Page 67 of 69 
Username Post: New Mommies Group!!        (Topic#1534561)
scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Seaexplore

Ok, Tiffany - we need to get our kids together. Ally can teach Nate to eat lots of food (and to stop being so dang picky!!) and Nate can teach Ally to sleep in and take naps.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to scraprabbit

Deal!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Ethan has had two 1.5 hour naps already today!!! Granted we were out at hubby's triathlon and he was being pushed all over the place in the stoller for the first nap and then fell asleep in the car for the second, but they're naps just the same.

I can't wait to start feeding Ethan sushi and all my other favs!!! DH and I love all kinds of food, so we hope that Ethan won't be a picky eater.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Coastie Wife

BAD SLEEP for all in this house these days! She was up for the day at 3:30 this morning. Tried nursing in bed, that lasted a half hour. DH put her back in her bed and she cried for a few minutes then passed out for a half hour and was back up. My DH was kind enough to get up with her. Today, DH and I are DRAGGING but Ally's all smiles and crawling all over the place. I hope to GOD it's a quick growth spurt and we're back to our decent sleep soon. I cannot get up at 3:30 when I have to work!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Uggg, it's rough when they go through a growth spurt. How in the world did we make it through the newborn days? I can't imagine going back to feeding every two hours around the clock like it used to be. Now I think I'm dying when the little man wakes up early, lol.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

Back to good sleeps.

I can do the newborn stage one more time. That's it, tubes tied after c-section.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Going in for Nate's weight-check today. Wish us luck!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Lol Tiffany, I said the same thing to DH the other day. I'll do it one more time, but tubes tied after the next c-section! I love being pregnant and I love being a mommy, but I did not love those first two months. Totally worth it, but only one more for me

Good Luck Sarah & Nate!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Nate's still in the 3rd percentile for weight. Dh and I both went and I admit I got a little bitchy. She's saying that since his weight and height weren't BOTH dropping percentiles, she's ok right now. Then she told me about another baby she saw that had failure to thrive that died. Um....why are you telling me this?? I think it was her way of defending freaking us out over his weight. He's not diagnosed with failure to thrive, but that's what she was keeping an eye on.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Sarah, does she want you all to go in for extra weight checks? I'd be pissed if they told me not to worry and then turned around and told me about a baby who died! I'm stressed enough about mine being in the 14th %.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

This was an extra weight check. We had the 9 month well-baby check, then a week later she called me and asked if I'd mind bringing him in an extra time before his 12 month check. So this was that extra one - he's 10.5 months now (17 lbs 12.7 oz). We'll see her again in 2 months.

The baby who died had some kind of neurological or muscular thing (who would have died anyway she said), but she didn't catch it right away and it was after referring the baby to a pediatrician (she's just a family doc - we'd have to travel further to get a pediatrician) that they figured out why that baby had failure to thrive.

She was also concerned about him not meeting his milestones. He's been in the longer range (but not red-flag range) for the gross motor skills and just started REALLY crawling lately, but he's been on time/ahead on the fine motor skills, chewing food, communicating, etc.

I apparently was slower on the gross motor skills too (10.5 months before I pulled myself up, 16.5 months for walking), so I guess that really doesn't concern me at all since he's obviously progressing.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

And tooth #8 is working its way through too...so eating is more of a challenge when that hurts!

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

Poor baby! Teething is not fun!

We still get together with most of the couples from our labor & delivery class. It's so fun to get all the babies together and take pictures of them. We have 6 babies in the group who are all within two weeks of each other. Anyway, all the babies are so chunky and my little E is so small next to all of them. It just makes the whole weight issue that much worse to always be around big healthy babies. Especially when the other mommies are always making comments about how little he is. DH and I are small people, but it still bothers me.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Vicki - Is Ethan breastfed? My doc also told me a story about how a little girl (breastfed) was in the 3% for weight until about age 2-3 or so. Then she just grew right up! That couple's next baby was a chunk from the start - 9 lbs at birth and was never small.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

We were at a bridal shower a few weeks ago and there was a 6 month old there bigger than my 8 month old! Her mom was smaller than me, her dad was smaller than my DH. The baby's feet were a bit longer than Ally's too! I felt like I had a scrawny kid! Both babies are breast fed too. My Ally is just a petite kid. She's still wearing 3-6 mo pants and will be 9 mos next friday! The doc didn't seem concerned at her 6 mo visit and she doesn't go back until her 1 year visit.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-04-12 06:39 PM

• Seaexplore Said:
We were at a bridal shower a few weeks ago and there was a 6 month old there bigger than my 8 month old! Her mom was smaller than me, her dad was smaller than my DH. The baby's feet were a bit longer than Ally's too! I felt like I had a scrawny kid! Both babies are breast fed too. My Ally is just a petite kid. She's still wearing 3-6 mo pants and will be 9 mos next friday! The doc didn't seem concerned at her 6 mo visit and she doesn't go back until her 1 year visit.

I have a chunky monk. You went at 6 then not till 1 year? Everyone here has a check up at 9 months.

She loves food as long as she can feed herself. Not fond of bananas or peaches, but most other stuff she'll eat, when she wants to eat.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-04-12 06:44 PM

• Seaexplore Said:
Mine decided that yesterday's wake up was 3:30. This morning it was 2:45. Um, I need sleep!

She enjoyed 3 pieces of California roll last night at sushi. Ate it all - eggs, rice, sea weed, crab, avocado, cucumer.

Tiff, dd had two night where she wanted to play at 5am, but no noticeable growth spurt at 6month or sleep regression.

dh would flip. I'm not sure he'd share. lol. I bought avocado for dd today, dh ate the whole thing, she got one bite. I'm slightly pissed. I think I'll snag her a roll next time. I need more finger food ideas.

Vicki, your dh does tri's? Dh's first try was the half iron man. He's a bit crazy though.

Tiff, does Ally crawl? DD started sleeping better once she started crawling, she's napping better! As in, I can predict nap times. Maybe there's hope?

I want two more. lmao. From one to three. I'm crazy. I LOVE this. But not now. Well, I'd be ok with now, but I couldn't keep with dd running around, I was way too tired when pregnant and I don't want to get pregnant till I'm finished bf'ing.

• scraprabbit Said:
Nate's still in the 3rd percentile for weight. Dh and I both went and I admit I got a little bitchy. She's saying that since his weight and height weren't BOTH dropping percentiles, she's ok right now. Then she told me about another baby she saw that had failure to thrive that died. Um....why are you telling me this?? I think it was her way of defending freaking us out over his weight. He's not diagnosed with failure to thrive, but that's what she was keeping an eye on.

Scary! And I'll slap her for you! omg. really? I guess didn't realize he was little, I have no idea how they figure some of that stuff out.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to ELynn

E - Ally is crawling, pulling herself up and standing for 10-20 seconds on her own not holding on to stuff. She's going to be walking before July 4th I'm pretty sure! YIKES!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ELynn

Yep, he's little! He's 10.5 months and still wearing 6-9 and 9 month clothes! But he's not sickly or anything - totally healthy and active and happy - just a little peanut.

In other news.... today was my last day using daycare! Home for the summer with my Natey-Nate until the end of August!!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I've got 14 more days of work until I'm off till mid August. Looking forward to the summer with Ally but I know I'm NOT cut out to be a SAHM so I'm a little worried I'll be bored. I do know I'll be ready to go to work in Aug if I'm bored.

Page 67 of 69 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics