Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: help me pick some distress inks        (Topic#1534935)
CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I am finally ready to get some distress inks but I want to start with 3. What are three colors you would recommend to begin with?

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to CorrieW

My all time favorite is Tea Dye.

I love Black Soot as well and I'm really liking Barn Door.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to JayAndXansMom

That is so hard-- just three-- wow--
I think I use aged mahogany, shabby shutters and antique linen the most but those are the colors I work with a lot-- My first ones were antique linen, old photo and tea dye--

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to terrihooper

Hmmmm...I have them all and I don't know how you can pick just three...but I will tell you my faves!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

Thanks you are making it hard, I have a ton of regular inks (around 40 I think), but I want these for the distress techniques. I am surprised there is no blue do you use it often or no? I was thinking of a brown for sure.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
Thanks you are making it hard, I have a ton of regular inks (around 40 I think), but I want these for the distress techniques. I am surprised there is no blue do you use it often or no? I was thinking of a brown for sure.

I have three of the blues- Broken China, Weathered Wood (more of a grey to it) and Faded jeans-- I do use them but they would not be in my most used-- It really depends on what colors you tend to use more in your projects--

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations

I say vintage photo, or walnut stain a good brown
black soot and either broken china (blue) or firedbrick (red) depending on how you scrap but black and brown are a must!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 05-17-10 06:13 AM
In response to ShaylaCreations

I love Walnut Stain because it reads as black when paired with black items, and it reads as a very dark brown with brown items, too. I also LOVE Vintage Photo. I think it's the perfect rich brown. And my other go-to is Fired Brick for sure. I love the vibrant red.

Good luck!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Ami G

I use the browns the most to ink edges, etc. so I would recommend getting a lighter and a darker brown plus a color that you use a lot (for me it would be green).

Edited by kariyava on 05-17-10 06:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Ami G

It depends on what colors you use/like. Personally, I use a lot of these.

lpeeps
lpeeps 
Mayor
lpeeps
In response to Here Kitty

I love the other colors I have but these are the ones I tend to use the most. The frayed burlap is just a nice subtle brown, while the Walnut Stain is very dark. I love the new Rusty Hinge. Beautiful color.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-17-10 07:18 AM
In response to lpeeps

I use Antique Linen on almost every page, just to give a hint of cream color around any white edges. It's very light. I use it on all my journaling blocks or strips and photo mats.
Products Referenced in This Post:

moonpuff
Guru
moonpuff
In response to IzzyB

Antique linen, shabby shutters, and probably vintage rose

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to IzzyB

It was a tough choice but I went with
these. I have 4 black ink pads and couldn't bring myself to get another. I bought some masks and some of his embelishments. Now that I have a little boy at home I need to get away from the girly stuff and my LSS had a 40% off on TH stuff.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 05-17-10 08:01 AM
In response to CorrieW

I use these browns and the linen the most for distressing techniques. But, the new Tumbled Glass color is TO DIE FOR!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to Rae_M

I almost got the tumbled glass, maybe next time. I already ordered the reinkers so its too late to return it thanks for all the help.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to StarsNSparkles

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:
Hmmmm...I have them all and I don't know how you can pick just three...but I will tell you my faves!

The ones she said! You MUST have black soot and walnut stain as your basics and the new Chipped saphire is TO DIE FOR! Picking three is sooo difficult... but once you start you can't stop!

mercytiara
Diva
mercytiara
In response to ScrapperSara22

Although I couldn't pick just 3, I'll tell you I went over a year with only 5 and didn't find I yearned (too much) for other colours (I really liked having one of each of the main colours I use and then I'd use lots for dark colour or a bit for lighter colour):

ETA: lately I've added a pink, a purple and frayed burlap to my collection and antique linen is on my list

Edited by mercytiara on 05-17-10 09:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to mercytiara

The new Tumbled Glass color is AWESOME! I LOVE it! Just used it on this LO!

Happy By JayAndXansMom

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
It was a tough choice but I went with
these. I have 4 black ink pads and couldn't bring myself to get another. I bought some masks and some of his embelishments. Now that I have a little boy at home I need to get away from the girly stuff and my LSS had a 40% off on TH stuff.

Great choices of course you picked 3 of my 4 so I would say that lol!! Hope you have fun!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics