Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to uoduck

Yay Val, hope by getting her up early it will help to make her tired enough tonight to go to bed.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to joy2crop

Me too, she has 4 hours of dance today too so that should help. LOL

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to uoduck

Hi from the Nook!

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to jflanderbo

Hi Jann, when is the last day of the Nook?

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to joy2crop

Morning,

Val, hope this works out that she is tired tonight and can sleep.

We had a great day yesterday. 9 hours at the fair. Saw everything including Axe Women from Maine. They did axe throwing, saw cutting races and log rolling. Got a one of their Tshirts for a friend of ours who lived in Maine most of their life.

We are often to the beach city! I am so rocking this Grandma stuff. A couple years ago some of you might remember our youngest GD was still wearing her size 2 jean skirt that she loved and I found the exact same one in a size 5 that fit. She loved it and still wears it. Well, when she was here she fell in love with a skateboard that is clear and has pink wheels that light up. It has been all she has talked about. She told her Mom that was what she wanted for her Bday! She is turning 6 so her Mom of course, had to check it out ect and I finally got the go ahead to buy it. She is going to be in 7th heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heading down there to get it and have lunch at the beach. Be back this afternoon!!!

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to gigikay

Hi Gigi, woohoo for the skateboard you are so right she will love it! Have fun and glad you had such a great time at the fair yesterday.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to joy2crop

Busy here again today--even sold some fixtures! Our last day is the 20th.

Gigi--I do have your vinyl in. Will mail it as soon as I have a chance. I can never get to the post office during their open hours!

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Well I need to go pick up my Rx, bbiab.

LaraeH
LaraeH 
Expert
LaraeH
In response to joy2crop

Hi girls!! Been a loooonnng time since I checked in. I have been working a lot and spend more time on FB than I do here.

Gigi, just read the description of that rockin' skateboard. If I was younger I'd love to have that one, too!!!!

Jann, I see you are closing up the NOOK. Wish I could come up there and check out what's left for merchandise.

One of my Bestest friends is coming over next week to help me clean out/organize my scraproom. I am just not good at organizing my own 'stuff'. Her mom told her to see if there is anything that I have 2 of and to take it off my hands!! lol

WOW Over 10,000 posts on here and no glitches?! The forum has changed it's background look.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to LaraeH

Hi Larae! Nice to see you check in. I'd love to have you come check out the Nook... We might even have something to help with your organization!

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz

Morning all

I have to go get a few groceries today, do a very little housework and then I am hoping to play, have to clean up down there a bit first

Gigi that skateboard sounds fantastic

Glad all is selling at the nook Jann

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to CherylfromOz

We just got back home from a great day together and we got a phone call from DHs youngest sister. Her only daughter and her 3 year old grandson where killed in a car accident today by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Have to go over to MIL and tell her as this is her oldest GD and great grandson. Just can not do this to her over the phone.

Still in a little shock but will be back later. Prayers for the family please

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to gigikay

OMGosh Gigi, I am so very sorry. Hugs and prayers.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to uoduck

So sorry Gigi, prayers for all

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to uoduck

• uoduck Said:
  • joy2crop Said:
I was always that way, always have been a night person even as a kid I had a terrible time trying to go to sleep. I think to much.

Yeah me too, wonder if she is just taking after her momma. She's just too young for this. Right now she can sleep in but when school starts that won't happen. Think I'll get her up at 6:30 tomorrow am when I get up. She'll be tired all day but maybe it'll get her back on track. IDK

I would definitely get her up early (but be prepared for it to be every day! lol) and maybe try some melatonin or something. I know when I get into the habbit of going to bed late, or waking up a bunch of times at night, it takes me a while to get back on track. When Im waking up a lot- I take an herbal sleep supplement from my chiro for a few nights to get my body used to sleep through again.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to MeganF

We are calling family now. Sil can not talk to anyone else. She is not holding it together very well at all but she has never been a real strong person. She waited so long for Grandchildren and she lost her daughter and her 3 year old all in one day. The 2 year old only had minor injuries according to what we know now.

My niece grew up close to us but a few years ago she moved to Colorado and married there. For the Colorado peeps she lived by Colorado Spring in Yodor.

Well be back in a while if all goes well with the phone calls.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to gigikay

Was the accident here in Colorado?

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to uoduck

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Seriou s-Injury-Crash...

Here is the article about the crash. Gigi I am so sorry, just breaks my heart.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to uoduck

I cannot imagine losing on of my kids. Not sure I could hold it together either.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to uoduck

How did MIL take it?
How are you and your DH doing?
Saying lots of prayers.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics