Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: What kind of Die Cut machine should I get?        (Topic#1534579)
mamaolie
New Kid On the Block
mamaolie
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Thank you all for your responses. This gave me a great place to start. I will be doing some research and see if I can find a few to demo first.

Thanks - tracy

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-18-10 05:53 PM
In response to mamaolie

Let us know what you decide!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to LeeLo

i have the slice and the sidekick and like them both

Resident
In response to southern lady

Slice!! I've had mine since they first came out, and it is great! Somebody said that after awhile the cuts go wonky...that is just the charge winding down. I use mine plugged in. If that's not possible at a crop, I have always been able to find someplace to plug it in, then when I need a cut I bring it to the table. Then I plug it back in when I'm done.
If it's fully charge I don't have a problem with wonky kuts.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to mamaolie

The Cricut Expression machine and the Sizzix Big Slot.

With the Expression you should also get Sure Cuts a Lot 2. With that program you can use just about any computer font out there. You can also turn jpg files into cutting files. Also there are TONS of SVG files out there that will allow to expand your creativity to a new galaxy!

The Sizzix Big Shot is universal system that cuts and embosses. As far as manual die cutting systems this is the only one you will need. All of the other dies from the other manual die cutting systems out there. You can use all of the dies and embossing aides from Quickutz, Cuddle Bug, Spellbinders as well as the Sizzix original dies.

From what I have read that Spellbinders work just like the Big Shot. I do not have the Spellbinders System, but the die plates come with instructions for the others as well.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to mamaolie

• mamaolie Said:
Thank you all for your responses. This gave me a great place to start. I will be doing some research and see if I can find a few to demo first.

Thanks - tracy

If you can somehow get to a Scrapbook Expo there will likely be vendors there with all of the machines and you should be able to try them out. hth and good luck!!

LSscrapin
Tenant
LSscrapin

I also vote for the Cricut Expression and Sure Cuts A Lot. Again - as someone said before me - I love the various cartridges for simplicity and the time element but when I feel more creative the Sure Cuts A Lot allows you to create anything you want.

Cathylt63
Tenant
Cathylt63

I vote for the cricut expression for cutting and the cuttlebug for embossing. Those are my two favorite tools.
Products Referenced in This Post:

nicole_savannah
New Kid On the Block
nicole_savannah

I love my Slice!!!!

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to nicole_savannah

Cricut Expression -- love it!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to mamaolie

Cricut Expression. Big enuf to tackle any size project and the carts available are endless!

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics