Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Best Adhesives?        (Topic#1536327)
Tenant

Just wondering what people use. I'm really curious what you veteran scrappers use. I've been scrapping four years and am still searching for what is best and what will last!! I've been using photo tabs and glue sticks and recently I finally found a tape runner I like...

What adhesives do you use for paper to paper and photo to paper????

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Nat Scraps

I use the ATG 50.

I had been using a tape runner from Office Depot until they stopped carrying it.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Rosita

I like Tombow dot adhesive but it is a little expensive. I found another kind at HL that seems to be doing good-it's Adtech brand. For liquid I like Zip Dry, Glossy Accents, and Zig pen. Just depends on what I am using it for.
You'll have to just play and see what you like. Everyone has their own fav.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease

I prefer mono-adhesive for photo-to-paper or paper-to-paper, and glue dots or KI gloo for heavy embellies.

I found a site that sells the mono refills super cheap if you can buy them in bulk, so I will go in within another person or two to buy some.

I know that a lot of people swear by the ATG, but I borrowed a friend's once and didn't like it at all. Too big and bulky, IMO. Everyone is different, though, and lots of people love it.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-09-10 09:23 AM
In response to siameseplease

ATG 714, Zip Dry, Zig pen.

Tenant
In response to stick

Glad to hear people like the zig pen, I just started using that! How long has that been around?

Tenant

Does anyone use the photo tabs or sticky squares for your photos? How well do those hold up?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• Nat Scraps Said:
Does anyone use the photo tabs or sticky squares for your photos? How well do those hold up?

They seem to hold up ok, but I stopped using them a long time ago because they take SO LONG to do compared with other items. That and I hate the little backing papers that seem to get everywhere.

Zip Dry is an AWESOME glue - it's liquid but does not warp or bubble your papers.
I also love Adhesive Squares by Glue ARts and the Glue Glider Pro.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-09-10 11:14 AM

• Nat Scraps Said:

Until I got my ATG, I was a big fan of photo splits, easy to use, easy to cut in half if I needed a narrower piece, and they work very well. And easy to pick up another box on my way home from work if I needed it. But ATG is a much better value for me in the long run and I'm happy I switched.

Tenant
In response to Here Kitty

What do you use the zip dry for?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• Nat Scraps Said:
What do you use the zip dry for?

what DON'T I use it for is a better question!
It's great on paper, photos, buttons and other embellishments, etc.

New Kid On the Block

I've been using the We R Memory Keepers tab dispenser. I love them b/c I rip up and rearrange stuff constantly and they move well then become permanent. I once got 1 roll that didn't hold but that was a fluke. They do not have little papers like other tabs.

bellasmommy
Resident
bellasmommy
In response to tereann

What do you all use for thin things like small letters cricut cut? I've been using tombow but thats kinda messy and I keep thinking there has to be a better way.

Also paper flowers- Ive been using glue dots but sometimes the flower comes off leaving a layer of the paper behind on the glue dot. Does that make sense?

Expert
In response to bellasmommy

For the small letters--I recommend the Xyron X, especially with the repositionable adhesive because then you can move the letters around once or twice to get your title lined up before it sets.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by HuskerMom98 on 06-14-10 05:20 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

bellasmommy
Resident
bellasmommy
In response to HuskerMom98

thanks. Ive seen those at LSS but never really looked at them, too many sparkly things nearby to distract me. Ill get one next time though. Thanks again.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 06-14-10 07:14 PM
In response to bellasmommy

I use the Zig pen for small items.

PinkScrapper99
New Kid On the Block
PinkScrapper99
In response to stick

Hi. It depends what kind of project I am working on. I love my ATG 714 gun. I even painted it Pink and did a video on You Tube. I also use the TomBow Liquid glue. It's in a white and green bottle. You can get it at Michael's in the scrapbook section. I also use Tim Holt's glossy accents. Hope that helps.

Tenant
In response to PinkScrapper99

I went shopping for new adhesives today and saw a xyron tape runner but it was expensive compared to the others so I didn't get it. It did however say that it was "aggressive" and I do have the sticker maker which I like so any opinions on it?

anyone try it out?? How well does it hold?
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue

I like the ThermoWeb tape runner the best. It has the most amount of tape in it - 55 ft - than any other standard runner you can buy at Ms and HL - which is the only places I've been able to find it. It is refillable. It holds really well.

My favorite liquid glues are Scotch Quick Dry - for paper to paper heavy embelishments or altered art and tiny things, and Fabri-Tac - for ribbon and fabric to paper.

Glossy accents is best for buttons and bling.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to Tammy Sue

I use different adhesives for different things.
Tombow tape runner.
Xyron 500
Xyron X
Glue dots
glue pen

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics