Username Post: Storing very dimensional layouts?        (Topic#1535695)
Tenant

I know this is silly, but I can't figure out how you might store a very dimensional (example would be one loaded with Prima flowers and lifted butterflies)... can you still put it in a page protector? What keeps it from getting smashed? Any answers or suggestions would be most appreciated! Have a good Holiday Monday.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to bethanyshaw

yes, put it in a page protector, but remember to store your albums standing up and not flat.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to SuperAllyFan

I have that dilemma cuz all I want to do lately is make fat layouts with lots of flowers.
The downside is they take up a lot of space. I bought several American Crafts D ring albums. The page protectors don't seem as tight as in my post bound albums and because of the large rings the pages don't smoosh together. Once I have used the 10 page protectors that come with the album, the album is too full to add anymore so I am getting only 20 pages to an album which is already thicker to begin with due to the width of the spine. I do try to put some flat pages in there too. I store the albums upright. It works fine. But I can only get 4 albums in the same amount of space as 8 regular albums. I don't care right now but I will when I run out of space.
I have also bought several shadow box type frames from Ms that are 12x12.
And also you can hang a wire on the wall across the length of the wall and clip up page protectors holding your pages. I keep meaning to do that.

Jolaine
Diva
Jolaine
In response to dollscrap

Page protectors, and if your albums get chunky, you might want to switch to the 3 ring binder albums by We R Memory Keepers.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to Jolaine

I have the same problem!!! Years ago, I was strictly a Creative Memories user. Which is fine and great. I love their albums and tools. But, when I decided to play with more product on the market, some of my pages have gotten fatter. I can't get the 40 sheets (80 pages) in my albums. I have all CM albums. I really don't want to switch as I like them and want to keep the continuity in my ent. center with all of my albums. Think I need to make less dimension pages!!

katierose87
Expert
katierose87
In response to momma paparazzi

I'm totally worse! I just leave mine in a 12 x 12 box without page protectors and only pull it out when I have company. That way the layouts don't have the weight of an album crushing them. It's worked well but I feel like they should have a more formal setting (album or shadowbox)

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to katierose87

I have all my CM albums on one end of the living room in some bookcases and then have my 3-ring albums on another shelf altogether. I use the leather WeRMemory Keepers ones and LOVE them! I agree, CM is awesome but I'd rather feel free to make the pages I want to make than feel stifled to fit them into an album that is pre-ordained for certain type of layouts.
And I found that the AC and We R page protectors are really roomy as well.

Tenant

Thanks everyone!

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi

Well...months later.. and I have ordered a few more CM books and bought one WRMK book. The dimensional LO's fit in the CM books.. I just can't get as many. I have about 30 LO's in the WRMK book and it is getting maxed out from the fat flowers and layered chip pieces. My problem is where to put all these extra books!!!

JennyChesnick
Resident
JennyChesnick
In response to momma paparazzi

D-rings are the way to go! My really bulky ones I hang on my dining room wall.

You can see that here:
http://mrschez.typepad.com/iamthefamilyreporter/ 2009/05...

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to JennyChesnick

Is that pant hangars you used to hang them? That looks great!

JennyChesnick
Resident
JennyChesnick
In response to flintridgescrapper

• flintridgescrapper Said:
Is that pant hangars you used to hang them? That looks great!

yep they don't damage the layouts.

Thanks!

CroppinCabin
Resident
CroppinCabin
In response to JennyChesnick

Thanks for all of the ideas... I have been doing the CM thing for years, love the CM albums and I do store upright. The new trend seems to be 3D embellies... BEAUTIFUL!!! I would love to incorporate them into my albums, but have been worried about the bulk, you guys have given me the courage to just do it! Thanks girls!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to CroppinCabin

I still use my CM albums, but only get 20 pages x 2 page spreads per album equals 40 pages approx , cause all mine are chunky...

scraptiff
Veteran
scraptiff
In response to DaisyButton

I made my first "bulky" lo over the weekend (and feel I will be making them more often!) and I'd been wondering this same thing! I think I may have to invest in D-rings or something! LOL

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scraptiff

I switched from CM albums to D-rings s few years ago, when my LOs got more dimensional, and I love them.

CroppinCabin
Resident
CroppinCabin
In response to madmatter

I thought about switching albums, but I think I am stuck.... I am OCD about each of my kiddos getting their own album, in their own color, each year, and I wanted them to all match... Started with CM sterling, mulberry and plum. Did several years worth of albums & then CM discontinued my colors. I went ahead and bought the additional cover sets that I would need to finish them thru high school...UGH.... Then CM discontinued the pages & protectors that fit into those albums....GRRRR.... so I bought the number of pages & protectors that I thought I would need to get thru the albums. Now that I have a FORTUNE tied up in albums, DH would shoot me if I changed. Oh, forgot to mention... in my effort to be organized, I went ahead and had ALL the albums engraved, so I can't ebay them. I really do like the CM product, so I guess I will do bulky layouts for variety and because I love them, but I will have to limit the number that I do...

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to CroppinCabin

we are happily very unmatchy in my house

CroppinCabin
Resident
CroppinCabin
In response to madmatter

I am learning the variety can be more interesting than the uniform look that I originally went for... unmatchy would be great with me had I not purchased and engraved all of the albums... You know what they say about the best laid plans.... But....what's done is done, so I am going to have a thankful attitude that albums are bought and I have lots of pages to scrap... a blessing very much worth smiling about!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics