Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: storing m&m's?        (Topic#1535707)
MandyM13
Veteran
MandyM13

I'm scrapping my best friend's wedding and part of her favors were m&ms with the couple's name on them and wedding date. I keep going back and forth about trying to save them. Is there anyway to keep them from getting smooshed, but not being too bulky? Is it completely impractical because it candy that'll go gross? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to MandyM13

you might be better off taking pictures of the candy for a close up and including the picture. or you could use one of those memorabilia pockets to put a few in, but I expect they'd get smooshed/melt/go bad etc and probably not something you want to do.

but what a cute idea for the favors!

ScrappingKitty
Veteran
ScrappingKitty
In response to Tina scraps

I'd try and put a few of them in a clear keepsake pocket. If they get mushed, melted, or otherwise destroyed, I'd just take the pocket off and re-embellish with a picture of the candy.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to ScrappingKitty

I wouldn't keep the actual candy. Food in scrapbooks invites too many problems. You don't want ants crawling all over your scrapbook, for example, or the grease from the candies escaping their envelope. I'd definitely take a photo and scrap that.

Cindy

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to ScrappingKitty

If you really are intent on using the candy, I'd suggest a shaker box, but I personally would use a picture.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to johnsusan8

what if you dipped them in liquid glass then use as an embellishment on the layout???? Just an idea I have never tried.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Brandilynn

I'd be afraid of using something that can go bad like that in a scrapbook. I'd definitely take a pic and use that though.

MandyM13
Veteran
MandyM13
In response to scraprabbit

Thanks guys!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 05-31-10 08:44 AM
In response to MandyM13

yep, i'd take pictures, use a mini glue dot to make them pop.

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to ELynn

I would take a photo to use in the scrapbook hth

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to Jennifer Priest

i also think a photo would be best imo, because they will not last no matter what you do to them seeing as it's food.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to ELynn

That's a good idea. Take a picture, cut out individual M&M's and pop them up.

Maria1955
Tenant
Maria1955
In response to johnsusan8

You can also get the shell of the M&M and cover with dimenitional Magic. The other idea is to take a picture and transfer that to a brad and then you have no problems about gettim smoshed, or ants coming for a feed. Just a thought.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Maria1955

Could you scan a bunch of M @ M's and cut out letters for a title using the scanned candy?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to 950nancy

I tried saving the hard bell shaped candy from my brother's wedding but they got yucky spots all over them.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 05-31-10 04:42 PM
In response to NMlady

I love the painted brad idea. And it would make it so personal.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Obi

Do you have a LSS? They might have the I-Top you could use to make pics of the M&Ms into brads

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to queenofstash

You Just Might Be A Scrapbooker If...

15 years later, you still have a box of M&M's (as well as some lifesavers) from the White House circa Bill Clinton.

Um, note to self, empty out the candy, scrap the box!

For the record, I had them in their own individual & sealed bags. It never even occured to me to actually empty the candy out!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to MandyM13

I say a big NO to using the actual candy in a scrapbook as I have come across two different types of live bugs now in my scrapbooks. And they were just munching on paper & glue.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Eww. eww. eww!

TFS!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics