Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Advice time again,

I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for these peeps, how many other meals should I plan for? I have a couple breakfast casseroles that can be prepared the night before that they all like. I really don't want to cook dinners or lunches b/c that's just my policy with these peeps - Turkey day is pushing it but will b/c I like to cook and would not dream of just buying it. They will be here Tuesday - Sunday so that would be a lot of meals out which I don't feel like either. Not sure how many leftovers there will be.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

OK, think I have something figured out. Going to make 2 of my lasagna's tomorrow and freeze both. Then if we need a meal I pull them out. DH's parents will want to eat fish on Friday so will plan on my Fish Tacos for that day as I have frozen fish in my freezer and it's fairly easy to through together. DH , DS and girls love it. Thinking the others might not (especially older wolves as it's not processed flavorless fish sticks) but too bad. For lunches I'll just have lots of bread and deli meats on hand and they can figure it out themselves. Think I'll buy a stack of paper plates too.

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

FUDGE!!!!

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

• uoduck Said:
OK, think I have something figured out. Going to make 2 of my lasagna's tomorrow and freeze both. Then if we need a meal I pull them out. DH's parents will want to eat fish on Friday so will plan on my Fish Tacos for that day as I have frozen fish in my freezer and it's fairly easy to through together. DH , DS and girls love it. Thinking the others might not (especially older wolves as it's not processed flavorless fish sticks) but too bad. For lunches I'll just have lots of bread and deli meats on hand and they can figure it out themselves. Think I'll buy a stack of paper plates too.

Sounds like a good plan! You could make my Irish spagetti (meatless) lol! Why don't they eat meat on Friday?

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

• uoduck Said:

Sounds like a good plan! You could make my Irish spagetti (meatless) lol! Why don't they eat meat on Friday?

OOPS! Sorry!

Edited by GramMe6 on 11-17-12 10:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

B/C they still go to Pius the X Latin masses, sore subject in this house.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

DH doesn't like Irish Spaghetti - probably b/c he grew up on it and the sauce had no flavor. LOL

Could do Tuna Casserole as well, will see what kind of mood I'm in at that time. Both things I have the ingredients on had so not to difficult.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

• GramMe6 Said:
FUDGE!!!!

Yeah, I said something similar to that but not quite. Debbie and I were texting - sorry Debbie

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

• uoduck Said:

Sorry--I didn't know! I used to tease Gill about why I married him----he was in the Navy & service persons & their families were exempt from the nomeat rule---the change happened shortly after we agot marries lol

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

• GramMe6 Said:
  • uoduck Said:

Sorry--I didn't know! I used to tease Gill about why I married him----he was in the Navy & service persons & their families were exempt from the nomeat rule---the change happened shortly after we agot marries lol

LOL

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Where is everyone tonight?

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

Guess their all having fun---I wento Wal Mart & City Market all by myself today--but boy I'm pooped!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

WOW that's cool. Do you have a scooter or did you go with the walker? So you are driving now too?

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to uoduck

Guess their all having fun---I wento Wal Mart & City Market all by myself today--but boy I'm pooped!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

I bet if feels so good to be getting your independence back.

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to GramMe6

Don't know why all thi double posting is happening--

I am driving---using a cane to get into the store the just use the cart for stability. Trying not to use the stores scooter thing anymore!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

That is so great Mary. Soon you'll be dancing the jitterbug.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Your just trying to get your post count up there Mary, LOL catching up for lost time.

GramMe6
Diva
GramMe6
In response to GramMe6

Well it's almost midnite so I'd better get to bed beforeI fall asleep here in the chair again! TTYT!!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to GramMe6

I'm thinking the same thing Mary, B has a friend spending the night and her parent's are picking her up at 8am so I should get some sleep. Plus I have more cleaning to to tomorrow. I'm getting closer to being done however.

Nighty night Mary, SWMF

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics