Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to uoduck

When do you leave on your vacation?

I haven't been yet. I'll see if it continues.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to SiobhanR

Tuesday.

I hope you can get rid of it, doesn't sound like fun at all.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to uoduck

Cool! That will be an awesome trip!

I hope so too!

I am going to hit the sack! nighty! Night!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to SiobhanR

Nighty night, I'll probably go in about 20 min or so.

CherylfromOz
Governor
CherylfromOz
In response to uoduck

Sorry I have been gone all day, the kids came to help move the heavy furniture, they came in the morning and stayed for dinner, was a great day

Went for a walk this arvo. Sunset pics for a change

sunset for a change By CherylfromOz" title="http:// sunset for a change By CherylfromOz"Link

fishing By CherylfromOz" title="http:// fishing By CherylfromOz"Link

nearly done By CherylfromOz" title="http:// nearly done By CherylfromOz"Link

gone By CherylfromOz" title="http:// gone By CherylfromOz"Link

Night all, sleep well

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to CherylfromOz

Absolutely beautiful pictures Cheryl! Sleep well my friend.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to uoduck

Morning Owls.

Wow Oz, such a beautiful sunset. Glad you got the furniture moved. So happy it was such a wonderful visit with the kids.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to joy2crop

Good Morning Girlies!! I just lost a whole big post so now I am pi$$ed...lol.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to PamInColorado

Morning fire update: 17,073 acres, 30% contained, 10,000 still on mandatory evac, National Guard from Colorado Springs, Denver, and Buckley AFB will be deployed to patrol the area, utilities hoping to begin restoring service.. On a positive note, they said they lost 346 homes, but they also saved 81% of the houses in that area.

They also found another body at the same residence as the 1st one. I heard it was an elderly couple and he wouldn't leave his invalid wife. I am sure everyone around them was in such a panic they were forgotten. That fire came up over that crest and raced down on them in a matter of minutes. The police were on bullhorns telling people to get out NOW. So sad. There are still up to 10 missing or unaccounted for.

Now to top it all off people are going home to find they have been robbed. They arrested 2 people for burglary the other day. What dirtbags. To take advantage of people like that really takes a low life. I hope they throw the book at them. They are bringing in the National Guard to patrol all the evaced areas now because they think those 2 weren't the only ones.

I had to quit watching the news coverage all day. I tune in to the updates at 8am and 4 pm but that's it. It just makes me numb to the point I can't think about anything else. I am just grateful my family and friends are all safe. I do have one friend still evacuated but she is safe at her cousins house and the fires haven't hit her place so she knows she has a home to go back to.

Ok enough about the fire. Today I am not sure yet what I am going to work on. I need to empty the dishwasher to start with and I'll just go from there. Right now I don't feel like doing anything...lol. I am laughing at Jade right now. She is flipping this little white mouse toy all over the place and chasing after it. Jade is my teenager and Coco is my old lady. Even though they were born within 2 weeks of each other, the difference in their personalities is unreal. OK, I am going to go get dressed and try to get something done today. You all have a great SATURDAY!!

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to PamInColorado

Mornin' from the Nook, Owls! It's a beautiful day here in MN and I've already made a bajillion cuts on my Cameo this morning. I'm working on horse stuff cuz there's a rodeo acomin'!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to jflanderbo

Got a good amount of work done this am, girls got their room done and then all their other cr@p scattered through out the house now we are sitting down to lunch. DH is getting the oil changed on the car and new tires (yuck). But at least he is the one stuck waiting for it and not me.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to uoduck

And at least you can afford the tires, Ducky!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck

Yes we can, 3 months ago we would have been stressing on how to pay for them.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to uoduck

Customers,customers, custom cuts! Yay!

CherylfromOz
Governor
CherylfromOz

Morning all

glad everyone is doing well

Pam I have been watching the fires on telly here, so sad

Today's pic

starting By CherylfromOz" title="http:// starting By CherylfromOz"Link

the sky was so red this morning By CherylfromOz" title="http:// the sky was so red this morning By CherylfromOz"Link

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to CherylfromOz

Hi Oz, OMG what beautiful pics, I love the ones from today.

Sorry I've been MIA, DH and I have been busy working outside, now just got out of the shower to start getting ready for DGS's bday party.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to joy2crop

Off to the party, talk to you all later.

mickeysamiga
Governor
mickeysamiga
In response to joy2crop

Hello ladies. Well I spent the day at DD's again and I've managed to do NOTHING around my house in a week!! LOL Ohhh well, life is good.

Val, your vacay sounds like alot of fun!! Forget the expense of the tires....the family time is more than worth it!

Hi Jann "from the Nook", sounds like a good day at the shop!

Pam, so sad about the 2 lives lost and the number of holmes lost. And WTF robs from those evacuated? Actually, they should have had someone guarding those holmes to begin with!! People these days are just STUPID! But you really have to look at all the holmes they've saved and all the people that were able to walk away God bless those fire fighters and other personel working so hard!!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to mickeysamiga

Evening ladies!

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to uoduck

Hi Owls just got home from the party and we went to dinner before coming home. Chase is staying for a couple of days so he came home with us, also DGD (Taylor) is going to be staying, her Mom will be bringing her over in a few min.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics