Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Glimmer or smooch?        (Topic#1533553)
Katlady
Veteran
Katlady

Hi Everyone - I had a plan to buy some Glimmer Mist on Saturday, hoping for a good deal here on Sbing. Last night I watched a video about Smooch. My questions are What is the difference, do they do the same thing, which is better and why a $2.00 price difference? Are these things available in M, J, or LSS? I haven't seen them.

Thanks for your help

Kathy

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Katlady

I haven't actually used smooch, but I do know that the glimmer mist bottle is bigger and has more in it (hence the added cost), and has a wider range of colors. Its often on sale at J's online, for no more than $5 or so.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Tina scraps

I had about 5 smooch's...used maybe once or twice...didn't like them and sold them.

I have almost 30 bottles of glimmer mist and I love them and want more more more!!!

Glimmer mist is by far a larger bottle. IMO (yes, my opinion), I think there is a whole lot more glimmer and sparkle in the glimmer mist. It's a whole lot easier to cover large areas (the smooch applicator is smaller than a fingernail polish brush). The glimmer mist comes in a whole lot more shades. I love glimmer mist...love it!! Can you tell...I love it?? LOL I've also been able to buy every bottle of glimmer mist for around $4...just shop around. As Tina said, J's often has 40% off sales and you can get it for $4.13.

nicy 
Tenant
  • nicy on 04-29-10 03:40 AM
In response to Tina scraps

Smooch is pretty and expensive. I'm not falling into that trap. I tried some and was not impressed. I have a less expensive idea. Get some acrylic paint from Walmart for about a dollar a bottle. Sometimes on sale for 25 cents a bottle. Then use a small paint brush. Same effect and cheaper. The Smooch bottles are exotic and pretty--makes you want them.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to nicy

Are you talking about smooch inks, or the smooch spritz? The smooch spritz would be a better comparison...apples to apples and all.

Spritz is a much finer spritz and I have never had a droplet ended up on my project using this product. That said, it is a tiny bottle and doesn't go very far for the price. Both have great shimmer, but.....glimmer mist, way more colors.

You need to think about what type of projects you will be spritzing. How heavy of a coverage you are going to want. Glimmer mist's colors are fairly shear and don't always cover chipboard as well, but give a beautiful sheen to papers.

Well, hope that helps.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Nancy Keslin

I like the smooch spritz waaaaay more than glimmer mist. It sprays more evenly and you get more color and glitter from every spray. It also seems to have less water in it. Whenever I use glimmer mist it is so wet that it crinkles my paper but smooch spritz is not like that at all. That being said, the smooch spritz container is a lot smaller than glimmer mist and glimmer mist does come in a wider range of colors.

S.Baker
Idol
S.Baker
In response to kariyava

I agree with Kariyava, I have both and I actually use the smooch way more than tatter a. and I do think the colors are more vibrant and you do cover more, but what the heck buy both and be your own judge.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to S.Baker

Great topic! I've wondered the same thing. I don't like how the glimmer makes my pages crinkle up and is hard to see.. I guess I'll have to check out this smootch to see if I like it.

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to Katlady

I have the smooch spritz and the glimmer mist as well and I agree with the ladies who posted on her earlier!!! Smooch spritz in my opinion is a bold color and the shimmer glittery shine when I use it to make cards and the glimmer mist has a glittery shine but it is subtle in direct light!!! That's how I see it on my projects but I do agree that glimmer mist carries more colors than smooch spritz I have all 20 colors of the smooch spritz and 20 glimmer mist so glimmer mist $6.95 per bottle or smooch spritz for $4.99 a glass container your choice but they vary depending on what you are using it for and what project you plan to use it on!!! Below are the items I have in my collection! My two cents!!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

CJSBABYCAKES
Veteran
CJSBABYCAKES
In response to Thaiti30

I've actually made my own misters with reinkers, water, and cheap glimmery mineral eyeshadow

Thaiti30
Expert
Thaiti30
In response to CJSBABYCAKES

That's cool!!! Way to think outside the box!!!!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Thaiti30

I also make my own misters with reinkers, rubbing alcohol, and CTMH pearl paint. The alcohol dries faster than water, my paper doesn't crinkle, and the paint leaves a great sheen. Never thought about eyeshadow...

Tuki
Tuki 
Diva
Tuki
  • Tuki on 05-04-10 10:56 AM
In response to traceyjean

I just recently bought some bottles of Glimmer Mist and I am in love. It adds just the right amount of shimmer to my flowers or whatever needs a little sparkle! Good luck!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Tuki

I use and love Glimmer Mist, Smooch Spritz and Smooch. I depends on the application.

I can't hardly do a layout without misting SOMETHING! (Sometimes, almost everything!!)

GM isn't a CHEAP product, but it goes a long way. It is great on paper and chipboard, as well as fabric and lace!

Smooch Spritz is great for Grungepaper and board, acrylic and metal and paper. The same with Smooch.

Snazzyart
Expert
Snazzyart
In response to Thaiti30

Hi, I found your information about the Smooch, Glimmer very interesting, I was considering which one to get and you really help out as to selection.

Another thing I would like to ask you is about the Birthverse, I am a christian and it is the first time I here of it. Can you PM me the info. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again

njbeachgirl
Expert
njbeachgirl
In response to Snazzyart

I bought Tattered Angels and it was a disappointment. It just made my paper wet, nothing special. I wanted to like too. Anyway, what is smooch good for?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to njbeachgirl

• njbeachgirl Said:
I bought Tattered Angels and it was a disappointment. It just made my paper wet, nothing special. I wanted to like too. Anyway, what is smooch good for?

Have you watched the tutorials on Glimmer Mist? what color did you get? did you try it with masks or anything fun?

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to Here Kitty

What do you mean it just made your paper wet - did you shake it side to side? Was there no color or sparkle?

Don't give up on it just yet...watch some videos on it like kitty said. There are so many things you can do with glimmer mists.

mchiusano
New Kid On the Block
mchiusano
In response to tinacome

I love the glimmer mist,... especially to use on flowers. But, I have just purchased a couple of the smooch. I just haven't had an opportunity to try them yet.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to mchiusano

I have both Smooch Spritz and GM. I find the main difference is the Smooch looks more metallic, and the Glimmer mist does what it says, adds glimmer. Since I have gotten Glimmer Mists, not a project has passed my scrap table without some mist on it. LOVE it! I like both products but have more GM as I feel it takes my money farther. Happy Spritzing!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics