Username Post: Night Owls Unite Chat Room        (Topic#1533627)
flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to flhomeschoolmom

My DH's marriage proposal was a tattoo! He had friends in the business, so he got one to put my name in big blue cursive letters between his shoulder blades. He then told me, "My back is itching, would you scratch it." And he dropped down on one knee, with his back to me, dropped down the back of his shirt and said, "and will you marry me?" How on earth could I say no!!

I had recieved proposals before, but never one that was permanently inked into someone's skin! Much better than a diamond He can't take it off!! LOL

I have his name in the same color across a cescerian scar. It's a happy reminder of the birth of my boys.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

Very different yet interesting

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to uoduck

I like Halen. My DH is a big Van Halen fan. He shares his birthday with some famous people, but not their birthdays. Rock stars tend to OD, die in crahes, or out right commit suicide on his birthday.....

I also like Grateful Dead, the Eagles, Twisted Sister, some AC/DC, a tiny bit of Ozzy, Bon Jovi, a lot of country, and gospel...mainly Petra, Casting Crowns, and Kutless.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

Not a big twisted sister fan but like Bon Jovi and like to scrap to Def Leppard. I know wierd but when my BSF and I get together to scrap and we start getting tired we put in Def Leppard.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

We both were obviously teens in the early 80s

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

I chose to get his name over the scar because it was a way to erase some bad memories. I got my first cescerian scar when I was 16, lost a baby, and had to have both the babys remains and a tumor removed from my uterus. I lost 1/4 of my uterus. Then when I had my oldest son, the original scar was reopened and closed back up. It was kinda thick. Then with my youngest, there were complications. The attending doctor at the hospital refused to stop my labor like he was supposed to. The two scars on my uterus began to tear open. My OB, the same one that performed the original surgery, and delivered my oldest son, repaired the tears during delivery of my youngest. Then he removed the old scar tissue from my tummy and put a new scar. But I couldn't have more children, so I got the tattoo over the right end of the scar. It's tiny, but personal. It's not meant to be showed off. It was something that I did just for myself, something that only means something to myself and my DH.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

Wow, thats tough. So sorry.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to SiobhanR

• SiobhanR Said:
WOW Debbie, it might be a decent system

it does a pretty decent job. It is not like our upstairs system...but, it wasn't near the $$ either.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Yamaha---5.1-Ch.-Home-Theat...

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

Well, actually, in the 1980's I wasn't yet in Jr. High. I was a teen in the 1990's. I graduated in 1997. And Macarana was popular and we all did the Macarana at Sr. prom.

I wasn't allowed to listen to anything but gospel for most of my youth. My family finially gave in and let me listen to country. I got grounded once because I got caught with an Ozzy tape that I borrowed from a friend. And I lost TV privilages one time when I got caught watching MTV.

I fell in love with 80's music when I was in my 20's. Well, I always liked Twisted Sister "We're Not Gonna Take It", and Gun N' Roses "Sweet Child of Mine", and "November Rain".

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to uoduck

I like the sentiment behind the tat Ali, if I ever get one I know what I am having, just don't think I will ever get one

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to CherylfromOz

I was wondering if ali and I were the only ones still up.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to uoduck

Oz~~glad things are ok.

Gigi~~I am so sorry that you are down with the flu.

Macarena...Love it!!! We quit playing pool...A and his girlfriend came home to watch a movie. DH is taking a shower...and I am sure will kidnap me soon.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom
In response to uoduck

I always said that I would never get one. But, ultimately I changed my mind for very personal reasons. Now it's like I look at the scar and am reminded of the birth of my boys, and then see the name and am reminded of just who else was responsible for the happy memories of giving birth to children of my own. My doctors told me when I was 16 that I would most likely never be able to have children. That if I did manage to get pregnant, it was unlikely I would be able to carry a child. But I did, up to 37 weeks, twice. So, happy memories.

CherylfromOz
Queen
CherylfromOz
In response to ScrappinHusker

• ScrappinHusker Said:
Oz~~glad things are ok.

Gigi~~I am so sorry that you are down with the flu.

Macarena...Love it!!! We quit playing pool...A and his girlfriend came home to watch a movie. DH is taking a shower...and I am sure will kidnap me soon.

Hmm sounds interesting

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

Uh huh....

I could think of some songs for you too, but I'm not going to share them.

flhomeschoolmom
Resident
flhomeschoolmom

Oh dear...I'm sitting here blushing....

my mind is going places that just aren't very lady like...

ropes
blindfolds
handcuffs

BAD ALI!!!! BAD!!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker

• flhomeschoolmom Said:
I always said that I would never get one. But, ultimately I changed my mind for very personal reasons. Now it's like I look at the scar and am reminded of the birth of my boys, and then see the name and am reminded of just who else was responsible for the happy memories of giving birth to children of my own. My doctors told me when I was 16 that I would most likely never be able to have children. That if I did manage to get pregnant, it was unlikely I would be able to carry a child. But I did, up to 37 weeks, twice. So, happy memories.

very cool on the tattoo. God is good!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

There will be no kidnapping/saying hello in this house for a very long time.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker

not quite that blushing....LOL

But, I will maybe check in a bit later.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to uoduck

• uoduck Said:
There will be no kidnapping/saying hello in this house for a very long time.

good Plan!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics