Username Post: any aussies brought from this site?        (Topic#1536123)
tam7
tam7 
Expert
tam7
  • tam7 on 06-05-10 05:23 AM

I have had a look on this site a couple of times (mainly at the same items as I'm still deciding if I should buy items from this site) and I was just wanting to know if anyone from Australia had brought items from this site and how you found your experience to be with the service, items etc, I'm still only new to scrapbooking so thats why I am a bit nervy about buying items not here in Australia. thanks for looking.

tegz
tegz 
Idol
tegz
  • tegz on 06-07-10 02:56 AM
In response to tam7

I had an order all ready to go, however the freight was more than the cost of the goods, so i decideed against it, gooodluck

miss becky
Idol
miss becky
In response to tegz

With the price of the dollar im starting to consider it....

New Kid On the Block
In response to miss becky

I placed a rather large order recently when the $$$$$ was comparable - even with freight I came out on top - service was great - was able to track my order every day - worth a try. !!!

Edited by OZ CHICKIE on 11-28-10 03:27 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to OZ CHICKIE

There is a wide range of products on scrapbook.com. The delivery is great, though it can be pricey and seem disproportionate to what you spend. However, the prices of individual items are cheaper than what we'd pay here in Australia and the fact that you can order just about anything, makes it enticing! If you are only buying under $100 of stuff, the shipping does seem expensive.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to tam7

Even with shipping I ended up paying about half of what I would expect to here in Aus. If you're only looking for a couple of items, my tip is to check out EBay, but if you've got more than $150 to shop with, go for it! Plus the shipping calculator is easy to use and you can take items in and out of the cart to see what they're adding to your shipping costs (heavy items will add more than lighter items of course).

I'm looking at placing my second order as soon as we move house - I haven't been able to find bulk Bazzill or American Crafts cardstock in any of the outlets near me and even with shipping from scrapbook.com I'll end up paying only 50c a sheet (instead of 95c or more!). Service was prompt and friendly - I'm usually already familiar with the products I'm purchasing though so if you're not sure what you're looking at, maybe check out your local first.

tam7
tam7 
Expert
tam7
  • tam7 on 03-19-11 03:33 AM
In response to Christine19850

Thanks for all of your options, I finally decided to go ahead and place an order and am about to place my second order. I did what a couple of you suggested about if I have more to spend the price of the shipping is worth it so I saved my money until I had a bit over $100 and now I'm a happy little girl. (can't say the same for my back account) thanks again girls.

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to tam7

I know what you mean! We're just about to move house so I have been putting off ordering again but my Birthday is in June so I might see if I can get some new toys then.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics