Username Post: How do you cover shaped chipboard book?        (Topic#1534611)
idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

Do you just use adhesive or glue or what?

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to idlewoman

I have adhered paper in a couple of different ways. Xyron adhesive, glue stick, spray adhesive. I have found the trick is to put glue on both surfaces, the paper you are applying and the chipboard.

steami
steami 
Idol
steami
In response to idlewoman

I've painted it, colored it and papered it. For the papering, cut a piece of paper slightly larger, glue (or modge podge- which ever adhesive you like best) let it dry, then use an exacto knife to trim. Hru

S.Baker
Idol
S.Baker
In response to steami

I cut my pp slightly bigger then the chipboard then I glue the chipboard (with glue stick,dont use gel glue it will make your pp hard and wavy) making sure the edges are well glued, then stick the pp to your chipboard and use your 'SPEEDBALL' brayor to make sure there is no air bubbles and to make sure is glued evenly, cut the excess pp with your scissors and then use your exacto knife to make sure is nice and straight then use a nail board to make your edges nice and smooth (you know those big ones they're like .99 cents on your local beauty) supply ink the edges and VOILA!!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to S.Baker

• S.Baker Said:
I cut my pp slightly bigger then the chipboard then I glue the chipboard (with glue stick,dont use gel glue it will make your pp hard and wavy) making sure the edges are well glued, then stick the pp to your chipboard and use your 'SPEEDBALL' brayor to make sure there is no air bubbles and to make sure is glued evenly, cut the excess pp with your scissors and then use your exacto knife to make sure is nice and straight then use a nail board to make your edges nice and smooth (you know those big ones they're like .99 cents on your local beauty) supply ink the edges and VOILA!!!

Yes. What she said. I have used Tombow mono liquid glue. A brayer works wonders to help bind the paper to the cover.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to corrie fan

For adhesive I use "Modge Podge"

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Scrapkaty

I usually use a glue stick, for a better "seal" I'd try modge podge if the book is made of sturdy material.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 05-11-10 06:22 PM
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I use Zip Dry and the Basic Grey files.

Leslie Guerrero
Idol
Leslie Guerrero
In response to Rae_M

wet glue and a rolling pin can do wonders...after it all dries a nail filer works fine...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Leslie Guerrero

wet glue like mod podge and a credit card to get those air bubbles out with,,,,,

I have used just my ATG when I don't wnat to seal, tracing the shape of the book, cutting out, and then ATGing really close to the edges and in the middle,,,,then sand those edges so that they are even and flush with the edges of the book,,,

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-12-10 04:23 AM
In response to CommaHolly

I prefer the MS brand of decoupage glue to Modge Podge, as the latter tends to warp my paper. Or maybe I'm not doing it right! But the MS glue worked great for me. Using a brayer is a great idea to roll out the air bubbles.

Also, paint dabbers cover chipboard fabulously well.

Leslie Guerrero
Idol
Leslie Guerrero
In response to IzzyB

yup love the dabber idea, also acrylic paint, distressed inks, glitter etc will do the trick.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Leslie Guerrero

usually when I am glueing a large area, I cover the glued down part with a plain piece of printer paper and rub all over to get the air bubbles out and get a good bond. I don't have a brayer.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics