Page 2 of 69 
Username Post: New Mommies Group!!        (Topic#1534561)
Pookahbot
Governor
Pookahbot
In response to lovestoscrap3000

my greatest fear in life is that something bad will happen to my kids. i make myself crazy thinking about it!!

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to Pookahbot

i know genie - they are so precious aren't they. hard to believe something bad could happen to them.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks

Happy Sunday, Mommies.

Jessica, you need to update your siggy!!

taeklund
Governor
taeklund
In response to Lycosparks

I am so excited to finally be able to join you ladies! Reagan Marie was born via c-section at 9:54 on May 14. I am so glad we decided to go with the c-section because although she was not nearly as large as we originally thought and I might not have had 4th degree tearing like I had with my first, she cord was wrapped around her torso and she would have went into distress when coming down the birth canal. My first daughter Kadence was almost 9 lbs so with Reagan only being 6 lbs 9 oz I am constantly amazed at how tiny she is. Because I expected a large baby I had bought only two newborn outfits and the rest 0-3 months. Even the newborn stuff is huge on her so my friends are out getting me a premie outfit for her to wear home from the hospital. She is doing quite well though and eating great! Excited to take her home tomorrow. Here are a few of the pics my friend took...http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2#!/album.php?aid=2068204&id=12 10112915&ref=mf

Edited by taeklund on 05-16-10 12:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to taeklund

Yay! Welcome, Anne, to the new mommies group! So happy for you, and glad to hear that you and baby Reagan are doing well! She's beautiful!

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

Congrats Anne!

Joey's given me a rough day today... He really hasn't had his afternoon nap. He's only been sleeping maybe 20-30 minutes, and if he falls asleep on me while nursing, once I move him, he's awake again. Just a losing battle today for me to get anything done. My grandmother flies in for a week on Thursday, and I'd at least like to get the bathroom and kitchen cleaned... And hubby gets back on Fri or Sat from work, and I need to clear up some of "his" areas that I've otherwise taken over in his absence with baby stuff.

Sorry. This has probably been the worst day I've had with him. And it's not even a bad day. It's just that all he's pretty much done is cry and eat...and the only reason I'm getting to write this now is that he's laid out on my chest. Not asleep (which is kinda good at this point so maybe he'll go to bed early), but he is quiet and just kind of hanging out.

Oh...high note! Yesterday I caught him picking his head up off the floor while on his tummy. He got it a good inch or two up several times in a row. Growing too fast...

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to CMLeach

Welcome Anne Congratulations!!

Chris ~ I’m sorry you have had a rough day. Those happen and they are sucky. Zachary goes through a fussy period at night time before bed and nothing seems to satisfy him. He will eventually latch onto his bottle and pass out. But beforehand it is very nerve wracking.

Tomorrow, I start back to work. I am sad. I know I have to go back to work but I will miss my baby. My hubby will be home with him tomorrow and then Tuesday he starts his first day of day care. Oh my gosh I am gonna bawl so bad that day! My fear is that he will wake up from a nap at daycare and wonder who this stranger is and where did my momma go? It is a great daycare and all but – not home, you know?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lauri ~ I need to update my siggy but for some reason can’t figure out how too! Ha. I forgot how to go in and update it..if you can tell me id be grateful!

lossy
lossy 
Guru
lossy
  • lossy on 05-16-10 06:23 PM

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
Welcome Anne Congratulations!!

Chris ~ I’m sorry you have had a rough day. Those happen and they are sucky. Zachary goes through a fussy period at night time before bed and nothing seems to satisfy him. He will eventually latch onto his bottle and pass out. But beforehand it is very nerve wracking.

Tomorrow, I start back to work. I am sad. I know I have to go back to work but I will miss my baby. My hubby will be home with him tomorrow and then Tuesday he starts his first day of day care. Oh my gosh I am gonna bawl so bad that day! My fear is that he will wake up from a nap at daycare and wonder who this stranger is and where did my momma go? It is a great daycare and all but – not home, you know?

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lauri ~ I need to update my siggy but for some reason can’t figure out how too! Ha. I forgot how to go in and update it..if you can tell me id be grateful!

Baby normally do great with daycare when they start this young. day 3 is harder BUT REMEMBER you can call and check on him when you need need too. Hugs

Lycosparks
Mayor
Lycosparks
In response to lossy

Chris, Adele is the same way. She will fall asleep after nursing, and then as soon as I try to put her down in her cradle or crib, she becomes wide awake! Very exciting that Joey is picking up his head a bit already! Fast learner.

Jessica, I can only imagine how hard today must be for you! Hoping your return to work goes smoothly and that Zachary is content at his daycare. Oh - and to update your signature - scroll over the Forums tab, click on Control Panel, and then click on Signature from the menu on the left-hand side.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

Add me!!!! I definitely need to catch up. Today is my first day back at work! WAAAA!!!

I had a boy, Casey Everett on March 11, 2010.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to scrappinmonkey

one word: exhausted.

all is going well..ill update later when im not so tired!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
Oh no, I never wake mine up to feed. I did that once and regretted it - he cried and cried and wouldn't go back to sleep. He wakes up to let me know when he's hungry so that's what I go by. Seems to work that way for me, but it's different for everyone. Normally, he eats a 6oz bottle before he goes to bed so that normally holds him awhile.

I agree that they definately go through growth spurts. At around 1 month Zachary was eating constantly and could not seem to get enough..im always worried that Im not feeding him enough but oh does he let us know if he wants more!

For those of you formula feeding..what brand formula are you all using? I'm using Similac Sensitive..

We feed on demand and I'm using Enfamil Premium with Lipil!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
hey all you mommies just checking in..zachary had his shots on monday and he is 13pds 2 oz!! A BIG boy..

I feel so tight with you since our boys are so close in age. Casey had his shots on monday and he's up to 13lbs 7oz! I've got a porker! The kid has made up his low birthweight of 6lbs 2oz.

How much did Zachary weigh again? How did he do with his shots? Casey cried, but did really well. I did have to give him generic tylenol afterwards because he was uncomfortable and had a low fever.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

• Lycosparks Said:
How is everyone doing today?

And here is a personal question: how are everyone's hormones, or, how were they in the first couple weeks postpartum? I hate to admit it, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the responsibility of taking care of Adele, and the permanence of her. Can anyone else relate? Does anyone else still feel like she can burst into tears as easily as when she was pregnant??

Man mine were HELL after having Casey. I felt like I didn't contribute anything to my world except feeding Casey... it was rough, I felt worthless and cried a lot, but it did go away.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
genie-i went through a period of being so parnaoid something was going to happen to zachary. i would stand over his crib and cry..

i still worry now but; just less..

I was so scared that Casey wouldn't be able to breath... I'd flip out if I couldn't see him in the backseat of the car with the mirror.

I partly blame the nurses for that in the hospital. They scared me saying that he might have to stay longer because he had lost 9% of his body weight and they would have to do a flop test on him with the carseat. I guess they put the baby in a carseat for an hour to make sure he can keep his airway open and doesn't "flop" around so he can't breath. Then they never did it and released us, so I was a little freaked for a while.

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey

So Casey is 2 months (10 weeks on thursday) and I keep hearing how he should be sleeping through the night... anyone have and tips, or advice on this? My Dr didn't think he was abnormal.

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

• Lycosparks Said:
How is everyone doing today?

And here is a personal question: how are everyone's hormones, or, how were they in the first couple weeks postpartum? I hate to admit it, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the responsibility of taking care of Adele, and the permanence of her. Can anyone else relate? Does anyone else still feel like she can burst into tears as easily as when she was pregnant??

Lauri, you have baby blues. Totally normal. I went through that the first 2 months. Sometimes Hugo would arrive home and he would find me crying with Emilie.

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

• scrappinmonkey Said:
  • lovestoscrap3000 Said:
Oh no, I never wake mine up to feed. I did that once and regretted it - he cried and cried and wouldn't go back to sleep. He wakes up to let me know when he's hungry so that's what I go by. Seems to work that way for me, but it's different for everyone. Normally, he eats a 6oz bottle before he goes to bed so that normally holds him awhile.

I agree that they definately go through growth spurts. At around 1 month Zachary was eating constantly and could not seem to get enough..im always worried that Im not feeding him enough but oh does he let us know if he wants more!

For those of you formula feeding..what brand formula are you all using? I'm using Similac Sensitive..

We feed on demand and I'm using Enfamil Premium with Lipil!

Emilie is on Alimentum since she's 6 weeks old because of severe cramping. I also feed on demand.

Capucine
Idol
Capucine

• scrappinmonkey Said:
So Casey is 2 months (10 weeks on thursday) and I keep hearing how he should be sleeping through the night... anyone have and tips, or advice on this? My Dr didn't think he was abnormal.

Sleeping through the night at 10 weeks old would be abnormal. LOL. 85% of babies do baby nights (5-6 hours in a row) at 3 months and 95% at 6 months. Emilie was sleeping for 3 hours at a time until 3 months old then she started sleeping for 5 or 6 hours at 3 months and 8 hours at 5 months. Now she sleeps through the night and she's 8 months old (8pm to 6am). A good book to understand sleep is this one. It's written by the world leading expert on sleep. In there he says that nothing should be attempted before 12 weeks old. Before then nothing is abnormal as each child is different. Personally, I started applying his method at 6 months old. Before that I thought Emilie was too little and that her body knew what she needed. If she was waking up more often during the night it was always because of a good reason (most of the time hunger due to a growth spurt).

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Capucine

• Capucine Said:
  • scrappinmonkey Said:

Sleeping through the night at 10 weeks old would be abnormal. LOL. 85% of babies do baby nights (5-6 hours in a row) at 3 months and 95% at 6 months. Emilie was sleeping for 3 hours at a time until 3 months old then she started sleeping for 5 or 6 hours at 3 months and 8 hours at 5 months. Now she sleeps through the night and she's 8 months old (8pm to 6am). A good book to understand sleep is this one. It's written by the world leading expert on sleep. In there he says that nothing should be attempted before 12 weeks old. Before then nothing is abnormal as each child is different. Personally, I started applying his method at 6 months old. Before that I thought Emilie was too little and that her body knew what she needed. If she was waking up more often during the night it was always because of a good reason (most of the time hunger due to a growth spurt).

Thank you!!! I thought it was fine too! He's sleeping around 4 hours in a row at night.

Page 2 of 69 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics