Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to uoduck

I was going to stay up a bit longer and do some work and catch up on some TV but eyes are getting sleepy so might have to give in and let the eyes win.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to uoduck

Nite Val, as a dear friend say swmf!!!

I am following you to.

Oz, have a great afternoon.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to uoduck

I have to get ready now, so Night and sleep well all

Tuki
Tuki 
Diva
Tuki
  • Tuki on 10-12-12 10:20 PM
In response to CherylfromOz

Bummer, looks like I missed everyone tonight. We went to watch one of DD1's friends play basketball. It was so cute watching the little ones play (8yrs-11yrs). Some of those kids play really good. We ended up staying to watch the next kids play (Jr.High / High Schoolers). We came home and had a late dinner. And of course it was ice cream night too!

Anywho, I need to get some work done tonight so I'll be up for quite a while (story of my life lately!) Hope to try to be on some time tomorrow!! Night all!!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to Tuki

Good Morning all

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop
In response to uoduck

Morning Owls.

Val, terrible about that little girl Jessica, and then the shooting, WTH is going on???

I tell you people have just gotten crazy where they think they can do whatever they want, seems like the so called safe areas aren't excluded anymore, it is so dang scary.

We didn't stay for the entire football game we eneded up leaving at half time and the varsity was ahead 14-7, but heard on the news they won, yay!!!!!

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to joy2crop

Good Morning Girlies!! Sorry I haven't been around much this week. It has been a busy busy week for me. I had the housekeeper girly here Tuesday and Thursday. She has really helped me dig out a lot around here and my house is looking a lot better. I am not entirely happy with her cleaning though, and I will be the first to admit I am picky, but she is slow as molasses and doesn't have a clue unless I am right on top of her telling her what to do and how to do it. I left her alone to clean the bathroom Thursday and I had to go in and tell her she needed to clean the base of the toilet and there was still an inch of dust on a few things. Plus when she swept and mopped in there she didn't even pick up the scale or the little step-stool I keep in there off the floor or even wipe them down. I think she just swept and mopped around everything. I don't think she has the experience she claims she has. I am very detail oriented and she just isn't.

I am not even going to start her washing walls or anything major because I would just have to turn around and have to have someone do it over. She tries hard but I won't be keeping her. She is going into job corps in November anyways so I will start looking for someone else then. We have the living room, kitchen and bathroom done. Floors are mopped and they in general look a lot better without an inch of dust everywhere. We have my bedroom about 2/3 done and the front bedroom is all done. This next week we are going to start digging out the other bedroom that is really bad. If we can get that all sorted out Tuesday, then Thursday I am going to get my GS to come and help move furniture around. I want these bedrooms all set up and then when I get a new bed all we have to do is move mine into the spare bedroom.

I will still have to put my desk together myself, with all my stuff, but that won't be bad once I get it put where I want it. If we can get these bedrooms done this next week then I think I will have them come and rearrange the living room and get this couch out of here after that. I am looking at recliners and love seats. I haven't decided yet if I am going to keep the love seat I have or get a new one. My living room isn't all that big and I really don't need a big couch. I think a recliner or 2 and a love seat will be plenty. Plus I have this little rocker from my Mom, though I might move that into my bedroom. We'll see.

All I know is I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. She isn't a good cleaner, but she has it clean enough,(with supervision) that I'm not stressing any more. It really was getting bad and I was really feeling overwhelmed. The dust was horrible. Plus she is good about moving things and helping me organize them, though slow. Very, very slow...lol. I definitely think I will reach my goal of having my bedrooms cleaned out and organized by Thanksgiving though. Hopefully I can find a new bed by then too. I am looking for a full or queen adjustable bed. I need to go one day this next week and look at them and recliners too. Plus I want to go get new tires put on my van so it will be a busy week again.

My GS was here Thursday and Friday too. Did his laundry and I took him to court yesterday. He came out of it pretty good. He was ticketed for driving without a license and the DA said if he went and got a license she would dismiss the charges. He goes back Dec 6th but he can file a motion for a sooner date within 2 weeks as soon as he gets the license. He might have to start the job corp thing over again if he can't go before then. We got all the papers he needed to file and paid court costs for the court date he missed so he is all good right now. If he would have pled guilty it was going to cost over $200 in fines so we decided to go this way instead. While he was here he also steamed the mattress to the daybed and vacuumed out my van so I was happy with him. Now I just need to get the daybed itself cleaned up and get some bolts for it to put it together. Manila couldn't find them. Hopefully Home Depot should have some. I am just going to take one out of it and take it with me.

So that has been my week. I am exhausted today. I just finished going through the piles on my kitchen table and putting all that away and I am thinking I am going to water my poor plants and work on laundry the rest of the day. Nothing major. I need a "down" day I think. I'm not used to all this activity and cleaning and running around. I even went to Walmart Wednesday. I got the last of my groceries and took this camera I had bought back. I couldn't get it to charge for nuttin'. Well, it really helps if you don't put the battery in upside down...lol. Kept the camera. It's just a little point and shoot that I can carry in my purse, which is what I wanted. I want to get a small case for it yet and I need to go to the battery store and get an extra battery for it too. I hate when they go dead right when you are in the middle of taking pictures.

Ok, since I have nothing major planned for today I am going to go check FB and goof off for a while. I will be in and out. You all have a great SATURDAY!!!

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to PamInColorado

Gigi, your troubles with your MIL sound exactly like my Mom was. We finally had to lay it on the line with her that she had a choice. She could either have someone in 3 hours a day EVERY day, and she paid for it, or we were going to get POA and put her in a home permanently. We already had POA but we didn't tell her that. We didn't give her a choice. Toward the end we had them in 6 hours a day plus hospice and hospice aids too. She was still alone more than I liked but she wouldn't tolerate them any more than what they were there. I console myself with the fact that she was ready to go and she went the way she wanted to. I would have a family meeting, get everyone on the same page with her, and then don't give her a choice. Just tell her this is the way it is if you want to stay in your home. She will agree if she realizes she doesn't have a choice. Them older folks will fight tooth and nail and do whatever it takes to stay home for as long as they can.

I don't blame them either. I want to stay in my home as long as I possibly can. I fight every day to stay mobile by one means or another. I could very easily take to my bed and just never walk again but I have too much to live for. I fight it every day. Some days the arthritis is horrible and I can hardly get out of bed, but I still make myself get up and move around at least a little, even if I have to use a walker or whatever. The last couple of weeks have been he!! with it being so hot one day and freezing the next. The cold really gets me bad. I need to move somewhere that it's about 70 - 80 all the time...lol.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado

Where is everybody today?? Think I am going to go make me an egg mcmuffin.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

LOL Pam, sorry I am kind of in and out. Had to fix breakfast, then get showered, then DD#3 and SIL were here dropping off their truck for us to use, now trying to get Chase to get himself in the shower and start getting dressed.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado

Having a hot smoked turkey and swiss instead. Of all things, I forgot to get eggs at the store...lol.

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Yumm, that sounds good Pam.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to joy2crop

Happy Saturday from my happy place!

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to joy2crop

I don't know why but I am freezing today. It is 54* out, which is actually not bad, and I have the heat on even but I can't get warm. I just put my snuggie on...lol. This thing is sooo warm. I love it. Even my hands are cold which is unusual.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to jflanderbo

Morning.
Pam, sounds like you are busy as usual.
DHs 2 sisters one in Kansas and the other that splits her time between her kids in Texas are on the same page with MIL. She under no circumstances is going to a nursing home. They want to do what she wants. Just the way it is. There is no choice for that here.

Joy, lol at Chase...being a teenager and sleeping in and hanging out in PJs.

Jann, have fun...hope you got some rest.

Going to shower and do shopping that I did not do at all yesterday.

Tuki
Tuki 
Diva
Tuki
  • Tuki on 10-13-12 10:46 AM
In response to gigikay

Good morning/afternoon everyone... seems like everyone's busy already. I went to bed at 3:30am working on stuff and gonna continue. Of course there's more laundry to do, cleaning, and all that other good stuff!!

Pam, sounds like you and your helper are getting lots accomplished (I'm guessing you have someone helping you around the house). Good for you if that's the case!

Gigi, is your MIL not doing well? I'm sorry, I'm so out of the loop here!

Joy, how is Chase doing? And your brother?

Jann, yay for being in your happy place today! Sure beats being at "the other place"!

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to Tuki

Jeez, Tuki! 3AM????

joy2crop
Queen
joy2crop

Hi Tuki, Jann, Pam and Gigi.

Ok I am out of here for a bit, need to take the cement mixer to my Mom's house so DH and I will be able to do some cement work over there tomorrow, and DD is on their way home from camping so I will be taking Chase home also.

Talk to you all later.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to gigikay

• gigikay Said:
Morning.
Pam, sounds like you are busy as usual.
DHs 2 sisters one in Kansas and the other that splits her time between her kids in Texas are on the same page with MIL. She under no circumstances is going to a nursing home. They want to do what she wants. Just the way it is. There is no choice for that here.

Joy, lol at Chase...being a teenager and sleeping in and hanging out in PJs.

Jann, have fun...hope you got some rest.

Going to shower and do shopping that I did not do at all yesterday.

I was lucky with my brothers. We all pretty much agreed what needed to happen. I would tell the SIL's that they need to come stay with her or take her into their homes then because it is too much for you to handle alone. Maybe they don't realize that she isn't improving and shouldn't be alone.

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo

Busy day here. I'm chirpin' away, too. Making lions and monkeys from Create a Critter. May get time for some tigers and bears, too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics