Username Post: Anyone know how to fix a Tombow refill cartridge?        (Topic#1534101)
AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt

okay, the 2 year old got to my scrapbook desk. Need I say more?? scrapbook supplies are not something you just wanna toss in the trash. I'm desperate!
Products Referenced in This Post:

lots2scrap
Guru
lots2scrap
In response to AZscrapnquilt

It could be tricky since it's so sticky! I understand about throwing stuff away though. I had to toss my first refill cartridge on my Xyron. After 2 hrs trying to "repair" the damage I gave up...but learned from my mistake. Maybe someone will have a suggestion for you.

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to lots2scrap

I don't know if they can be repaired. I have tried before to repair mine and was unsuccessful.

Maybe someone has a trick though that I don't know. Good luck!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to glensgirl

I guess it depends on what the problem is.

I've had to rewind my Hermafix (many times)! I take off all the used part of the tape and then rewind the new.

Just to add--- I stopped using the Hermafix, because it was such a hassle; always getting messed up.

Edited by Bxr-Linda on 05-03-10 03:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to Bxr-Linda

The tape got ripped right at the spot it comes out of. I found out my Herma got ripped too but that was easy to fix compared to the Tombow. I have picked it up and worked on it, gotten frustrated put it down and come back to it a couple of hours later. As I said, the Herma was soooo much easier to fix! Tweezers, tape, and my super light and I was good to go in 15 minutes. I am sure at this point that paper/card stock is in tact and the punches have at this point all been accounted for. Just happy I got there before he hit the scissors drawer! If I could just fix that TOMBOW! It may sound stupid but I am pretty determined to get it fixed. just wondering if someone out there has the magic plan.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to lots2scrap

okay, had it been the Xyron?? I would have cried first then tossed it! Just changing out the cartridge on the Xyson I had problems. Then I have troubles with buttons and tying my shoe! ha ha ha

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper

would it be possible to use a piece of scotch tape to re-attach the glue tape to the beginning spot again? You might have to trim the scotch tale to be thin enough to go where it needs to stick. It looks like the tape comes off the front roller stick side up then goes around the front where it applies to the paper, rolls back under the second roller where it attaches to the blue screw. Not sure if that helps or not but I also love my tombow glue runner. I just have never looked at it that closely to see how I would put it back together if I had a problem. I have a question, did you scrap the mess the 2 year old made?? I had to ask!

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to catzscrapper

WOW, I HAD NOT THOUGHT OF THAT??I think that I was so shocked at the mess that taking pictures never crossed my mind. I could have him recreate it under supervision but I really don't want him to get the wrong idea. Believe me, I already KNOW there will be a next time.oops, he is crying, not good! gotta run! Thank you Janet!

UNkit
UNkit 
Tenant
UNkit
  • UNkit on 05-04-10 02:36 AM

That is why I love this place! Let us know if it works.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to UNkit

DH opened mine once and fixed it for me,,,,,but I'm not sure how he did it,,,,after that, i gave in and bought the ATG which is easy to fix if it gets broken,,,,,

ugh, kids,,,,,my dgd DESTROYED 3 of my inks last week at least they were cheap studio g ones,,,,,,

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics