Username Post: New Home Scrapbook        (Topic#1535214)
silentwriter
Resident
silentwriter

This is my second year scrapbooking and I have a comment about it.....isn't there anyone out there making a scrapbook for a new home? I haven't found much of anything to look at to help myself out so I have had to improvise on my own! I haven't found much in the stores either. Michaels had a few items but not much. I did find a few sheets of 12x12 paper in a small local scrapbooking store but other than that I haven't found a thing. I wish someone (anyone) would make a scrapbook for new homeowners or at least sell products so that someone like me who is making a "new home" scrapbook can get some ideas and buy some products. I have photographed the home being built from it's beginning. I have saved pictures of my work though it isn't as elaborate as others' works I have seen, but at least it is a sample. Some wonderful people have given me great ideas but other than that I've been on my own!

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to silentwriter

Hi. Check out my gallery, I have new home layouts posted. Have fun and welcome to sb.com.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava

I just completed a bunch of new home layouts. I found some new home embellishments at Michaels/Joann's/AC Moore/Hobby Lobby. Hopefully you find what you are looking for!

Home at last By Kariyava

Moving in to Our New Home By Kariyava

Welcome to our home By Kariyava

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to kariyava

here is one i made of our house being built.

From Land to Grand both pgs By Lamoo12

i hope that helps.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Lamoo12

i also looked up "moving" "house" and "home" separately in the superstore. here are a few things i found.

silentwriter
Resident
silentwriter
In response to kariyava

Your scrapbook is wonderful. Though I am making one for a new home showing the construction from beginning to end. I don't get involved with taking pictures once the homeowners have moved in. You can see some of the pages I recently created on my profile. I redid some of them to make them look better but I am still in the learning process! Thanks so much for sharing your designs and creativity!

Diamond Events by Tiffany

I made a few "new home" pages for our "engagment" album but I do not have them uploaded. I made a lot of my own embellishments although I did find a few "handyman" and "construction" themed things at Michael's, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby.

For embelishments I have used peices of yard stick, measuring tape, and bristles from a paint brush then made the wood and metal handle myself.

Browse thru the hardware store and pick up things you might use for construction, if you are not too worried about acid free.

Here is one I used the paint brush on, the yardstick is actually cut from the pattern paper in this LO, the paper is Karen Foster.

Home Improvement By Diamond Events By Tiffany

silentwriter
Resident
silentwriter
In response to Lamoo12

Your scrapbook page is awesome I loved it...and it gave me a good idea how to decorate mine. Thanks for sharing. Phyllis

silentwriter
Resident
silentwriter
In response to fatwhippet

Thanks for the warm welcome - will check you out!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 05-27-10 06:24 AM

I have a couple pages from when we bought our home.

Our Hearts Are Home By Ami G

Homebodies By Ami G

House Closing By Ami G

As for products, I love October Afternoon's Weathervane collection. Here's a layout I did with it. Love all the little houses!

Home By Ami G

Bella Blvd also makes a great collection that is home-themed, called "Honey I'm Home".

Hope this helps!

silentwriter
Resident
silentwriter
In response to Ami G

Thanks for showing me your lovely pages...they are just beautiful and you give me a lot of insight into my project...however my pictures are of men and women doing actual work on the home i.e. swing hammers, pounding nails, hanging siding, building a roof...so I don't think I can use fancy embellishments on them though I have gotten a lot of good feed back about this and great idea on how to set up my pages. Thanks again for sharing.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 05-27-10 10:48 AM

Ooops, sorry about that. I somehow overlooked the part about the home construction. Good luck with your project, though!

jessicaparker88
Resident
jessicaparker88

I just did a page about my dh building me new shelves for my scraproom and for the embellishments I took pictures of tools, cut them out and ran them through my xyron to make stickers, it turned out pretty cute. I don't have a JoAnn's or a Michael's so I end up making my own stuff a lot. You could also download clip art and type titles or sayings inside the items.
When I did the pages about our last move I did a two-page l.o. with only like 2-3 photos and just typed out the verrrry long story, since it was a memorable one! So my new house l.o. was mostly journaling.
Good luck with your project and new home!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

this may sound strange but also do searches on related items like "trees" "fences". Often you find little homes on those items too.

an idea that I thought would be really cool would be to make a simple house cutout. and make shutters on hinges. The viewer opens the shutters and viola a photo!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics