Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
LaraeH
LaraeH 
Expert
LaraeH
In response to LaraeH

I have a question for all of you who have the Silhouette. Are there a couple different 'models' like the Cricut? If so, which one is the best in your opinion? Is it true that they can cut around a printed edge?

I see a lot of you are 'friends' with MissKateCuttables on FB. If I think there is a possibility that I would be getting a Silhouette, is it possible to start downloading the Freebies from MKC?

Sorry, I guess that was more than ONE question! lol

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to LaraeH

Larea, there are 2 kinds being sold now, there use to be a SD version but not it is the cameo and the portrait. The Cameo is the bigger one 12 inches wide. The other is a smaller one. Jann has both. She won the smaller one at CHA plus she has the older version too I think. LOL.

I would get the Cameo and the designer Edition up grade of the software that comes with either machine. Also yes, just start downloading the Miss Kate Cuttables and other svg files you come across and saved them to file on your lappy top..

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to gigikay

hey girls!

im LMAO at that video! She kept saying it was Pam's fault- That must be Manilla talking about our pammy! hahahahaha!

ok, off to get the boys at VBS!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to MeganF

• MeganF Said:
hey girls!

im LMAO at that video! She kept saying it was Pam's fault- That must be Manilla talking about our pammy! hahahahaha!

OMGosh I didn't even catch that and put the two together. That makes it even more funny.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Megan, I did not either!!!!! Way to funny now.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to uoduck

OK we may or may not be going to get ears pierced today. Gave her a set of earrings for her gift to tell her we are doing it today and she said she's not sure if she is ready. Now she says she is but she seemed a bit timid so letting her think about it a bit more to make sure it's what she wants. I want it to be a positive experience and not a scary one.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to uoduck

OMG Megan I didn't even pay attention to the names how funny!

Val very true you don't want it to be scary for her, guess it was a good thing I got my girls ears done when they were babies, they were so used to them by the time they were toddlers that they never even fooled with them.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to joy2crop

Many browsers here...

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to jflanderbo

We decided to do home pedis instead. Might go watch some other girls get their ears pierced at 3:30 so she has a better idea what to expect. This was recommended by the salon and I think it's a good idea. They were very understanding about our cancellation.

LaraeH
LaraeH 
Expert
LaraeH
In response to uoduck

Thanks for the input Gigi. Now I have to talk DH into agreeing that I need another machine!! lol And I'll have to figure out how to download the SVG files.

Val, DH didn't let H get her ears pierced until she was about 11. He wanted to make sure it was something she REALLY wanted to do and he thought that by being 'older' she would be able to make a better decision.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to LaraeH

Morning all

Megan I thought the same thing

Happy Birthday B, hope you have/had a great day

I am now going to read the comments

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to CherylfromOz

here is another site you might like Gigi

forget this

Edited by CherylfromOz on 07-16-13 02:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Morning Oz how was dinner last night?

Hi Larae.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to MeganF

• MeganF Said:
hey girls!

Yep, Manila blames me for her Cricut addiction at least. The rest is her own fault...lol.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to PamInColorado

dinner was great Joy, SIL did a lot of little jobs for me too so that made it even better

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

LOL Pam, seems like all are scrappy friends blame each other for their addictions. LOL!

Oz, good for SIL doing things to help you out. Did you call the people about the freezer?

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

just waiting on them to tell me when they are coming, I did call about the machine, the lady phoned back, the courier couldn't tell them why it wasnt picked up yesterday but they will be here today, no time frame, I now have a contact and job number so she said if they haven't been by lunch time to call them direct.

I am also going to a friend/neighbours for dinner tonight, she use to live here then moved into town to her sons house and they moved out here, after 18 months she hated living in town and they were ready to go back so they swapped again. I do understand why, when the girls were younger at high school and college I always seemed to be driving them somewhere

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz

I have booked Sammie in for a bath and clip tomorrow, he is a mess and is getting hot, so have asked for half a clip, it is suppose to be the middle of winter, I am still in my summer pj's all the windows open, we had about a week of cold but thats it

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Oz dinner with your friend sounds wonderful. hope they make it today to pick up the freezer.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

I hope someone anyone comes soon, I am tired of waiting around, not as though I have to go out, just hate waiting

How did the concrete go Joy, did they finish

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics