Username Post: Expedit shelves from Ikea...Idea on storage options?        (Topic#1535625)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I am getting a lot of Ikea Expedit shelves for a late birthday gift from DH. I have seen some pics in the gallery of scraprooms where people have shelves that seem to fit exactly inside them to store paper and there are some with White plastic 3 drawers systems that seem to fit like a glove.

Can anyone share their secrets of what they use in their expedit shelves?

I am getting 2 shelves that are 4 cubes high by 4 cubes wide, 1 that is 2 wide by 4 tall, and 2 that are 2 high by 2 wide. It should be enough for quite a while. Thank goodness my craft room is 13 x 15 feet. I also have 2 closets that I have taken the doors off and put shelves inside.

I can't wait to see this all in place.

Thanks for any and all help.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to PhotobearSam

The shelf and drawer inserts are accessories to the Expedit shelving, so if you're interested, you can buy them at the same time while you're at Ikea or add them on as you start organizing your stuff and see what works best for you.

Lisa

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee
In response to lstory

Yeah I am getting one too and been wondering if I should get shelving now. Been wondering if the inserts that look like drawers really work or just faux.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to JoJorenee

I have the expedit...well the smaller one. I love it. I don't have the shelves and things, but yes, you can purchase them. Enjoy your new system!! It is wonderful!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to momma paparazzi

I have looked at the ones that you can buy at Ikea and I don't like them v ery much. In the gallery, I have seen people who have paper trays set up in theirs to shelve several types of paper....It looks completely different that anything I have seen on the ikea site or the store.

I will see if I can find some pics and show you what I mean.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Like this one....

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

and this one....

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

also the -plastic drawers on the top right shelves of this one...

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

it's really these paper tray (clear plastic) that I just have got to find...

lstory 
Mayor

Do you mean these?

Lisa

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to lstory

• lstory Said:
Do you mean these?

Lisa

OMG...you might be right....Thank you. I have been googling all day and did not come up with these ones....

Now to find a supppliers in Canada....

krispin41
Tenant
krispin41

I went through EVERY pic of the Expedit in the gallery, and if you order the paper trays I am pretty sure you need the LIPLESS trays (http://store.scrapbook.com/dd-st-011.html) and not the ones with the lip.

I have two sets of the drawer inserts and two sets of door inserts for my Expedit. I like them. Just keep in mind that they really limit the internal size of the cube. I have one drawer with all my adhesives, one with all my cutting tools. I just put together my second set of drawers, but I think one is gonna hold my Crop-a-Dile and other misc tools. The door inserts hides my CTMH distressing kit, as well as my Bind it All. The second one is actually accessible from the other side of the Expedit, and I keep my Weight Watchers stuff and Netbook in there. (See below)

Because I live in a one bedroom apartment. I need to keep things neat looking but accessible. I have a 2x4 Expedit next to a 4x4 Expedit to make a 6x4. It actually acts as a room divider as it sits behind my sofa, so I need it look relatively attractive from both sides.

I also have the desk attachment and one of the newest inserts which divides one of the cubes into four sections. I took measurements of these sections and found some fabric storage totes at Bed Bath and Beyond (as well as larger totes that fit in the cubes of the Expedit) that fit inside.

And during my last trip to Ikea I found some banana fiber baskets that fit my CTMH stamps perfectly. I've been keeping the measurements of the cubes and a small tape measurement in my purse so if I see something that may work, I can measure it right then.

Enjoy your new Expedits!!

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady

Oh wow! I just tried to sell 5 or 6 of these stack trays in a garage sale - 10 cents apiece and no one bought them. My friend was going to call Salvation Army to get her garage sale left overs. If she hasn't called yet you can have them. Just pay for shipping.. These are the black 12 x 12 stack trays. I've tried 3 garage sales to sell these and no one wanted them.

Kathy

DesertScrapper
Mayor
DesertScrapper
In response to Katlady

I've just bought a small set of Expedit shelves and am hoping to pack them today ... will post a pic when I am done

Unfortunately, I can't get the plastic paper shelves here so have had to use cropper hopper instead!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Katlady

• Katlady Said:
Oh wow! I just tried to sell 5 or 6 of these stack trays in a garage sale - 10 cents apiece and no one bought them. My friend was going to call Salvation Army to get her garage sale left overs. If she hasn't called yet you can have them. Just pay for shipping.. These are the black 12 x 12 stack trays. I've tried 3 garage sales to sell these and no one wanted them.

Kathy

Let me know....I have a paypal account. I would so love to have them.

Katlady
Veteran
Katlady

She still has them - I just sent you a PM

Kathy

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Katlady

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I love it here already...Such nice people on this site.

SpcMs 
New Kid On the Block
  • SpcMs on 04-02-11 01:56 AM

Hi all,

would any of you know the internal size of the two-drawer insert Ikea is selling for this?
I'm trying to work out how to store my cd's, but I'm afraid the drawers might be to small to put the CD's with their back up (so i could easily browse through them).

Thnx!

Expert

Are these shelves expedit?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics