Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

Night Val, sleep well and don't forget to phone Hire a hubby

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to CherylfromOz

Night Val, talk to you tomorrow, hope the meetings go well.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

just going down to lock up Joy

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Hahaha Oz I was just looking at the clock to see if it was time for you to lock up.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

done, all secure

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Glad to hear you are locked in for the night. Well except to let Sammie out later.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

seems silly to me to lock up now and then when it is dark I go down and open up walk him out and then we come back in but it makes her feel better so I will do it

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

I guess until it starts staying light longer for you it will just make her feel better.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

anything to keep the kids happy I know she is just caring and I love that

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

So true Oz if it gives them a little peace of mind and then nothing wrong with it.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

I thought you would have gone to bed early tonight after having the girls last night, don't you get tired

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Yes I am getting tired but it felt good to be able just to be on the lappy and watching T.V. without someone wanting something. LOL!

I think I will head to bed, they had me up at 6 a.m. this morning.

Night Oz I will talk to you tomorrow, have a good evening.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz

dd on phone

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Ok night Oz.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

Night Joy, sleep well

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

Good Morning all

gigikay
Queen
gigikay
In response to joy2crop

Morning,
Val, hope your meetings go well!!

Oz, sounds like a perfect BDay. Plus curtains too!

Debbie, have a wonderful vacation.

Yesterday was DHs Bday. Today we are celebrating it by going to the Fair. He now has to go to his Moms house twice a day to change the bandage on her leg ulcers instead of once so I am not sure how he is going to do that with us going to the Fair all afternoon and staying to see the 8 pm show. Time will tell.

Working on the mini album this morning and doing a little house work before we go.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to gigikay

Morning Owls.

Gigi hope you and DH are able to enjoy the fair. How come DH has to change MIL's bandages she doesn't have any kind of nurse come in?

I am being super lazy this morning, didn't get out of bed until 9 a.m. but I need to go shopping and get a wedding gift and do some other errands so guess I should get moving.

gigikay
Queen
gigikay
In response to joy2crop

Morning Joy, she has a lady that comes in twice a week for 3 hours at a time. So on Tue and Fri DH has her do it the 2nd time.
Her legs never swell when she is in the hospital or Nursing home. But when she is in control of her meds and diet at home they do. She has had ulcers for 5 or 6 years because of the swelling. Her legs get twice to 3 times there size a lot. Really not kidding. So the skin and tissue just tear open. They have never healed totally. I know this because I have dealt with it for years when DH was working.

He keeps talking about in a couple months when they heal we can start traveling for weekends but I know they are never going to heal totally.

We are going to Reno later this month for DH to be honored by the Union but oldest DD is having to come stay here so she can continue the wound care. Good thing she went to nursing school LOL.
I could go on but it is what it is and she has told me so and that she was going to make sure DH takes care of Her. I do resent the fact that we waited and saved for retirement so we could enjoy traveling but I have come to some kind of peace that all the choices are not mine. Have to keep working on my attitude, I do not want it to change me.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to gigikay

Awww Gigi I think that is horrible when a parent expects their children to take care of them, I understand them not wanting to go into any facility but it just angers me that so many of the older generation feel that it is their childrens responsibility to take care of them and they are so stubborn about it and place so much guilt on the children, some cases even their spouses, I so hope that in time you and DH will be able to travel more and enjoy his retirement.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics