you found. You can't break a leaf to make it look like a heart)

The average household size is 2.59 people. Show me what .59 of a person is.

triadic color scheme

11:02

Prevent

Weekly
Break stereotypes this week. If you normally scrap girls (daughters, girl furbabies etc) use them on a boy page. Use blues, stars, trains etc. No girly stuff allowed. Same thing for a boy. If you normally scrap boys (hubbies, son, boy furbabies) use them on a girl page. Use pink, flowers etc. No boy stuff allowed. Your LAYOUT (no card) has to be obvious that it's a boy or girl page. Go all out 350 pts

Weekly Challenge 5/17 ~ 5/23

I love negative space LOs, so this week our challenge will be to do a negative space LO that incorporates THREE of the items from the list below. 300 points

polka dots
doodling
paint
felt
kraft paper
stamping
a heart
brads
scallops
stitching

Weekly Pictures 5/17 ~ 5/23

I am so excited for summer to finally arrive! With that in mind, take FOUR pictures of things or activities that really mean "summer" to you. 50 points per picture, 200 points for all FOUR.

5/10/10~5/16/10

5/10 Weekly Photos:
A garden (40 points)
A flower (50 points)
A seed (50 points)
Dirt (40 points)
Water (40 points)
Light (30 points)

5/10 Weekly Challenge:
Since I'm on a count down to the end of the school year, let's have some fun with a count down page this week! Make a page with the following:

10 buttons
9 stitches
8 brads
7 flowers
6 stickers
5 papers
4 rub ons
3 coloration items (ink, stickles, glimmer mist, pen, chalk, etc.)
2 photos
1 journaling block

Use the following items, no more, no less, for 350 points. If you add anything in addition to the list, this challenge is only worth 150 points.

OK, so here is what I meant by the no less, no more rule.

- You cannot use any other embellishments than what's listed.

- You can, however, use punches and die cuts on your paper, so as long as you make the die cuts yourself or punch yourself, it is fine. If you bought your cardstock or patterned paper and it already came die cut, that is OK, too, but it has to be cardstock or patterned paper and not a die cut embellishment. Does that make sense?

5/3/10~5/9/10

weekly: make a monotone LO with 4+ papers. one of them has to be a patterned paper. this is for 300 pts. an extra 50 points if your pic coordinates (ex: green LO with a pic of something on grass)

pic challenge: 50 pts ea
fun
home
hard
new
chore

5/1/10~5/2/10
Weekly picture challenge:
Take 3 pics that are related to the weather. MUST have 3 pictures and the 3 pics are worth +200 pts.

Edited by iheartaslan on 05-24-10 12:42 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~

5/1/2010~5/31/2010

There is an awesome resource on sb.com that I just discovered in the last week. It is the scrap by color tool. If you have never used this, I will give a quick tutorial. You have 2 ways of choosing a main color for your page. You can either choose from the color wheel and pick any color you want or you can upload a picture or pictures and the colors are analyzed and then the main colors found in your picture(s) are displayed on the screen. Then you can choose the main color you want to use based on the colors that are in your picture.

For this month's challenge you are going to have the opportunity to use both of the options to choose a main color for your 5 LOs. At least 3 of these LOs must be done by uploading a photo and getting the colors that are in the photo and using them. One LO must be a color that you choose yourself. The 5th LO can be either the photo color analyzer or a color you choose on your own. And if you look at the top right hand side of the scrap by color page you will see 5 differnent ways of using the color wheel: Monochrome, Complementary, Triadic, Analogous, and Split Complementary. If you click on each of these after you have chosen your main color, it will show the other colors that are monochrome, complementary, analogous, etc. For the monthly challenge you are to make one LO using each of the 5 options available on the top right side of the scrap by color page. You are going to get your colors by uploading a minimum of 3 different pictures or sets of pictures for your LOs, 1 color you choose yourself, and 1 that can be either your choice or based on the photo analysis.

This is an example of 2 photos uploaded and complementary color scheme:
Scrap by Color Example #1 for the May AGC By Iheartaslan

Here is another example of 1 photo uploaded and an analogous color scheme:
Scrap by Color Example #2 for May AGC By Iheartaslan

Here is an example of using the color wheel to choose your main color and the color scheme of triadic:
Scrap by Color Example #3 for May AGC By Iheartaslan

Here is an example of uploading a photo, choosing a main color and choosing the color scheme, Split Complementary:
Scrap by Color Example #4 for May AGC By Iheartaslan

Here is an example of using a B&W pic for the main color and a monochromatic color scheme:
Scrap by Color Example #5 for May AGC By Iheartaslan

When you complete all 5 LOs please post all 5 LOs together in one post and label which color scheme each LO used, then take +950 pts for completing the May Monthly Challenge!

N.B. There is a video tutorial that you can find on the Scrap by Color page (see link in 1st paragraph) because I don't think I did that great of a job explaining how to use the scrap by color tool. Though the tool is pretty self-explanatory and user friendly. Also PLEASE ask any questions you have, chances are someone else had the same or a similar question.

Edited by iheartaslan on 05-03-10 11:04 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in by the 5th of MAY take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of MAY take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of MAY (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~

LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal clips.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER 3D flower
- PER color of glimmer mist or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER type of distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- PER chipboard or grungeboard shape (NOT letters or numbers!)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using glossy accents or crackle accents
- for creating a LO for a challenge on sb.com that your LO was created for (must tell what challenge(s) it was created for)
- for using paint or stickles
- for having a ONE (1) word title with no subtitle
- for using die cut shapes (not letters/numbers!)
- for using a punch
- for using embossing (wet or dry)
- for using stamps
- for using flocked, foam, or vinyl
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for doodling
- for using the following themes: flowers, children/pets, changes in life (like graduation!)
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER altered item created
- PER mask used
- for using transparencies or overlays on your card or LO
- for using 5+ shape stickers on your LO (“shape” meaning any stickers except letter stickers)
- for machine sewing
- for using scraps
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com OR using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR about ONE month old (taken during the previous or current month)
- PER black & white, sepia toned, OR colored pic

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics
- for picture older than 10 years old

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 3 times per day!)

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 350 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
MAY
1-2 iheartaslan
3-9 Lamoo12
10-16 MelissaW
17-23 2lilbugs
24-30 paper obsessed
31 iheartaslan

MONTHLY:

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to Megan Ann

I would like to play along this month... just motivational for me this month please! My layout goal is 25 layouts... national scrapbooking day is in may so I'll get some layouts done then!

Edited by Jordannichole on 04-28-10 03:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Jordannichole

Count me in! I'll stick with a goal of 15 layouts, since that seems to be the challenge for me.

Also, I love doing challenges for a week so count me in for that too!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to MelissaW

I'm in. My goal will be 15 again.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to JayAndXansMom

hi! i'd like to do motivational again with a target of 15 LOs. and i am available for a week of challenges if you need someone.

chefkarrie
Resident
chefkarrie
In response to Lamoo12

Hi,
I've never done this sort of challenge, but I'm intrigued. I would like to participate for motivational for this round. I will finish 15 layouts this month. that's sort of lofty for me!!

jjfer
jjfer 
Queen
jjfer
  • jjfer on 04-28-10 05:06 AM
In response to chefkarrie

I'm in! It's been a while since I've played and I really need some inspiration to get scrapping again.

I'll set my goal at 15 pages. Can't wait to get started!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to jjfer

Count me in! I've already got my money in the envelope!...

goal=2

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to MommaSaid

Ok. I'd like to try this - but just "motivational" for this first time so I can figure out how to play.

I'm going to set a small "start" goal and see how that goes. So put me in the 10 LO category please. :-)

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Oh, what the heck. I'm sending in my money via Pay Pal. Add me to the points part of it. :-)

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Megan Ann

• iheartaslan Said:
If you get your money in by the 5th of APRIL take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of APRIL take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of APRIL (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~

I assume that the dates should be MAY dates since the post date was April 28? ;-)

scrapinbabygal
Queen
scrapinbabygal

Hey I am here!!

For right now put me down motivational please

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
  • iheartaslan Said:
If you get your money in by the 5th of APRIL take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of APRIL take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of APRIL (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~

I assume that the dates should be MAY dates since the post date was April 28? ;-)

yep. Definately should be May dates...going to fix that now. I guess that is what happens when I try to post the challenge in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep

creativefool
Resident
creativefool
In response to Megan Ann

I would like to play as well and I will set my goal at 20.

Page 1 of 67 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics