Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to joy2crop

Nighty Night Joy, SWMF

Happy Birthday!!!!

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Val, glad you are home and that it was a great trip.
Joy, so glad your Bday was happy!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary, glad to see you on and sounding better.
Oz, good you are feeling better.

Heading out myself. Last night with GKS till Disneyland so must read a book or 2. See you from home tomorrow night.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to gigikay

Hi girls!

Went homecoming dress shopping with Shelby today. Found her a very pretty dress for only $42.50!!!

We also drove down and saw mom for a bit~ that was nice. She is a bit stronger since the last time I saw here too.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to SiobhanR

Happy, happy, happy birthday Joy! I hope you had a fantastic day!

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to SiobhanR

I guess I missed everyone.

Nighty all!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to SiobhanR

NIghty night Siobhan.

Sorry had to leave and get some groceries

Girls please pray, there is a little girl here in the area missing - she's been missing since Friday morning. They found her backpack about 6 miles from her school.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Great buy Siobhan!

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to joy2crop

Night Joy, sleep well

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to CherylfromOz

OMG Val, prayers going up, I hate hearing things like that, hope she is found safe and well

Night Gigi and Siobhan, sleep well

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

It's very sad, I pray they find her too. When I was growing up we walked to school alone all the time and didn't even think about it being dangerous. Now there is no way I would let my girls walk to school alone or in a group.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to uoduck

Unfortunatly the world is changing and not always for the better, I think back to the things I did and no way would my kids have been allowed to do them, we use to climb out the bedroom windows early of a morning, and as long as we were home for dinner it was ok, we took heaps of fruit etc with us of course this was only in the school holidays and weekends, the only reason we went out the windows is they were at the front of the house, otherwise we would have had to go past mum and dads room and if we woke dad we were grounded for the day

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

yeah we were the same. We would leave in the morning and not come home until we were hungry or the street lights came on. LOL Of course I grew up in a very small town and mom always was but DH grew up here in Boulder and says he and his brother would just get on a bus and get transfers for hours just riding the buses all over town just for fun. No way in you know where would I ever let the girls do that.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to uoduck

I was the same way grew up in a town of 141. While we raised our daughter in the city we were still close enough that she went out there and was able to experience a bit of that. That was also twenty years ago and now, unfortunately it could not be that way, the small town I grew up in had its first murder about ten years ago and it was a member of the community that did it. I hope and pray that the little girl is found, it tears at my heart that things like this happen.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to Debbie2006

Night all sleep well

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Morning Owls.

Val, very sad news about the little girl missing I so hope they find her, so scary anymore in this world. I am with the rest of you how we would play outside with no worries at all, we didn't even lock our doors when I was a kid.

Suzy-Sunshine
Diva
Suzy-Sunshine
In response to joy2crop

Good morning everyone! I am really missing being here to chat.....I know I've missed lots of your life events not even being on the computer much.:( But I have been thinking of you all. The owls have definitely been on my mind....

It's been a different few months of not being on the computer much and trying to get life scheduled and organized. Silly me dropped Girl Scouts and filled in with a ton of other stuff. LOL. Just stuff that keeps me out of my office really. And I have barely crafted at all! I am really needing a crafty fix....and a night owl fix! Hopefully the fall will be a good season for it.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to Suzy-Sunshine

Hi Suzy, so good to see you on here, we have missed you. Are you still teaching classes at M's? or was it J's?

Siobhan so happy you had a good day with Shelby yesterday and were able to visit Mary. Yay on finding a good deal on the dress for Shelby.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to joy2crop

Got my roast in the crock pot, think I am going to wrap some of these christmas gifts then going to M's this afternoon.

Suzy-Sunshine
Diva
Suzy-Sunshine
In response to joy2crop

Joy, Happy Belated Birthday!

I did work at J's but switched to M's which is going a bit better. Not too much work so it's nice. The girls sports will be over soon so after some tournament stuff K will only have skating and Archery, G will not play anything and B has only ballet and tap. I can't believe you are wrapping up Christmas gifts! LOL. well yes I do believe it.

Siobhan, sounds like a nice day with Shelby. Those dresses can be pricey so that is a great deal. K didn't get a ticket to her homecoming but a boy asked her to his at a different school so she gets to wear her dress. We found it over the summer on clearance and she still loves it thankfully(you know how that can go I am sure...LOL)

I didn't get a chance to check back so I don't know the status of Mary's recovery. It has been so long for her....good thing you could visit with her.

Jann, I know this is late but you've been in my thoughts over losing your SIL Linda, it was an honor and pleasure to have met such a sweet and interesting lady! SO sorry for your loss, I know you'll miss her.

I guess I'll have to go read back...B is playing at home today and it's chilly so it's inside and Halloween decorating....

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to Suzy-Sunshine

Thanks Suzy. Yes I need to start getting a jump on this wrapping stuff, can't have the GK's stumbling across the gifts, much easier if they are wrapped. Glad that the job at M's is much better for you.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics