Username Post: Scrapbook Cover Ideas        (Topic#1535969)
New Kid On the Block

Hi All! I am new here and also new to scrapbooking. I am in the process of completing my 1st scrapbook which is for my parents 50th anniversary. The cover of the scrapbook is plain and gold and was curious if anyone had any ideas as to what I should do with the cover, if anything. Is the cover normally decorated? I'm not even sure on that! Thanks for any ideas....!!!!!!

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75
In response to litldity

I have used vinyl to decorate/label mine.
I love the way it turns out and it stays good. I don't think I've taken a photo but I'll try to remember to do that.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 06-03-10 03:45 AM
In response to AmyK75

You can buy albums that are designed as a make-your-own cover.

You can find them here in the Superstore or at a local craft store.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to IzzyB

I would add "50 years" to the cover and maybe a photo depending on the size.

ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to HisGEM

I love decorating the outside of my plain albums. I usually add ribbons and flowers to it using the dot adhesives or the red tape its extra sticky.

maybe you can add 50Years to the album as menitioned above and add some white/gold flowers to it...

I have a baby album I made that I added ribbon and flowers to...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to litldity

If it's a real "stand alone" album then you can go nuts on the cover. (like I added a foam map to the cover of a vacation album)

But if it's an album that will end up in a bookcase close to other books and will rub against them when it is pulled out and put back in you might want to avoid 3d embellishments and glue everydown really well so nothing catches or rips.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics