Username Post: New Mommies Group!!        (Topic#1534561)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Coastie Wife

Vicki -

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to scraprabbit

I think I'm weird, I couldn't WAIT to go back to work! But DH is home with Ally all day so maybe that makes it easier? I dunno but I do know I'm NOT cut out to be a SAHM.

Vicki - I'm sure it will get easier. Do you have pictures with you? (I know, duh.... )

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to Seaexplore

Yep, tons of pictures and videos on my iPhone. I show them to everyone who looks interested and every one who isn't too

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 02-07-12 02:38 PM

Awe I'm sorry Vicki! I have a friend/co-worker who's having a hell of a time. I have no advice (?) but hugs! It's great you can see him at lunch and nurse!

Tiff, it's not for everyone, plus, I think you enjoy your job, right? I hated working, always have...but there were times when I wished I was going back. I'd see dh go and come. He's able to go to the gym and ride after work, as stuff on weekends, unwinds after work...I have baby 24/7. I get a 'break' to pee or cook or clean. I had a few meltdowns. Things are better now. lol. Many moms do better working, they get adult time.

New rule 'no you may not chew on momma's computer wires'. Even if you scream. Ah, the leather couch is a better option. We wouldn't want to use the teething toys, now would we?

Last night was MUCH better. She went to sleep earlier (she was tired, I wasn't going to fight her). Slept in her crib 745 to 5am!!!! Up at 5 to nurse, then back in her crib till 730. She was sideways....

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ELynn

Ally's been truning sideways too. Cracks me up!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 02-07-12 07:02 PM

She was never sideways in the pnp... hey, she slept, I slept, all's well.

here's hoping for the same tonight. I need wine and a shower.

Oh, and I love that my camera has a phone. lol. Never knew how handy that'd be. and to think I made fun of it for years...

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 02-08-12 06:19 PM
In response to ELynn

I'm not one to worry or check on dd once she's in bed. I forget the monitor most nights (unless I'm doing laundry or upstairs). I check her before I lay down, that's it.

Last night, I was laying down. I look over at the crib and see blue sticking up over the pink bumper. wth? I get up. dd was laying, on her back, with her hand straight up in the air. Since I can't see through/over the pnp, I have no idea if this is a habit or not. I laid her hand down.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to ELynn

I went to pick up the lil man at daycare yesterday and he was just smiling and cooing away at everyone. He gave me the biggest smile when he saw me and started kicking those little legs. It warmed my heart, but also made me jealous that he was so happy with them. I know that it's a really good thing that he seems to be adjusting well though. He finally took some good naps there yesterday too!!! The best thing of all is that he was awake and happy till bedtime, so I got to spend some quality time with him before he went to sleep. We bathed him and put him down at 8 pm and he slept a 5.5 hour stretch woke up for a "snack," slept another 4 hours, ate and dozed off again!!!! He hasn't gone more than three hour stretches at night with maybe a 4 hour stretch, so that was huge for us. It seems like he may be on his way to establishing his own schedule. He doesn't get any bottles at home anymore, so he eats more frequently at home than he does at daycare since I nurse him whenever he wants. I know last night may have just been a fluke, but it felt like progress. I told DH that I secretly don't want him to start sleeping through the night because I'll really miss that quality time with him. DH told me that the sleep deprivation has made me lose my mind

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Sounds like he's doing well! Yay for sleep! Mine went to bed at 10 and was awake screaming at 3:30. I finally went and got her at 5 to feed her. Yes, bad mom for letting her cry. I need sleep!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Yeah, I spoke to soon on the sleep. I took him out of town to meet his great grandparents this weekend and now he's all messed up. He was up till 1:45am this morning wanting to play and then up every two hours after that eatting. I was soooo lucky with that week of longer stetches, but now I feel like a zombie!!! To top it all off, we're going to the peds for his two month shots in a few minutes. Oh joy, it's going to be another great night!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Vicki did the docs tell you to give baby tylenol after shots? It helped Ally for the 2 & 4 month ones. She got 6 month ones yesterday and was wired up last night even after the tylenol! I finally just let her cry at 9:20 and she was out by 10 and just woke up at 5:30.

My little peanut is 25.25" and 13lb 9.8oz. 50%ile for height and head but only 10%ile for weight. She's SUPER active tho and DH and I were both bean poles growing up.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

They suggested not to give him tylenol unless he was running a fever afterwards. I cried more than he did. He was so happy and smiling right before they gave him the shots. I think that upset me more because he was so happy and didn't know that he was about to get hurt. I bawled!!! He slept for three hours or so when we got home. Then he woke up, nursed and was fine. Then all of a sudden at about 9:15 he started screaming bloody murder. He's never done that before. He screamed for maybe 30 min. and then had periods where he'd fall asleep on me and then wake himself up with a hiccup and scream again for a few minutes. It was awful!!! My child has never been much of a cryer, so it rocked my nerves. He finally fell asleep and then woke up happy around 1am for him nightly "snack" and then went back down again. I had to wake him this morning to get him ready for daycare and he was happy and cooing again. I guess we're lucky because the most he's cried before this was maybe a few minutes at a time. I have no idea how people deal with a colicky baby. I was crying and shaking with him, which I'm sure made him more upset and the whole episode didn't even last more than and hour or so. I think I'll give him the tylenol afterwards next time. Whew, I'm soooo glad that's over!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Yikes! That makes me glad that my doc suggests Tylenol BEFORE the shots!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Ok, so I'll give tylenol to him before the shots next time then. That's a good idea. He was my sweet little man again yesterday and woke up smiling this morning. Thank goodness!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I give it to her RIGHT after them. Then boob. Calms her right down.

Ally decided 3:45 was an appropriate time to scream for 15 min. The she slept until 4:45 when she screamed again but this time I got up to feed her. Gonna take a shower for work in a few min. Hopefully she'll go back to bed. Otherwise DH is gonna have a VERY long day.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Nate's been getting up in the middle of the night too. But I'm pretty sure he hit a growth spurt a couple weeks ago, and then this weekend he got 3 teeth all at once (with another one swollen). So I'm sure that's been messing with his sleep.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Aww... Poor little man!!! Thats a lot of teeth at once.

E is running a fever tonight. He was only a little fussy and still went to bed by 8. We'll see how long he stays asleep though.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 02-17-12 05:54 PM

• scraprabbit Said:
Yikes! That makes me glad that my doc suggests Tylenol BEFORE the shots!

I really wish docs would get on the page...I was told Tylenol BEFORE makes the vax's less effective?! I don't even have any. I was looking, but no idea how much to give, if we need it for teething, it says ask pedi.

Sarah, what do you use for teething?

• Coastie Wife Said:
Aww... Poor little man!!! Thats a lot of teeth at once.

E is running a fever tonight. He was only a little fussy and still went to bed by 8. We'll see how long he stays asleep though.

lol. I need sleep. I thought you were addressing me...I was like...no i'm not...

Tiff, dd was up 3-5am the other morning. she's lucky she's so darn happy and cute. No crying though, just babbling away. I lay her on her gym and curl up on a big blanket next to her. She has feet. She's happy.

She's still going down earlier, so I guess that works. I haven't seen much in regards to the 4 month growth spurt. 3 month wasn't fun.

had her 4 month appt. Little bit isn't so little...lol. She's in 6 month clothes, has been for a bit. Her 3 month pants are too short. Her 3-6 month dresses are too short (so I put pants on and call the dresses shirts). No idea how she's tall. doc says 'I don't ask, I just measure' lmao. Figure she better enjoy being tall while she can, it's not going to last (both families are a bunch of shorties).

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ELynn

Just spent the last little bit steaming, boiling, and baking food to puree for Nate. He loves squash - neither dh or I really eat it. One squash makes a LOT of baby food! Made apples/applesauce and chicken too. I wasn't sure how to make "baby" meat - so I just pureed it with a bit of rice cereal/milk. We'll see how that goes tomorrow. He hasn't had meat yet.

He also today decided to be a traveler. He doesn't crawl yet (just turned 8 months), but today he started rolling over and over in the same direction and moved all the way across the long part of the living room. He thought it was great fun. Then he'd pivot and roll perpendicular. Guess I better finish baby-proofing that room....

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ELynn

• ELynn Said:
Sarah, what do you use for teething?

Do you mean med's or...? When we can tell he's in pain and/or he's not able to take the bottle without crying we give him Tylenol. We got a sheet from the doc that tells us how much to give (it's per weight, not age). I can scan it and send it to you if you'd like.

Other than med's we just give him stuff to chew on - the teethers you put in the fridge, or just the gummy type teethers. Today he put the teether in MY mouth. He'll put his paci in my mouth too. He's such a silly kid. He's fascinated with mouths now. If you make silly noises he'll just stare at your mouth and touch it to try to figure it all out. He's really getting more and more curious about different sounds - he was eyeing the vacuum and dishwasher today, trying to figure them out.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics