Page 69 of 69 
Username Post: New Mommies Group!!        (Topic#1534561)
Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to Seaexplore

Oh my, that'll be a story to tell someday

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Coastie Wife

My baby is almost 8 years old now. Just stopping by to share a lovely blog post on pregnancy and body image. http://the-neff-family-bl og.blogspot.com/2012/02/my-sha...

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Karen B

My morning so far...

Nate chews on his blanket - today it came out of his mouth all bloody (teething - this molar has been bleeding for a few days off and on) and he's almost ready for his nap so I can't put it in the wash yet, because it's his special blankie that he NEEDS.

Then I walk into the living room to find spit up all over the off-white carpet - almost dried. YUK! Must have happened early this morning when he was playing before breakfast - not sure how I missed it.

Being a mom is really gross sometimes.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to scraprabbit

lol...yes, being a mommy is VERY gross sometimes!!!

Ethan is cutting his first tooth right now. I can feel it, but it hasn't broken through yet. I'm not looking forward to the molars!!!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 07-27-12 06:31 PM

HI. How's everyone?

TIFF, lmao at ally with the lizard! DD ate a leaf. I found out when she spit it up. Mom fail. lmao.

I LOVE the samples at the store. Great way for dd to try new stuff, without me having to buy it. I can give her fresh fruits and veggie and all kinds of other stuff. The ladies are used to me now, but at first I was offered a plain cracker...ummm I want the good stuff!

About TWO months too late:
"Elynn, when did you start giving your LO food? I'm interested in BLW, but I'm not sure how to know when to start.

I think it's awesome that your DH just jumped right into the marathons and tris! Most people can't do it even with training, they just don't have the mental edge to get through it."

I started at 6 months. I failed at waiting. I had grand ideas about waiting. I failed. There was fresh homemade salsa and mango...ooo and yeah. I DID wait till like 8 months before giving meat and dairy. She LOVES meat. I give her veggies first, THEN meat. Otherwise, she just eats meat.

She pretty much eats anything. A few things she still rejects.

Dh's is a bit crazy. I didn't know about training or that they were 'hard' lol. I was waiting for dh to finish one and one mom was talking about her kid who was running, she asked me how long dh trained...I said 'umm what? he's ran twice since Nov, which was his last one...'. I had no idea. I mean, I CAN'T run, but...lol.

dd doesn't have an attachment item yet, unless my boob counts.

I hate teething. I think it should be veto'd. BUT it has gotten better.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to ELynn

We've been battling sickness/ear infections. Ethan has had a bad cold, two ear infections, and pink eye (twice) this month. He just finished his second round of antibiotics and spiked a fever last night. I am sooooo over my baby being sick!!!! He didn't eat for 4 days and I thought I was going to loose it. He must have hit a growth spurt after that though because we couldn't feed him enough for about a week. Top that all off with the teething and it's been a rough month!

Even with being sick he's now scooting all over the place, pulling up on everything and has stood on his own for a few seconds at a time. He cruises the furniture too. I fear we're going to have an early walker

Edited by Coastie Wife on 07-30-12 03:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

So I need some "mommy advise." I have LO in daycare 4 days per week. I've known the owner of the daycare and his "teachers" for years and I feel comfortable with his care. He seems to thrive there and we're overall very happy. The only problem we've really had is that he's been sick now for over a month. It's been one virus after another and ear infections, pink eye etc. DH has tons of sick time and I have non left because off maternity leave. He's had to be the one to take off work. We have a friend that we met in our labor and delivery class that is a nanny. She wants to leave the family she's with and has offered to watch our son. We've become quite good friends with them and she's a wonderful mom to her son (who is 8 days younger than ours). She's in the process of getting her masters in early childhood development and had worked in childcare for a number of years. I don't know if I should accept her offer. It would be cheaper and I know she'd do a great job, but DH and I have mixed friendship and business before and we've been burned. We're also concerned because we love the reliability of daycare. If she and/or her son were sick or if they decided to take vacation we don't have anyone in the area who could fill in for us, especially at a moments notice. Any advice?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Oh. Dear. God.

Nate's molar FINALLY broke through and he slept good last night for the first time in a couple weeks. Darn thing bled a week. Guess what? Another molar is now swollen and purple. Here we go again!!!

Vicki - I really don't know what to tell you. It sounds like both options are good for different reasons. Does your current daycare take drop-ins? Like if you went with the nanny and she was out sick? That might be something to look into.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 08-02-12 11:37 AM

Vicki, dd took her first steps at 7.5 months. Then by 8 months was walking across the room. By 9, stopped crawling all together. Once she started pulling up...it was game over.

If I put her down at the library or somewhere, she's off! She can now reach table tops so those are all cleared off.

She currently has my measuring cups, the diaper box and clean diapers...she takes them for a walk around the house, then puts them up...I really have no idea what she's doing!

Sorry to hear he's sick. You have a valid concern with the nanny. I'd talk with the nanny and see what happens if she's sick, vacation days and all that. If she'll be in your home, then you'll save time not doing pick up/drop off. He's less likely to keep getting sick as well. And will have more one on one attention. I'd go for the nanny, personally.

Sarah, I'm not looking forward to molars!!! She's currently not teething. The first time in like 3 months I can say that.

Tiff, how's your summer home with Ally? Any big plans for her birthday?

Edited by ELynn on 08-02-12 11:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife
In response to ELynn

Ethan is finally well, other than a lingering cough!!! I'm so paranoid that he'll get sick again. July was a brutal month!!!

I'm leaning toward leaving E in daycare, just because I've known the owner and his "teachers" for years and he's really doing great there. The nanny situation has so many positives, but the few negatives are biggies. I am going to talk to her (the nanny) about sick/vacation days as well as a few other concerns I have. I'm just not ready to make the decision yet. It's sooo hard when it concerns your child. I just want to do what is best for him.

Sarah, teething is no fun!!! Hope those new molars come in quickly this time!

ELynn, I bet is was soooo cute seeing your LO walking around at such a young age. Ethan is very very close. He's starting to get confident with standing on his own and cruising the furniture etc. I'm looking for those first steps any day now. He'll be 8 months old next week. Time is flying by!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

And.....we're officially (finally!) mobile over here. Nate will be 14 months on Wednesday. I was sooooo hoping he'd walk before I went back to teach in the fall. I didn't want to miss it with him in daycare. I go back next week.

Coastie Wife
Pro
Coastie Wife

YAY Nate!!!!

LeeCee
LeeCee 
Resident
LeeCee
In response to lovestoscrap3000

Hello i would like to join Alicia (LeeCee) I have two boys
Troy 9/17/98