Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Thanks Val,

I am still in shock but dealing. My heart is so heavy for my Sil. I can not imagine being in her place. I am not sure she is every going to be okay.

MIL was very odd. I was the one who told her and I was tearing up and trying to tell her without dragging it out. She said go ahead and cry and then said she might later. Just no reaction other than that. She talked about her melon and trash, wanted us to do some work for her. IDK. We stayed for awhile but no reaction really except to have me get her some cards to send out. It was not what we expected and so will not be telling this to SIL.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Thanks for the prayers, Val and all. Please say them for the driver of the other car. Later reports say they died at the scene and other SIL said alcohol was a factor but after reading that article IDK> Either way killing anyone would be horrible but a 3 year old child even worst. I also feel for her.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to gigikay

I thinkthe news says "may have been" until they know for sure. Time will tell.
Your MIL is an odd one, can't imagine having no reaction. Maybe that is her defense, and does not want you to see her break down.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
We are calling family now. Sil can not talk to anyone else. She is not holding it together very well at all but she has never been a real strong person. She waited so long for Grandchildren and she lost her daughter and her 3 year old all in one day. The 2 year old only had minor injuries according to what we know now.

My niece grew up close to us but a few years ago she moved to Colorado and married there. For the Colorado peeps she lived by Colorado Spring in Yodor.

Well be back in a while if all goes well with the phone calls.

OMG Gigi. I just read about this today. They already released the names. I wondered if it was your relatives but thought no way. I am so so sorry to hear this. My prayers and sympathies to all the family and especially you and DH.

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
We just got back home from a great day together and we got a phone call from DHs youngest sister. Her only daughter and her 3 year old grandson where killed in a car accident today by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Have to go over to MIL and tell her as this is her oldest GD and great grandson. Just can not do this to her over the phone.

Still in a little shock but will be back later. Prayers for the family please

Gigi prayers going up---sounds like an accident here in CO ---Mother & child killed---second child ok---driver ran stop sign here too!

Edited by GramMe6 on 07-12-13 07:05 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

• GramMe6 Said:
  • gigikay Said:
We just got back home from a great day together and we got a phone call from DHs youngest sister. Her only daughter and her 3 year old grandson where killed in a car accident today by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign. Have to go over to MIL and tell her as this is her oldest GD and great grandson. Just can not do this to her over the phone.

Still in a little shock but will be back later. Prayers for the family please

Gigi prayers going up---sounds like an accident here in CO ---Mother & child killed---second child ok---driver ran stop sign here too!

Yes same one Mary

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

Sorry I hadn't read this last page!

mickeysamiga
Governor
mickeysamiga
In response to GramMe6

Evening ladies.

Gigi, OMG hun i'm so sorry hugs and prayers for your family!!

I just wanted to pop in, but I can't stay I've had the little one all day and now that he's asleep I have 101 things to do. Night ladies.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to mickeysamiga

I wish I had words that would comfort you Gigi, best I can do is keep praying for everyone

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to CherylfromOz

Night Mickey sleep well

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to CherylfromOz

Nighty night Mickey, SWMF

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Thanks guys!!! I am okay, so sad and tears for SIL ect. Just seems to be lots of phones calls, cell and home. Word has gotten back here to some of my nieces friends plus her ex husband so they are calling. And my girls keep calling. Everyone wants to know but even after talking again to other SIL since nieces mother just can not talk any more we still do not know a lot except that the 2 year old is home now.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to gigikay

Oz, prayers are perfect!!! Thank you are again. Makes me want to hug my girls and GKs closer!!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to gigikay

Gigi

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
Oz, prayers are perfect!!! Thank you are again. Makes me want to hug my girls and GKs closer!!

So very true.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

B is asleep, took her about 20 min. Yeah!!!
DH said she told him she's afraid of dreaming about bullies, he asked her who and she said her friend Anna from ballet - same little girl that bullied her on stage at the gala. She told daddy that she does not do it anymore but then why would dream about it.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Val, glad she fell asleep fast. I remember I would try to come up with an answer when my parents would ask questions. Maybe that is what she was doing, really trying to think of an answer and that is all she came up with.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to gigikay

glad she fell asleep easier tonight Val, wake her again tomorrow

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
Val, glad she fell asleep fast. I remember I would try to come up with an answer when my parents would ask questions. Maybe that is what she was doing, really trying to think of an answer and that is all she came up with.

Kind of what I am thinking too.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

If I disappear it's b/c DS is home. He just got back from his Rome trip so need to hear all about it.

He's not here yet but should be anytime I think.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics