Username Post: Keeping Track of Stamps, etc.        (Topic#1535571)
Tenant

This is kind of a spin off of the tips and techniques post - but how do you keep track of the different stamps that you have, or the different punches etc. One of the thoughts that I have had is to create a book of stamps or a book of punches or a book of ink colors, etc. I just have the feeling that i would utilize them more if they were visable and in front of me.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Terri06

Try 6x6/8x8/shaped/chipboard/ mini type albums...

Inventory/Quick-Reference /Catalogs

* Stamps = Stamp Collection Catalog

* Punches/Templates/Tools = Tool Reference Binder

* Diecuts/Shapes/Etc. = Shape/Cart Art Catalog

* Alpha & Number Shapes = Alpha Catalog

etc, etc, etc!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to KellyCali

Plus if you make it small enough you can carry it with you when you shop and not buy duplicates of what you already have.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to NMlady

You can see how I keep track of all of my things here (I have a small A5 notebook and a Rolodex). The notebook contains my Copic list, Stickles, Spellbinders, Inks, etc.

Rolodex Stamp File
Stamp Ink
Stickles
Nestabilities/Spellbinder s

I hope you find it helpful.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to identicaltriplets

I have a little notebook that I keep all my stuff written down (just the bigger stuff I wouldn't want to buy duplicates of) and it fits in my purse to take with me. As far as something on my scrap desk to utilize the stuff more...I don't have nothing like that.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to StarsNSparkles

I have an unused Franklin Planner that I keep for all my supplies. I actually stamp all my stamps into it, categorized like "people", "animals", "flourishes", etc. I have a section for punches where I actually glue a sample of each punch. Other sections I have include Artistic Supplies, such as lists and samples of Stickles, markers, paints, etc. I have a section of favorite websites where I order various things, what tools I have (and order numbers for refills, parts, etc.) I keep the book in my car so I have it for shopping, and only take it in the house to add more items.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to dwelch

I remove my clear stamps from the sheets they come on and put them in cd cases. I take the sheet with the images and tape them on paper, put them on page protectors, and sort them in a binder by type. I can flip through the binder when I'm looking for ideas. My Studio G and other small clear stamps are in baseball card holders in another binder. My rubber stamps are in Sterilite drawers arranged by type. I don't have very many so I can just open the drawers to see what I have.

I keep a small notebook in my purse with my list of Stickles colors, Cuttlebug folders, etc. so I don't buy duplicates.

I'm thinking about stamping all of the images on paper and adding them to my original binder just to make it easier.

Tenant
In response to married05

Thank you all for the different ideas! I'm off to organize!

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to Terri06

I try organizing most things in 3-ring binders and to add to them as I purchase. But, I need to start taking a small notebook with names and colors so I don't duplicate.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Terri06

I keep all of my stamps in binders on EZ Mount Storage Panels which are sorted into categories, such as Alphas, Words & Numbers; Flourishes & Shapes; Birds & Butterflies; Botanicals; Christmas; etc. You can get the storage panels with or without tabs. I usually buy clear stamps in sets. Frequently these sets contain stamps that are categorized differently so I break up the set and file the individual pieces wherever they belong. I also store the acrylic blocks on EZ Mount "pages" in the binders. Like many others who have replied here, I keep lists and sample sheets of the products I use.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to dotfree

i don't have a lot of punches (only 2 border punches) so i don't catalog them. as for stamps, i mostly have clear acrylic stamps and store them in a psb in the dividers along with all my stickers, chipboard, flowers, etc. yet, i am starting to accumlate a lot more of them since the ones i get are pretty inexpensive. i plan on putting them in a 3 ring binder in divided page protectors soon. the few wooden stamps i have i keep in a drawer in a rolling cart with the clear stamp blocks.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I started making a notebook with my stamped images and punches but it got too overwhelming.

Presently, I have my stamps stored in clear plastic boxes and perhaps I should add, by theme, my my punches to the boxes. example: all sports punches and stamps together, all flower punches and stamps together, celebration punches and stamps together.... you get the picture.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to identicaltriplets

• identicaltriplets Said:
You can see how I keep track of all of my things here (I have a small A5 notebook and a Rolodex). The notebook contains my Copic list, Stickles, Spellbinders, Inks, etc.

Rolodex Stamp File
Stamp Ink
Stickles
Nestabilities/Spellbinder s

I hope you find it helpful.

You certainly are organized (went to your blog site and saw your hints)....I'm in awe of your skills and can only hope to duplicate this one day!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics