Username Post: "Customizing" Chipboard Letters        (Topic#1536297)
shelthegreat
Tenant
shelthegreat

I bought a few plain chipboard letters today. I Have never used these before. I know they can be painted or inked, but I was wondering if anyone on here had some good ways of going about it? Any tips, or product suggestions? Of course photos would be really helpful.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to shelthegreat

I use foam brushes for painting them.

For inking, I lay them out and rub an inkpad over them. Or just ink the edges using a pad or a makeup sponge or Q-tip.

You can also cover them with pattern paper, or stamp on them. Just some other ideas.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 06-08-10 01:48 PM
In response to CMLeach

Great ideas!
I also love to spray plain chipboard with Glimmer Mist. You can also stamp designs on them after painting, inking, or spraying, for added interest.

jessicaparker88
Resident
jessicaparker88
In response to Ami G

My two favorite ways to decorate chipboard:

1.) Mix Diamond Glaze with a lot of glitter to make a paste and brush on with a foam brush or just use fingers! Looks GORGEOUS.

2.) Trace the letter or accent over patterned paper, cut out and paste over the chipboard. Then when it's completely dry (and I dry it upside down to ensure a good "stick") use a small emery board to file the excess around the edges away.

Hope that helps - good luck!

megamuffins
Guru
megamuffins
In response to jessicaparker88

An other idea is to emboss them. You rub the letters with the embosspad. Then you put on the embossingpowder. Use your heat tool to melt the embossing powder. Use the sparkling embossingpowder as a bling. Then it will not look so boring. Just remember to protect your fingers! Good luck!

shelthegreat
Tenant
shelthegreat
In response to megamuffins

Thank ladies. This has given me some great ideas.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to megamuffins

• megamuffins Said:
An other idea is to emboss them. You rub the letters with the embosspad. Then you put on the embossingpowder. Use your heat tool to melt the embossing powder. Use the sparkling embossingpowder as a bling. Then it will not look so boring. Just remember to protect your fingers! Good luck!

I like to heat emboss chipboard too.

Great result, and it's relatively quick and easy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics