Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Good Afternoon Girlies!! I haven't done a danged thing today but goof around on this computer. I am waiting for Consumer Crafts to get that 5x7 Cuttlebug folder case in so I had to get on and check on it. Not in yet and I don't want to order until I can get everything I need. My last order from them should be here today and tomorrow. The tracking said 2 of 3 boxes are out for delivery. I am wondering if all 3 will come. Manila and I ordered a bunch of stuff together so we could get free shipping so it's a pretty good size order. I didn't think 3 boxes worth but a couple of things that we ordered multiples of are pretty big.

Siobhan I am so glad to hear you are doing well. Don't try to do too much too soon. Take it easy for a few days and let everyone else take care of you. It was still surgery even though you are home already and you need to heal.

I am getting ready to eat some lunch, clean up the kitchen a bit, and then head into the bedrooms. Fun fun!! We will see how much I get done in there today. I told DeSean we need to clear a space in the craft room to sort stuff and then we need to go out in the garage and get together all my empty storage stuff. I have bins of photo boxes and you name it. I need the bins for one thing to sort in to, and I am definately going to need all the photo boxes I have when I start gathering them all up from everywhere. I have 2 huge boxes alone that I brought home from my Mom's that I would like to get emptied and more compact before I actually sort them all out. I am dreading that job.

Ok, I am starving and need to get off here for a bit and spend at least an hour in the bedroom. I will be in and out today. You all have a great THURSDAY!!

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to PamInColorado

Pam, I wanted to know if you have any sets of alphas. You gave me a set at the Colorado swarm and I love them...have all most used them all. They come on 12 and half long and 9 inch wide sheets. They are called Sticker studio brand and Sassy is the style. The look like some one has taken a black pen and gone around the colors.
If you do and you want to purge them I would love to buy them from you!

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to gigikay

Pam, here is a pic.

Sassy Alphas By Gigikay

Edited by gigikay on 01-24-13 01:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to uoduck

Val, I am feeling pretty good. My belly is sore but I actually "feel" better than before. I am not sluggish at all. I can still feel some of the anesthesia in my lungs but if my belly didn't hurt and I knew I could without hurting I'd clean my house. I hope I always feel at least this good

jflanderbo
Governor
jflanderbo
In response to SiobhanR

Glad to see you're doing well, Siobhan.

I'm back at the Nook, cotton in my mouth.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to jflanderbo

Glad your feeling pretty good but stay horizontal and don't do anything silly girl.

feel bad for you Jann hate that feeling.

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to SiobhanR

• SiobhanR Said:
Val, I am feeling pretty good. My belly is sore but I actually "feel" better than before. I am not sluggish at all. I can still feel some of the anesthesia in my lungs but if my belly didn't hurt and I knew I could without hurting I'd clean my house. I hope I always feel at least this good

that is wonderful, Siobhan!!

gigikay
Governor
gigikay
In response to jflanderbo

• jflanderbo Said:
Glad to see you're doing well, Siobhan.

I'm back at the Nook, cotton in my mouth.

Ugh! not sure I could have gone back to work after that. Hugs.

PamInColorado
Diva
PamInColorado
In response to gigikay

Gigi, I will keep a lookout for them. I probably do have more, but where they are would be the question.

CherylfromOz
Governor
CherylfromOz

Morning all, it is still raining here, love it, however it is a long weekend here, it is Australia Day tomorrow, DD1, SIL and another couple are booked to go to Fraser Island for the weekend, they go 4WD'ing, hoping it dries up so they can enjoy themselves

I am off to a friends for coffee this morning

Siobhan so glad you are feeling better

Sorry about MIL Gigi

Ali I hope you are feeling better

Yay for a mini vacation Debbie

Sorry can't remember what else I read

gigikay
Governor
gigikay

Thanks Pam, I would love to buy them.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR

Don't worry I am not doing too much. I am just glad that I feel like I can.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to SiobhanR

I never was able to get that nap in. Instead I cheated on today's history lessons. I used Youtube to look up documentaries on the Roman empire. Instead of book work, and assignments, I assigned them a documentary that was about an hour and a half long and asked them to write a summary of what they watched. I've seen that documentary upteen times, so if what they write doesn't corespond to what I've seen, I know they didn't do the assignment. And I have a creative means of "punishment" for not doing an assignment. I know they aren't fond of documentaries, well, my oldest likes space documentaries, but despises all others. What I do when an assignment involves a documentary is assign the summary. If it's obvious they didn't watch the documentary, they will spend the Saturday and Sunday following that school week watching multiple documentaries on the same subject. I like history documentaries, so it doesn't bother me to spend my weekend watching them with my boys. And they know I will too, and pause the videos occasionally to ask them pop questions.

My eyes aren't itching anymore, and the sneezing has stopped. Now I just have a sinus headache and feeling tired from the benadryl earlier.

As for the member who got the extraction. I've had to have several and I'll tell you a little secret. 1) A damp tea bag works better than the cotton to stop the bleeding. It doesn't taste great, but it isn't that bad either. No worse than black coffee and it doesn't dry your mouth out. 2) Find an ice pack for your jaw. I didn't one time, and the next day I could barely open my mouth to fit a spoon of yogurt in it.

I've got dental work I need to get done, and it involves extractions. I got bottom 2 molars out last year, one on each side and 2 wisdom teeth out on the top. Well, my dentist was fairly certain that my bottom wisdom teeth would not come in. He was wrong. One of them sits sideways with the roots facing my jaw and the crown facing my other teeth. Cutting that tooth HURTS!! The other one came in with few problems. Now they both need to come out. I don't know what I'm going to do about the sideways one though. My dentist says he can't address it in the office, and my insurance doesn't want to pay for an oral surgeon. Ugh. So, I keep putting off making an appointment.

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to flhomeschoolmom

Checking in from bball practice.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to uoduck

Hi Val!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to SiobhanR

Hey Siobhan,
Watcha doing to pass time

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to uoduck

Driving my mom nuts!

MeganF
MeganF 
Governor
MeganF
In response to SiobhanR

hi girls Just checking in!

Oz- I have a favor to ask! I would love to get my hands on an issue of Capture magazine. Its a photography magazine they have other there. Its supposed to be amazing. Would you mind looking for it if you happen to be in a book store or somewhere that has a lot of magazines? I would really appreciate it.

SiobhanR
Mayor
SiobhanR
In response to SiobhanR

I am also pintersting, facebooking and chatting with folks on text and IM

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to SiobhanR

LOL
Sounds like fun, how long is she staying