Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Show me your flower storage!        (Topic#1534593)
scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls

I'm looking for a great way to store my flowers where they'll be easily accessible for me to use. Being able to store smaller ones and larger ones together would be a huge bonus! I'd love to see some ideas. Thanks!

TexasMomOf4
Queen
TexasMomOf4
In response to scrappingmommyof2girls

Here is how I store mine. I keep the flowers in ziplock type storage baggies of various sizes (like you get in the jewelry section of HL). My 4+" flowers I keep in ziplock snadwich baggies. The container they are in is about 12" long, 7" wide and 5" high (saw this same container at HL last week).

POD 4-20 By TexasMomOf4

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to TexasMomOf4

Here is an idea I borrowed from my friend Brenda (and others at my LSS). You can use whatever size baggies required. I have three of these: one for large, one for medium, and one for small flowers. I love it!

Flower holder By Kanary

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to kanary

Here is how I have mine

Scraproom #14 By Lilmrmaid

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 05-11-10 01:47 PM

I don't have a picture yet, but I have mine in the making memories large jars. I can fit all sizes of flowers and alot of them in each jar. I have them sorted by color.
Products Referenced in This Post:

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Hev

• Hev Said:
I don't have a picture yet, but I have mine in the making memories large jars. I can fit all sizes of flowers and alot of them in each jar. I have them sorted by color.

Same here.

I've tried just about every way. But, in the end, clear jars, sorted by color seem to be the solution for me!

Best Of Luck!

{F - Flowers} By KellyCali

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to KellyCali

Don't have too many flowers. But they are stored in a plastic shoe box.

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I store mine in the jars the type you would preserve jam in .. you can buy 12 at the grocery store for around $8.. sorry I dont have a pic yet

mom2tayandbay
Resident
mom2tayandbay
In response to stephie056

I do the jars as well. I found big ones like the making memories ones at the dollar store. I'll go take a pic.

Darlene

JeepMama-Ar
Expert
JeepMama-Ar
In response to mom2tayandbay

I don't have a picture of mine either, but they are plastic jars that peanut butter filled pretzels come... my larger flowers fit in the without being bent too badly. Right now I only have two jars, but I'm waiting on my father-in-law to finish off the one he's working on.

I'm into recycling when I can... smaller flowers are in glass jars that had starbucks coffee in them. You can go see my scrap room for pics of those, I think.

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to JeepMama-Ar

I store mine in little jars that look like mini candy jars from old time stores. I got them at HL for like 75 cents, I think, when they were 50% off. I also have the few colors I have the most of in apothecary jars. What does not fit in there gets put in a plastic box in the closet until I need to reload one of the jars I have out. I do not use flowers all that much, but I have a lot of them. They look so cute and colorful in my room.

Tiffany

mom2tayandbay
Resident
mom2tayandbay
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

Here is my flower storage from Dollar Tree

Flower Storage By Mom2tayandbay

Darlene

Edited by mom2tayandbay on 05-11-10 05:13 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur

I store mine in jars. very pretty!

randasue
Guru
randasue

i store mine in jars too, but i don't have just matching jars. i bought different sizes from the thrift store, and they work great for the different sizes of flowers i have. i have pics in my gallery, but i have sorted them more by color now, so the pics are a little outdated. i also like to have mine out on display casue they look so pretty!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 05-12-10 04:25 AM
In response to KellyCali

I like how you decorated the jars!

chlovr07
Resident
chlovr07
In response to Hev

I also use jars. Mine had iced tea mix in them. I started collecting them last summer...now have lots.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to chlovr07

I got the plastic jars - paper studio or making memories brand - can't remember which - both are about the same. I love it sorted this way. I need to take a pic and post too. I also sorted my buttons and dew drops this way. Looks pretty sitting on my cubes!

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to SmartyPants

Mine are in jelly jars. Just spray painted the lids so they all match.

scrappingmommyof2girls
Idol
scrappingmommyof2girls
In response to MrsSugarBear

Wow, I love seeing and hearing all these awesome ideas! Thank you ladies.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

My friend bought one of those snap closed oarnament boxes. they have dividers in them. she put a different color in each section and its easy to take when you go some where.

Edited by andrea m on 05-12-10 02:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics