Username Post: Album Decorations        (Topic#1535112)
sarah.eevans
Tenant
sarah.eevans

Is it possible to decorate any album cover or are there only certain ones? And if so do you need a cover over it for protection or is it ok unprotected? I am wanting to make my best friend an album for a gift. I want it to be all old looking and would like to use the door handle by tim holtz. Any tips please? Thanks!!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 05-20-10 09:01 PM
In response to sarah.eevans

It depends on how much work you want to do.

Plain chipboard album covers can be bought and modified.

Personally I buy an album I take the cover off and modify it. Ones without a vinyl or plastic coated cover are good.

And the plastic covering is simply to protect the album from scratches. But if you get really elaborate and paint your cover, or glue lots of paper to0 it. There are acyclic varnishes and decoupaging glues that can be used.

And if it's your first time try and do a practice run with your techniques. Nothing like applying the cover and thinking that shouldn't bulge there.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 05-21-10 09:58 AM
In response to Obi

You can modify any album cover with decoupage glue. I actually just did one last night using regular paper and mod podge. I basically made a LO for the cover (sans photos) and put Mod Podge on the album cover, laid the LO I created on top, used an old credit card to smooth it down and then added another layer of Mod Podge on top. I will probably add a few more coats of Mod Podge to it as well.

There are also some albums that are specifically designed to be customized like the ones below.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics