Username Post: taping in the dark        (Topic#1535172)
Tara_13CJ
Veteran
Tara_13CJ

Ok. I feel alittle dumb here, I have 2 mini albums and how do people cut out the shape of the album ????? I see it in mag's. I do not own a cutter, I am too overwhelmed by them. Still new !!
Thank you

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Tara_13CJ

Are you talking about shaped mini albums like these?

Eggstra Fun Mini Album By Homesclscrapper

I just traced the shape of the chipboard on the backside of the paper, and then used a file to make it fit.

lmcnabb
Resident
lmcnabb
In response to Nancy Keslin

Hi

If you mean albums like this (or any shape)

Page 2/3 - Mini Book of Daughter By Lmcnabb
Front Cover Mini Book By Lmcnabb
Mini Book Page 2/3 By Lmcnabb

I glue the album page to the paper. Let it dry and then cut around using a VERY SHARP craft knife - that way you don't have to press too hard on the knife and you are less likely to make a mistake.. I then use fine sandpaper to smooth the edges.

Hope that helps - also try the website of the manufacturer - as I find often they have step-by-step instructions for some products.. :-)

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to lmcnabb

miniYou can also buy the pre-cut albums

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 05-22-10 02:58 AM
In response to SuperAllyFan

Do you mean how do you cut patterned paper in the same shape as a chipboard album?

If the shape is not too intricate, then you could put pp face down, put the chipboard shape over it and trace (on the wrong side of the pp). Then cut out the shape with VERY sharp scissors like Cutter Bees.

Then, (optional) I would use an ink pad to ink around the edges of the pp you cut out. Then use adhesive to put the paper on the chipboard, then a file to trim away any excess. The pp will be a little bigger, as you are tracing a little outside the outer edges of the album. If the pp is a lot bigger, then wait to ink it after trimming/filing.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tara_13CJ
Veteran
Tara_13CJ
In response to IzzyB

Thank you ladies !! This is a big help for me.
Have a great long week end !

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics