Username Post: Markers and alcohol pens        (Topic#1535471)
KayMCee
Expert
KayMCee

Since I'm cheap and can't justify the cost of Copics (yet!), I recently purchased the large Zig set.

I know the Copics have a blender pen - does Zig? How do you color to get the same (similar) effects as using Copics? I really don't want my colors to have that 'hard' line to it and wish I could 'blend' it to create a softer edge. I hope I didn't confuse you!

I also have the refillable alcohol pen and the alcohol inks. Has anyone used this to color stamps, etc?

I know, plenty of questions! I'm still learning how to use the countless tools out there! Thanks for your help!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to KayMCee

Because Zig markers are not alcohol based like Copics, you aren't going to be able to get the same blending. With regular markers, when you keep coloring over the same part, it starts to tear up the paper, as it gets too saturated. With alcohol based markers like Copics, that doesn't happen, and the colors can be blended.

I've not used the refillable alcohol pens, so I'm not sure about those.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to KayMCee

They won't work like Copics but you can use a water-based blending pen with them. Zig makes one and I think Tombow makes one. You can Google it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics