Username Post: Anyone been bold enough for COLOR BLOCKING??        (Topic#1534175)
AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt

I am going nuts!

I have spent the last 3 days giving the whole Color Blocking a try. I followed the quickie video and thought; Well, she said it was easy, I should not have any problems, looks good, I'll try it but I am a little disappointed with the results of my rough draft! I have pencil marks galore, pieces that look a little misshapen, and a spot that is 1/4 inch from two of the neighboring blocks making it a half inch by 3/4 inch around. I look at it and I think I missed something? Anyone have any luck? I have done a search and did not find any layouts. Maybe I am searching on the wrong thing.

CALGON TAKE ME AWAY.........

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to AZscrapnquilt

To search for color blocking , you go to the gallery.. then click at the top on the yellowish strip "Techniques".. then the next screen at the top click "color blocking".. you'll have to search some cause I saw a lot in there that aren't color blocking, but there are quite a few examples there. Good luck.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to raindancer

okay, just looked. Boy don't I feel stupid. I am going to have to finish this thing somehow and post it, nasty spot (Nothing an embellishment can't fix) and all.
I think I will have to go back to the drawing board, sort of speak. ( the pencil and I are one )

I am still a little miffed with the whole thing...B.B.S. with a pic.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to raindancer

How long did that take? My husband watched has the son whilst I scrapped. Thank you for pointing me the right way in the site. Still trying to figure things out Can you tell? Thank you again.

galoosh
Veteran
galoosh

I LOVE Color Blocking:) I got a couple of templates that help the arranging process, but mostly I just go at it and see what happens. I think I might have a couple in my Gallery. Nope, just checked...some are 'sorta' color blocking, but not really. I'll have to post some:) There...added Pumpkin Carving...little out of the box for Color Blocking, but there it is:)

Pumpkin Carving By Galoosh

I love the 'use up the itty bitty scrap' benefit that comes from all those blocks:)

BTW...Just add water is adorable! Great job!

Edited by galoosh on 05-05-10 05:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

• newazscrapper Said:
How long did that take? My husband watched has the son whilst I scrapped. Thank you for pointing me the right way in the site. Still trying to figure things out Can you tell? Thank you again.

Your LO turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing!!

ddaly60
Veteran
ddaly60
In response to KayMCee

Your page came out just adorible!!!

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to ddaly60

Thank You soooo Very Much!

I did over complicate things and have found that if I use the 'Zero Hero' as designed it is not as difficult. I am pretty much complete with page 2 of the one above. HURRAY!

kara0622
Tenant
kara0622

I actually never heard of this technique really like this going to try this. Thank you.

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to kara0622

I have done this...but did not know it had a name. I am sure I did it to just use up scraps. Mine never look all that great.

Yours is fabulous. It is so pretty.

Tiffany

mom2tayandbay
Resident
mom2tayandbay
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Personally, I love it. I don't see anything wrong with your spacing.
I had heard the term color blocking, and thought that I had done one LO of it, but now that I see yours... Nope. Now I need to give that a try to use some scraps!
Where was that tutorial?

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Thank You Tiffany! I am in the process of fixing the dates on the second page of the LO but will be done soon and have it posted by tonight. Second time around, was a snap! I used the Deja Views - Zero Centering Ruler - 18 inch, yes, works as designed. Boy did I feel dumb...again! As soon as I relaxed it was a snap.
This is the video that got me started: Link

I'm so happy I did the second one and got over the panic factor. I think the next one (Yes, I will do another! yippy!) will be even easier!
Products Referenced in This Post:

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to kara0622

Hi Kara!

I had just replied to Tiffany and You might want to take a quick peek at it. I referenced a few things that will help an awful lot when you attack the Color Blocking LO! I'm sure you'll do a great job! Let me know when you got it posted!

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to ddaly60

okay finally here is the second page. I forgot this weekend is mom's day and had to make a card, write a poem and hope that my dad does not start to critique it.

yipp yipp and yahoo!! This layout is officially done

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics