Username Post: Binders: Which would you choose?        (Topic#1535877)
AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt

We R Memory Keepers has the new one, Binds it all has one, and then there is the ZUTTER BIND IT ALL PINK VER 2, and because I'm just testing the waters, the EK Success Paper Edger.

I'm not sure if I should just jump in or be careful bout what I get and just get a machine?

Binding Beauties, help a gal out?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 06-02-10 03:08 AM
In response to AZscrapnquilt

I don't know about the others, but if you are wanting something to bind a book together, that punch isn't for that. It's just a border punch to make paper look like it came out of a notebook.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to KimKV

yeah, the ek punch is just a decorative edge. I have the cinch (we r memory keepers) and I like it. You don't have to measure; everything is right on the base. I like the tab that holds everything in place if you need to make a bigger page. I also like that you can turn holes on and off. There is a binding holder on the side and a knob that adjusts to the size of the wires. I put a mark on mine so I get a perfect binding every time. Some people complained about the size...I like that it is big. It fits nicely on my shelving. Oh it has a clip on the side for carrying.

A few weeks back there was I guess you can say a debate if cinch was better than bind it all or vice versa. I guess it boils down to preference. Hope this helps.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to HisGEM

okay, looks like it's going to be a "Cinch" !

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Well congrats on your cinch!

New Kid On the Block
In response to HisGEM

I have just this week been looking at binding machine which lead me to this site.
I am trying to decide between the bind it all by zutter or the Cinch binding.

Then need to find the wires at a reasonable price.

I would like to follow along with this p[ost too. which machine do you like and why. I have not seen any of them in person.

I do want to be able to punch through cork coasters.
Thanks

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt

Gramma!

Got my Cinch and it is easy provided you follow the instructions to the letter first couple of times.

REMEMBER:
  • make sure the lever is at the right angle. If it is not fully extended upward the paper will stick.
  • Always practice before actual paper. Ruining a page would be a real BUMMER!
  • The first Tip in the Cinch tips: the alignment button is NOT grey, it 's black. Make sure it's down first when doing a longer than 6 inches, the button must be down for the first punch, then up to finish the rest of the hole punches.
  • Store it with the hook with the strap onto the lever.

For practice paper I used supermarket ads and junk mail!

I read sooo many product reviews it was insane! The negative comments were all due to the above oversights.

Oh, Zutter double ring binders can be used on a Cinch and there are 6 packs available at California Paper Goods
Zutter Bind It All Or just google Bind it All wires or Cinch wires for the best price! They have them here too! The wires come in all colors too!

If you have a question? Click on my profile and send me a PM , I have mastered that bad boy! I know I know I should be in sales!

Good Luck!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics