Username Post: How To Use Bazzill Basics - In Stitch'z Collection        (Topic#1534961)
NewbieMom
Expert
NewbieMom

Hello girls.

I brought the Bazzill Basics - In Stitch'z Collection and I tired it over the weekend but the pattern didnt come out right and no way did it look like the word that I was stich'z.

Could not find any good videos on youtube about how to use it so I figured I would ask if anyone knows the right way of how to use it.

Any help would be great.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to NewbieMom

There's really no trick to it. Just make sure you don't move the template as you are poking the holes. Also, use the template as a visual guide rather than a picture. Sometimes I try to follow a "logical" pattern and when it doesn't look right, I find I didn't stay true to the template. Maybe those are tricks! lol

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to johnsusan8

When I am using the letters, I use the other letters on the template to line up the one I am using to make sure it is straight. Plus I use a pencil first. I mark the holes with a pencil to make sure everything is on the page where I want it. Then I punch the holes. If it is a harder design I leave the pencil lines to make sure I am going to the next hole. After everything is the way I want it. Then I erase my pencil marks.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to mindyradio

Hey Mindy, I like your quote in your siggy

Sara - I agree with Mindy about the pencil marks. Some of the designs are a little harder to "see" once you've punched all the holes and remove the template.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Tina scraps

keep working with it! I love them!

kyky
kyky 
Veteran
kyky
  • kyky on 05-18-10 10:13 AM
In response to DivaDana

I don't know this product..could you link it?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to kyky

I don't have these, but think they make a nice touch on a page.

CrabCake729
New Kid On the Block
CrabCake729
In response to NewbieMom

I seem to have trouble with the stitching itself -- I obviously am doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to CrabCake729

As said, mark with a pencil first. Leave the template beside you so you can see the pattern, and use backstitching. It uses more floss but looks much better. If you do not know how to backstitch Wikipedia has a good diagram.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 02-27-11 09:49 AM
In response to rockmom

If the stitching is the issue, it may be that you are trying to use a running stitch and not a backstitch. A running stitch leaves a space between stitches. A backstitch connects the stitches, so that it looks like machine stitching. The templates require a backstitch.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics