Username Post: DIY Wedding invites! Please help!        (Topic#1535933)
paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed

I am making all of our wedding invites, save the dates, decorations etc. I can't seem to find any paper that would match our colors. Our colors are light blue, dark blue, and silver. (like air force uniforms). Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of patterned paper that have these 3 colors as the main colors? Thanks

Edited by paper_obsessed on 06-02-10 11:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to paper_obsessed

What about layers of those solid colors, and not one pattern with all of them?
For example, use a light blue, matted in dark blue, with silver print.

Also, will anyone notice if the colors are slightly different than what you use in your ceremony?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! You could make your own paper from plain white? For the invites you can use one of those colors (light blue or dark) for the ink and add a silver ribbon to incorporate...
Or you could use Bazzill brand paper/cardstock..they have many different colors available...hope this helps!
Products Referenced in This Post:

paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed
In response to HisGEM

Thanks guys. I am really looking for patterned paper that is light blue and dark blue. I don't really mind about the silver, it would just be nice. I really want light blue and dark blue patterned paper so the invitations would match the decorations I make for the reception and for the ceremony. I just really would love for it all to be matching.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 06-02-10 12:01 PM

This is the only paper I can think of with dark and light blue.

lstory 
Mayor

K and Company had that line Blue Awning last year that might suit, but I'm not sure who's still carrying it. Also, you might try searching for Hanukkah papers, since blue and silver are the traditional colors - just skip the menorahs and you're all set!

Lisa

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to lstory

I've made many - I tend to just use solid colors by the brides request but you don't have to worry about having the EXACT shades, nobody will realize if they are off a little

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Ohio4HMom

ooo I made my own, also. I used Curious Metallics paper for a shiny gunmetal grey...but it comes in a variety of colors, including regular silver and white. Comes in some blues too, but if you're like me you might not find them to be the right shade either. The silvers and white are pretty though. I love the elegant sheen they add. PM me if you want the cheapest site to buy it.

I printed the actual wording on Bazzill, ya I actually found the EXACT shade of the dresses in Bazzill. LOL.

I don't know what invite style you're going for, but it would be really pretty to find the color of bazzill you want, print the wording on there, and then mat that on the curious metallics paper. Then you could make a belly band out of whatever patterned paper you find. Usually people do belly bands with ribbon, but it would be really cute to do them with patterned paper, and it would cost less shipping too.

Just some ideas.

PM me if you want to bounce ideas off me. Making my invites was my favorite part of the whole planning process.

Just one word of advice...start as early as possible. They took me forever and a day. I made most all of the other paper stuff too, and since I didn't start soon enough, I was still working on it all the night before the wedding, which is something you do not want to be doing. Plan lots and lots of time!!!

I wish you lived near me, I'd help!

Have fun with them. Sorry I can't think of any blue papers, but I'll keep thinking. Does you wedding have any other "theme"?

katierose87
Expert
katierose87
In response to angie girl

I would use the Bazzil dark blue cardstock pack which comes with navy and light blue and then I would use the navy as a base card (or buy navy colored cards) and then cut a layer of light blue to put on the front. Then I'd print the cover art on white or silver card stock and layer that over the light blue. Reduce each layer by 1/4" or 1/2" to create that border. I think you could probably incorporate some elegance into a printed monogram on the top white silver/layer but the card will feel heavy and expensive and look really clean and streamlined like a military uniform. You could even run a layer through the cuttlebug or print a pattern on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock to add more detail. Finish with a strip of silver ribbon! Hope that helps!

www.dontkidwithme.blogspot.com

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to katierose87

Upload a picture with the colors you want and then use the Scrap By Color feature.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics