Username Post: Album Covers        (Topic#1534899)
YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho

I'm making gift albums from my sister's wedding. But... since I bought the albums and the paper at separate times, I ended up with plain white albums and black/ivory cardstock. Any ideas on how to cover my albums (at least partly)?

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-16-10 07:03 PM
In response to YesterdaysEcho

I'm not sure how you would recover a fabric or vinyl album. Not sure what you have. But I have a few of these customizable albums. They're made my American Crafts and are carried online here or you may find them at your local craft store.

abbynormaloh75
Guru
abbynormaloh75
In response to IzzyB

the ones that i have seen are covered in fabric.

take a thin batting and cut to fit scrapbook, then lay fabric over the batting. hot glue it inside the cover of the scrapbook. (btw you need to totally dissemble your scrapbook and do the front cover and back cover separately. also make sure you cover the side piece. just do not use batting on the side piece (like the binding part of the book)

after you have glued the fabric onto the scrapbook take two pieces of 12 x 12 cardstock or even the cardboard backs to a DCWV stack pad. cover that with the same fabric hotgluing the edges to the back.

take the 12 x 12 fabric covered pieces and hot glue them rough side down to the front and back covers to cover up where you hot glued the fabric to them and give it a finished look.

i hope that helps.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to abbynormaloh75

I added a single band of wide ribbon, going top to bottom about 2 1/2" from the opening edge. Then I added 1 large and 2 medium size buttons (with pictures painted on them) to the ribbon. I sewed the buttons on the ribbon and hot glued the ribbon onto the album.

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Fabrics & ribbons sound great, especially for the wedding theme! Thanks for the ideas!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics