Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

you have every reason to be proud, he sounds brilliant

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to CherylfromOz

Thanks Oz, we are very proud of him, and he is such a good young man.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to joy2crop

Oz, any exciting plans today?

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

sounds like all your kids and gk's are wonderful people Joy, you did something right

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz

No, nothing exciting this weekend, still purging, it is going slow

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

I was going to ask how the purging is going, it does seem to take along time to do all that, plus you have alot of rooms you are doing. It takes me forever and I don't have nearly the size of house you do.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

• CherylfromOz Said:
sounds like all your kids and gk's are wonderful people Joy, you did something right

Awww thank you so much Oz, I think they are great kids and wonderful GK's, course the GK's have a ways to go before they are adults so one never knows how they will actually end up. LOL!

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to joy2crop

I still need to get my kitchen cabinets painted, I keep working at my Mom's so much haven't had the time to finish them, hopefully next week I can start on them again.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

you are always so busy helping someone, how is your brother, I often think of him, sorry I forget to ask

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to joy2crop

Well Oz it is almost 12:30 a.m. so think I might go to bed and watch a little T.V., then try to get some sleep. Night, talk to you tomorrow.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

Night Joy, sleep well

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

Good morning owls

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to uoduck

Good morning!

Can't wait to hear how surprised everyone is today!!!! Who do the ducks play? I will be busy cheering tonight for my Huskers! I hope they bring their A+ game!!!!

Yea for your Grandson Joy!!! Oz--I need some purging done...you want to come over?

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to ScrappinHusker

Morning Everyone.

Debbie, good luck with your Huskers!

Val, I can't wait to hear about the party and how surprised everyone will be, I'm so glad you decided to go what an awesome thing you are doing.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to uoduck

Good Morning Girlies!! I am up, I have coffee, the girls are fed and life is good...lol. Well, other than the weather it is. It is only 30* here this morning. Thank goodness I got the family here Thursday and got the water to the sprinklers shut off and the swamper out of the window. I had to turn the heat on yesterday even. They are saying we are supposed to get a rain/snow mix today. I hope not. I wanted to take DD and the GK's to Golden Corral this afternoon but I don't drive in bad weather. Yea, I like the Golden Corral, plus it's the only place I can afford to feed that crew. You can't beat all you can eat with teenage boys...lol. And the food is good so that is a bonus. My arthritis has been on fire the last couple of days with this cold. I am not moving around very well. I am hoping to get some relief soon. The high today is only supposed to be 39* but it's supposed to warm back up into the 50's and 60's the rest of the week.

I have been a shopping fool this last couple of weeks. I ordered a bunch of stuff online and then I went up to Tuesday Morning and cleaned them out of paper and cardstock. Hey, you can't beat a pack of 25 sheets of 12 x 12 cardstock for $1.99. Plus I got some cute stacks for I think $4.99. I spent about $60 and came home with almost a foot of paper. Add to that the almost 8" I had ordered from Scrapbucks and the stacks I got at M's and I shouldn't have to ever buy paper again...lol. Plus I got a jukebox for my Cricut finally and it came with 2 cartridges. Straight from the nest and Paisley. I already have paisley so I am giving this one to Manila. PLUS, I ordered a bunch of carts. Lets see, Create a Critter 1 & 2, A Frightful Affair, Everyday pop up Cards, TBBM2, Wild Card 2, All Sports, CM's Be Young and CTMH Artiste. I got 10 all together plus the one I am giving Manila.

I got my CTMH order yesterday and I am thrilled with it. I am really glad I ordered another stamp case to hold my stamps because I think I ended up with 10 sets between what I ordered, the Artiste sets, one set in a workshop and the specials and SOTM. My other case is already packed full and this one is close already...lol. Manila is coming over Monday to bring my order from her and pick up her stuff that she ordered. THANKS SIOBHAN!!

OH, I found a housekeeper. Or at least someone to help me dig out from under this mess. She is a friend of my GS and she used to clean at the Broadmoor. I know how picky they are so I think she will be a big help. I hope so. She is willing to do whatever I need done, from washing walls & windows, to dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing toilets and yard work. For $10 an hour. My DD knows her too and really likes her so it won't be like having a complete stranger in my house cleaning. I was kind of nervous about that aspect of it. I might have to pick her up since she doesn't have a car right now, but she is going to start Thursday around noon. I told her at least 4 hours a day to start and I want her at least once a week until this house is under control. She isn't working right now so I know she can use the money.

She will be one I can pretty much call anytime if I have a project going and need help. I am thrilled that I will finally have some fairly steady help. You don't know how frustrating it is to be working on something and get to a point that I can't finish it because I can't move the furniture, or it's too high or low for me to get at etc... and then I have to wait for someone to come over and beg them to do it for me. I hate that!!

I am starting a list of what I want to get done this week. I really need to get the kitchen shelves organized in my craft room. I have a bunch of stuff to put on them but I can't get up on a ladder to clean them off first. I can use my reacher thingy once they are arranged right. Plus there is some stuff on them that goes to my desk so that needs to come down and be put in the spare room. Ahhh, the spare room. That is a disaster but it is going to wait for another week to get started. Mainly this week I want to do those shelves and concentrate on in general cleaning. Dusting, vacuuming, the bathroom and then the kitchen floor. The dust bunnies are getting ready to attack so mainly dusting and vacuuming all the rooms. I myself need to do a big pick up clean up before she even starts. I have craft ******** everywhere...lol. I don't want her to spend her time here asking me where things go.

I am really hoping to have my house all cleaned and organized by Thanksgiving. I want to have my bedrooms set up and ready for kids home from college etc... It's been getting away from me again and I can't stand it. As much as I like to think I can do it all I have to realize I need help. I just can't stand long enough to do it all any more and it's pretty hard to keep it all up sitting down. I told my oldest GS the other day that I am 56 years old and I am tired of spending every day working on my house just trying to keep it cleaned and failing miserably at it to boot. I have a fully stocked and then some craft room that I would like to spend some time in a couple days a week at least. I will still have to keep it picked up, cleaned up but to have someone come in and do the actual cleaning would be heaven...lol.

OK, I am done with my novel...lol. I think I am going to watch the Air Force/Navy game here. Yep, me who doesn't do sports...lol. GO AIR FORCE!! My GS is at the game because it's mandatory for them to attend so maybe I'll see him in the stands. It's sooo cold I am sure they are all freezing at the game. I will be in and out here. You all have a great SATURDAY!!

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to PamInColorado

Wow Pam, you have been on a spending spree, good for you, I hope that this girl works out and you will be able to spend the time you want in your scrappy room playing with all the new supplies you have bought. Sounds like a great plan going out to dinner with the family and Golden Corral, I know when we take the oldest GS's out we go to buffets with them, those big boys can eat. LOL!

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to joy2crop

Joy, as much as I hate to admit it I have boxes of stuff in there I bought back in February that I haven't touched yet...lol. It is driving me crazy not having the time and energy to go in there and at least get my room put together. I am really hoping that once I get these bedrooms straightened out the way I want them and this girl coming in once or twice a month to do the cleaning I won't feel so guilty about it and can have some fun. It will still be a while before I can actually make anything and play with all my new toys because that room is such a disaster.

I want to rearrange it first so my helper will come in handy for that. Lots of stuff will have to come out of it before I can move it around too. Just boxes and junk in general...lol. I need to do some measuring and figure out how I am going to do it yet but I have some ideas if my tables will fit right. I want to put one table in the middle with my laptop and both my cutters on it, plus a printer in there somewhere, and then a couple of tables against the wall to work at too. I should be able to put the printer anywhere since it is wireless. I just have to figure out where and how to hook it up...lol. I need a printer for the print and cut on the Cameo, to print pictures etc... Plus I have a small HP picture printer too. It only does one size and it's small so it will fit somewhere. I also decided I am going to get some more Ott lights that mount under my shelves once I figure out where my tables are going to be for sure and what I will need.

I am thinking I am going to do like last time and set the room up on graph paper and make my furniture to size also and play with it. I like it the way it is now but I have no wall space behind my tables and everything falls off the other side. Plus it was too crowded . I am thinking I might give my GD the white desk I painted if I can't figure out how to fit it in. I have another big table that matches one I have in there now plus I have another craft table too that I might use. I am afraid with all this paper I just bought I may need more storage for it too. Luckily I have 2 or 3 of those sets of drawers empty so it just may fit if I put the stacks in the jetmax. Keep your fingers crossed...lol. I want to go out there so bad and start it but for now I guess I will go wash my dishes...lol.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to PamInColorado

LOL Pam, I have lots of things I have bought that I haven't touched yet either, funny how that happens, I have been trying to rethink the arrangement in my scrappy room also, I really think this counter in the U shape isn't working to well, I would rather have a table in there maybe a square one so I could cut fabric on it then maybe only do the counters on either sides of the walls just so my cricuts and cutters could all be on those, I'm still thinking what will work mine is a very small room so really will take some planning.

mickeysamiga
Governor
mickeysamiga
In response to joy2crop

Morning ladies.

Pam you have me cracking up. Remember....I bought stuff in MN that I didn't even realize I left in MN!! Now THAT'S bad!! lol So glad you were able to find someone to come in and help you out thou, that will be awesome!!

My DD & SIL are meeting w/a lady today that will be taking care of the baby once I go back to work. Actually she will be coming in 2 days a week while I am there just to get her familiar w/things. I'm thinking she will be great after just a couple of days, so that I can have a few days off myself to stay home and clean my scraproom. I really need to get things organized in there too I have boxes of stuff just tucked under the bed. I swear I couldn't even tell you what most of the stuff is. Plus I just need to start scrapbooking MORE!! I haven't scraped a single pic of my baby yet

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to mickeysamiga

• mickeysamiga Said:
Morning ladies.

Pam you have me cracking up. Remember....I bought stuff in MN that I didn't even realize I left in MN!! Now THAT'S bad!! lol So glad you were able to find someone to come in and help you out thou, that will be awesome!!

My DD & SIL are meeting w/a lady today that will be taking care of the baby once I go back to work. Actually she will be coming in 2 days a week while I am there just to get her familiar w/things. I'm thinking she will be great after just a couple of days, so that I can have a few days off myself to stay home and clean my scraproom. I really need to get things organized in there too I have boxes of stuff just tucked under the bed. I swear I couldn't even tell you what most of the stuff is. Plus I just need to start scrapbooking MORE!! I haven't scraped a single pic of my baby yet

LOL..yes, that is bad, but to be fair I will go in there to find something and find stuff I didn't even know I had bought. I even bought 2 differant stamp sets twice from Scrapbucks...lol. I gave the duplicates to Manila since they were only $3 or $4 each but still...lol. So basically I have no idea what I have in there..lol. I know there is a lot more paper in those boxes too so I am full up there. I really need to go through all this and get it more organized and packed up so when I actually get to work in there it won't be such a modge podge to unpack and put away.

And girl!! Get scrapping that baby!! I am 21 years behind on baby albums...lol. In other words they aren't getting done. I am going to scrap a lot of my favorite pictures of the kids growing up but the idea of doing 5 albums covering 21 years is out the window. I didn't even scrapbook when Devin was born...lol. I do want to do a baby page for each of them but after that, forget it!!...lol. I wish I could have started and kept it up when the first baby was born. I have a bazillion pictures to choose from so I will never run out of pages to do.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics